RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

White House invite for Stanley & S. Carolina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 10/01/17 3:39 pm    ::: White House invite for Stanley & S. Carolina Reply Reply with quote

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article176364791.html

PostPosted: 10/01/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So will individual players be required to go, or do they have a choice?

snzuluz

PostPosted: 10/02/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They won in April...not sure why it takes so long to set up these visits...kids who were apart of that team and have transfeered out or have graduated now will not be apart of something that they won almost 5 months ago...kids who are now freshmen get to go for something they had no part in either

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/02/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snzuluz wrote:
They won in April...not sure why it takes so long to set up these visits...kids who were apart of that team and have transfeered out or have graduated now will not be apart of something that they won almost 5 months ago...kids who are now freshmen get to go for something they had no part in either

I don't think the White House had given this the slightest thought until UN Ambassador Haley got involved and tried to set up a visit for her state's school.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 10/02/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
snzuluz wrote:

I don't think the White House had given this the slightest thought until UN Ambassador Haley got involved and tried to set up a visit for her state's school.

This was my reaction as well, given that UNC had already been contacted to set up their visit. Blatant sexism if you ask me....while I'm not a huge fan of Haley, credit to her for making this happen.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 10/02/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

This was my reaction as well, given that UNC had already been contacted to set up their visit. Blatant sexism if you ask me....while I'm not a huge fan of Haley, credit to her for making this happen.

From this White House? Blatant sexism surprises you?
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 10/03/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:

I agree. I'm pretty sure that Trump LOVES women, so emphatically in fact, that he will "embrace" them even without them having to ask!

As for Dawn's visit, do you think this administration's vote against a United Nations resolution condemning LGBTQ people (https://thinkprogress.org/united-nations-gay-death-penalty-36e6a5101ec9/) will affect her decision to visit the Whitehouse?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/03/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

I agree. I'm pretty sure that Trump LOVES women, so emphatically in fact, that he will "embrace" them even without them having to ask!

As for Dawn's visit, do you think this administration's vote against a United Nations resolution condemning LGBTQ people (https://thinkprogress.org/united-nations-gay-death-penalty-36e6a5101ec9/) will affect her decision to visit the Whitehouse?

Especially considering the vote was cast by Haley, who's arranging the visit. Rolling Eyes

Quite an "honor roll" of countries we sided with. Crying or Very sad

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/19/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Vanderbilt women’s basketball coach Stephanie White said it was a “slap in the face” that President Donald Trump had not invited the South Carolina national title team to the White House.

Quote:
"Our coaches in our league stand up for what’s right," South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said. "The fact that they can speak out on it, it’s a great thing. It’s what America is all about, being able to exercise your First Amendment right."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2017/10/19/no-south-carolina-invite-white-house-slap-face-says-vanderbilt-womens-coach/773320001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: