RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kara Lawson named primary TV analyst for Wizards broadcasts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 09/28/17 9:10 pm    ::: Kara Lawson named primary TV analyst for Wizards broadcasts Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic announced the hiring of Lawson on Wednesday. A longtime ESPN game and studio analyst, Lawson will continue to contribute on that network along with working Wizards games.

Lawson in 2007 became the first female analyst for a nationally televised NBA game. The 36-year-old is a Washington-area native who went to the Final Four three times at the University of Tennessee and won an Olympic gold medal at the 2008 Olympics.

Phil Chenier, who had Lawson’s job the past 33 years, will be a second analyst for some games and do pre- and postgame work. Ex-NBA player Drew Gooden also joins the network for some games.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/27/wnba-star-kara-lawson-named-primary-tv-analyst-for-wizards-broadcasts/

PostPosted: 09/29/17 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the wnba loses another talent(Hammon,White)....not a good look......Congratulations to Lawson....she deserves every penny.

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/29/17 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
So the wnba loses another talent(Hammon,White)....not a good look......Congratulations to Lawson....she deserves every penny.

Lose her how? The NBA and WNBA seasons do not coincide with each other.

PostPosted: 09/29/17 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Lose her how? The NBA and WNBA seasons do not coincide with each other.

I think, in order to be good at one, attention to the other suffers. We saw it with Doris Burke- she didn't have the time (or possibly the inclination, but I have a higher opinion of her professionalism than that) to do her research and get her details straight. Her WBB work suffered for it. Same to a lesser extent with RosGo.

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/29/17 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lawson hasn't been working on the WNBA anyway, though. I can't blame her for aiming higher, both in terms of profile and pay packet. I don't think I've heard enough of her as a colour analyst to know whether I think she's any good. Hopefully she's better than Doris Burke, who recently got a regular NBA gig as well.

PostPosted: 09/29/17 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She will be working WBB for ESPN still once they figure it all out.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Lawson hasn't been working on the WNBA anyway, though. I can't blame her for aiming higher, both in terms of profile and pay packet. I don't think I've heard enough of her as a colour analyst to know whether I think she's any good. Hopefully she's better than Doris Burke, who recently got a regular NBA gig as well.

She's much better than Doris.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 09/29/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

watching the wnba pregame/halftime in-studio analysis during the playoffs has been so depressing.Kara would be a major upgrade.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/29/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
watching the wnba pregame/halftime in-studio analysis during the playoffs has been so depressing.Kara would be a major upgrade.

+1

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: