26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Sparks
73%
 73%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 42

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ow...little lailaa getting her sportscenter spot.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Why did Whalen only play 12 minutes & Brunson only 19?? That small line-up for Minnesota didn't really work tonight.

Nah, it actually did. It was the lineup that got them within 1. Perkins just crapped the bed when it was all on the line. How many wide open 3 did she brick in that critical juncture?

If I were the Lynx I would run the small lineup wire to wire next game whenever Maya is on the floor.

3 of the 4 she took for the game I think. Monty had Jones wide open on the other side of the arc at the same time Perkins was but unfortunately didn't see her.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
refs straight robbing the lynx right now if lynx win this game i hope reeves lets them know

Its not like they are not fouling alot though.

to the fact LA is playing that tough and tight of Defense and they didn't have not one foul plz over it

That was really my only issue. They called the Lynx tight, and that's fair, but there was a lot of contact allowed on the other end of the court that wasn't called.

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
#JusticeHasBeenServed

If justice is to be served Lynx will win in 5 on a late basket that the refs can’t review.

A little bitter tonight, not directed at you.

Its ok i understand fan to fan i felt those same emotions during and after game 2!

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
dear sparks fans at staples,

don't taught maya...she'll drop 40 game 4... she is a killer... Laughing

nope the home refs will make sure she picks up 3 again in the 1st half and sit like tonight to seal a LA win

Or she might foul 20 times and only get called for 1 in the 1st half? This is LaLa Land ya know Laughing

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another hard fought game. Congrats to the Sparks! Cool

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all Lynx fans are very bitter tonight. But I understand. I've watched Maya climb backs for rebounds for several seasons and not get called for numerous fouls. The refs suck. I agree there, but like said before Minnesota had several opportunities to take the lead and couldn't connect. Idk why Whalen was benched, but I expected to see her come in when they cut the lead under 10. Glad to get the W. Hesitant to purchase game 4 tickets again since we lost last year when I was there for game 4 lol. GO LA. I think we'll close it out in game 4 this year. Might as well get the tickets!!!

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1.Running the offense through Fowles instead of Moore is just stupid.Moore is a tier 1 offensive superstar while Fowles is a limited offensive player.There were too many possessions in the 4th quarter where Maya did not touch the basketball.

2.Reeve sat Augustus to long.Perkins,who had a poor shooting night.Was throwing up bricks during the key moments of the 4th quarter.

3.Had Jones played 15-18 minutes during the regular season,she would have easily made the all rookie team.

4.Minnesota needs an influx of talent.They also need to increase the roles of the young players that are currently on the roster.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maya is pissed in this post game presser lol

Last edited by wnbashockballa on 09/29/17 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The good news for the Lynx is that Jones looks like she is a keeper...which is a good thing since there are at least 4 lynxians who are or should be on the brink of retirement.

The good news for LA is they managed to win on their home court and that JLav seemed to have re-found her much needed shot and that Bay Bay actually played a few minutes without killing them.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't remember seeing Cheryl yelling at Maya before...and in this game, at least twice!

- Amanda Gorman
wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
1.Running the offense through Fowles instead of Moore is just stupid.Moore is a tier 1 offensive superstar while Fowles is a limited offensive player.There were too many possessions in the 4th quarter where Maya did not touch the basketball.

2.Reeve sat Augustus to long.Perkins,who had a poor shooting night.Was throwing up bricks during the key moments of the 4th quarter.

3.Had Jones played 15-18 minutes during the regular season,she would have easily made the all rookie team.

4.Minnesota needs an influx of talent.They also need to increase the roles of the young players that are currently on the roster.

its smart to run throw fowles if fowles makes the right move as in when to pass vs shooting ... most the time the t/o are because they are forcing it into her with 2/3 ppl on her

bread was all over maya it was hard to get it to maya tonight but i will say once the lead was cut to one jones and jia and monty shoulda made sure maya was shooting or creating

PostPosted: 09/29/17 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1.Led by C.Parker,LA's entire starting 5 was tenacious on defense.

2.Once again,Sims/Gray outplayed Whalen/Augustus.Up to this point,Gray is my finals MVP.

3.Minnesota got very good production off the bench.But Reeve left Jones/Perkins in a little too long.

4.The early foul calls on Maya were garbage.But it evened out in the 2nd half.Maya got away with excessive contact on multiple plays in the 3rd quarter.The referees did not decide this basketball game.Minnesota's inability to hit shots,and play defense without fouling cost them the basketball game.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/29/17 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:

its smart to run throw fowles if fowles makes the right move as in when to pass vs shooting ... most the time the t/o are because they are forcing it into her with 2/3 ppl on her

Maya has a history of offensively putting teams on her back.Scoring 30+ pts in big games,hitting game winning shots....If minny has any hope of playing a gm 5 Maya must be the #1 option,not Fowles.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 09/29/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I think Beard deserves at least some credit for that. She was running (or at least trying to run) full ball denial on Moore for much of the 4th quarter, particularly after Moore got hot and hit a few shots. But for Beard's efforts, Moore might very well have kept her hot-streak rolling and basically buried the Sparks down the stretch. We've all seen plenty of games in which she's done exactly that to an opponent.

Beard was, I think, the secret hero behind tonight's W for Los Angeles.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/30/17 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I don't remember seeing Cheryl yelling at Maya before...and in this game, at least twice!

Reeve has felt a little too comfortable yelling at Maya for years now. Hopefully, Reeve counters that off the court or it can't be a good situation.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/30/17 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/30/17 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The good news for the Lynx is that Jones looks like she is a keeper.

She needed to keep her three point stroke going.
She was 3-5 from three and 0-5 from two.
It all adds up to 30% fgp. Yee haw!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/30/17 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well another game with the team that gets off to a good ends up winning the game with some drama the last few mins. Who was it that gave CP votes for the all defense team?cause she making them look good. Being a LA fan and watching CP play a lot during the season I was like whoever vote for her had a legit case.

Jones had a good game, she and Renee were the reason the Lynx had a comeback.

I think Sims ball pressure is getting to Whalen. Speaking of Sims everytime Ryan brings up her not missing a ft I'm like be quiet and of course she missed one. Gray is playing good defense too.

LA please win on Sunday I don't think my heart can deal with another close 4qrt game.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/30/17 3:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

I think Sims ball pressure is getting to Whalen. Speaking of Sims everytime Ryan brings up her not missing a ft I'm like be quiet and of course she missed one. Gray is playing good defense too.

And some people said Sims didn't have the ability to be a elite level defender.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/30/17 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whalen & Augustus played like crap, Moore was in foul trouble & the Sparks figured out how to contain Fowles. Brunson was a non-factor with the Lynx going small. When all five starters were mostly ineffective, the Sparks will win.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 09/30/17 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Less minutes for Whalen means less quality scoring opportunities for Fowles.Montgomery is one of the worst post entry passers in the league.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/30/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Random thoughts ...

*My team would have won if not for the horrible officiating. Refs suck, refs suck ... blame the refs. It's their fault, and the league tells them who to call fouls on. Who cares about dumb plays, bad shots and horrid defense? It's all the refs. Blame the refs.

*Sylvia Fowles takes nine shots, makes seven. Alexis Jones takes 10 shots, makes three. Jia Perkins takes eight shots, makes one. This might be a coaching issue (or you could blame the refs).

*Sims turned it up a notch defending Whalen, who had been effective offensively in the first two games. Whatever changed, it made Whalen pretty much unplayable, because her defense is below average now.

*How can Seimone Augustus get just four shots in 25 minutes? This might be a coaching issue (or you could blame the refs).

*Though Sims and Gray outscored Whalen and Augustus 30-0 -- let's stop and think about that for a second (blame the refs) -- they also combined for seven turnovers, which is too many. L.A. won't be +30 again in the backcourt, and then those turnovers, too many of them simply ill-advised, could turn a game around.

*And despite all that (blame the refs), Minnesota could have won this game.

PostPosted: 09/30/17 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

And some people said Sims didn't have the ability to be a elite level defender.
I never said she couldn't be a good defender. I said she had weaknesses that were not obvious at first glance. When she picks up and stays with her assignment she plays at a high level. in this last game she did. She picked up her assignment early so that they couldn't lose her in transition. She has to remain focused through out the game. This loss of focus is also what got Williams pulled from game two, not the fact that she didn't hit her one shot attempt.

I will hold off on whether I would say Sims can be an elite level defender until it becomes clear to me why she loses contact with her assignments. is it purely focus? Is it narrow peripheral vision or does it involve a spactial processing deficiency? I frankly do not know. The thing is that if it involves the latter two that is not really correctable. She is really learning to compensate for what ever it is. The incident with Nneka seemed to point to focus.

I would not, however, call her an elite defender because she lacks size and has short arms. She uses her speed to compensate for that. The thing is that to be called elite you should have no weaknesses to compensate for other than having an off day.

Speed can negate a lack of height but to use that speed requires constant focus. Spatial recognition also plays a major factor in compensating for other deficiencies. The lack of it can negate speed. A players assets and deficiencies can be a combination of may variables. Some are just more obvious than others. That is why many players that have one aspect of either height, quickness/speed, technical proficiency or BB IQ often can not function at the next level. Just being above average or overly endowed in one area will only be able to compensate for deficiencies in the others at the lower levels. That is why their is usually and adjustment period when players step up a level. It will expose their deficiencies. Some can be corrected others can not. However, those that can be corrected require a lot of effort and work. That is why Shoni is not presently in the league.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/30/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3hzcix_LHIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/30/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Random thoughts ...
*Sims turned it up a notch defending Whalen, who had been effective offensively in the first two games. Whatever changed, it made Whalen pretty much unplayable, because her defense is below average now.

I watched what Sims did. Sims stayed focused and made an effort to pick up or at least recognize where her assignment was early during every transition. She did this not only with Whalen but also her other assignments. She stayed focused defensively and that would tend to mitigate any spatial issues she might have. Whalen is just more savey than most and will take advantage of any such lack in concentration.

The lynx run a lot of picks for their players. Moore got called for fouls on a few of those this last game. In the previous games Fowles was often guilty of throwing moving picks and screens but never was caught. Never the less they are really good at it. I never consider it bad defense when a player gets picked off a screen. Often it is their team mate who is liable. The lynxs guards especially seem to depend on screens and picks more than the Sparks guards do. If the Lynxs get called for fouls on those plays it sort of effects their ability to run their offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: