47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 51

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
If you say so. I mean, I'm not questioning whether Gray or Williams are tough, but I don't think that anybody in the W is about that life, to be honest.

Not anyone current, anyway. Juju, Neckbone, and Killer are in the past.

Thugette Pierson could be the last of the Mohicans !

You don't really want to go there because it was Parker who actually threw a punch.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/26/17 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
If you say so. I mean, I'm not questioning whether Gray or Williams are tough, but I don't think that anybody in the W is about that life, to be honest.

Not anyone current, anyway. Juju, Neckbone, and Killer are in the past.

Thugette Pierson could be the last of the Mohicans !

You don't really want to go there because it was Parker who actually threw a punch.

I do want to go there because it was Pierson who charged at her forcing her to protect her self . Also it was Pierson that almost had multiple altercations with DT. Pierson wacking PFT .

PostPosted: 09/26/17 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Defending Plenette is a tough assignment, but Shades is just sticking up for his team.

PostPosted: 09/26/17 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Defending Plenette is a tough assignment, but Shades is just sticking up for his team.

She was on my team last season as a starter and i still did not defend her thugnicity Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/26/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
whalen likes staring people down after a good play... she gets a pass for being a punk ass.

I was thinking the same thing. Like she can fight or something.

I have no idea whether Lindsay Whelan can fight or not, but she looks like she's a First Team Can-Take-A-Punch All-Star. I can't imagine that there's a player on the Sparks that she's worried is going to get in her face.

Riquna and Chelsea would both drag her. She needs to stop.

Riquna can't even look her coach in the eye. Chelsea is just a puffy teddy bear.
I don't why people are equating a look to fighting. Pretty ridiculous. Whalen is taking more heat from the fans for a look than Taurasi did for slugging a player in the back of the neck.

I agree with Shades Surprised

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PPP has been well known for thugish behaviour. But I would say that she has somewhat 'mellowed out' in her old age. She can still give some thumps on opponents but it doesn't look nearly as dirty as it used to. And she's definitely stopped doing the hook'em strategy which ended up giving her a major injury. It may be faint praise, but I would say she isn't the thug she used to be.

Now watch her try to take out Candace or Nneka tonight.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/26/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PPP has been well known for thugish behaviour. But I would say that she has somewhat 'mellowed out' in her old age. She can still give some thumps on opponents but it doesn't look nearly as dirty as it used to. And she's definitely stopped doing the hook'em strategy which ended up giving her a major injury. It may be faint praise, but I would say she isn't the thug she used to be.

Now watch her try to take out Candace or Nneka tonight.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/26/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Not such a tough assignment. Just keep letting her jack those threes she's fallen in love with, you'll be fine.

(now with spelling variations)
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/27/17 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
whalen likes staring people down after a good play... she gets a pass for being a punk ass.

I was thinking the same thing. Like she can fight or something. Look up girl. Y'all down 20. Lol.
Lol Maybe that's why she was staring down cause she couldn't look up. I agree with ChicagoAnnie Lindsey does get a pass for her punk behaviour. She has the right to celebrate a good play but it's the way she does it that comes off like a bully. Like do you feel big and bad staring down a player on the floor while you're standing. Was CP supposed to be scare? She wasn't even looking at you. Her behaviour would have at least been justified if CP fouled her hard by pushing or pulled her to the floor since that wasn't the case she just looked like a punk.

In Whalens defense i think she does this stare down after a good play more to fire up herself, her teammates and the audience. I dont think she does it to disrespect the opponent or she would of gotten a T for it for taunting..
People wanted more emotion from her so she is certainly giving them that the last couple of years Laughing
Well then she needs to follow her teammates Maya Fowles Mone on how to fire herself up without being obnoxious they all been pretty good at doing that. Also I find it interesting that you felt different when BG did the stare down on Ana Dabovic in a game.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/27/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Like she can fight or something. Look up girl. Y'all down 20. Lol.
Lol Maybe that's why she was staring down cause she couldn't look up. I agree with ChicagoAnnie Lindsey does get a pass for her punk behaviour. She has the right to celebrate a good play but it's the way she does it that comes off like a bully. Like do you feel big and bad staring down a player on the floor while you're standing. Was CP supposed to be scare? She wasn't even looking at you. Her behaviour would have at least been justified if CP fouled her hard by pushing or pulled her to the floor since that wasn't the case she just looked like a punk.

In Whalens defense i think she does this stare down after a good play more to fire up herself, her teammates and the audience. I dont think she does it to disrespect the opponent or she would of gotten a T for it for taunting..
People wanted more emotion from her so she is certainly giving them that the last couple of years Laughing
Well then she needs to follow her teammates Maya Fowles Mone on how to fire herself up without being obnoxious they all been pretty good at doing that. Also I find it interesting that you felt different when BG did the stare down on Ana Dabovic in a game.

Didn't you see the people complaining about Mone yelling in the game 2 thread?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/28/17 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Yes because Griner and Whalen are so much a like on how they act on the floor most of the time Rolling Eyes Augustus likes to celebrate a lot more after big plays then Whalen tbh.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/28/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Yes because Griner and Whalen are so much a like on how they act on the floor most of the time Rolling Eyes Augustus likes to celebrate a lot more after big plays then Whalen tbh.
So what if they act different they both did the same thing.It doesnt make sense to me that you can defend Lindsey for the same action you didnt like from BG.Like I said its the way Whalen celebrate so I dont know why you are bringing Mone celebrating more. I dont find Maya Mone Fowles obnoxious when celebrating thats the difference for me compare to Whalen. I still wanna know how Lindsey fire herself up by staring down players since you brought it up?

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/28/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y’all are acting like Whalen yelled in someone’s face and said “**** you” in their face. She got fired up on a play and stared at them. Come on. Taurasi hit people in the head and it got less flack for that.

Last edited by adamj95 on 09/28/17 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/28/17 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Y’all are acting like Whalen yelled in someone’s face and said “**** you” in their face. She got fired up on a play and stared at them. Come on. Taurasi hit people in the head and it less flack for that.

But The Gag is She kinda did. Just only when the player was turned around on the ground not seeing her reaction....

PostPosted: 09/28/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
So what if they act different they both did the same thing. It doesnt make sense to me that you can defend Lindsay for the same action you didn't like from BG.

I don't recall this, but somehow I doubt it was the same. Got a vid? Griner tends to approach a player and yap, which at Griner's size can be pretty intimidating.

Libra_Girl wrote:
Like I said its the way Whalen celebrate so I dont know why you are bringing Mone celebrating more. I dont find Maya Mone Fowles obnoxious when celebrating thats the difference for me compare to Whalen.

I guess you take Whalen's look as wanting to fight, but that's so ridiculous. She's never been in a fight. And of all the players in the league who you could accuse of being obnoxious, Whalen should seriously be near the bottom of the list. High character person and not exactly flamboyant.

Libra_Girl wrote:
I still wanna know how Lindsey fire herself up by staring down players since you brought it up?

It could fire up the team, especially if it's in conjunction with a great play. Did it work? Did the Lynx start playing better?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/28/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Y’all are acting like Whalen yelled in someone’s face and said “**** you” in their face.

You mean like this one from 2013 when Nneka screamed "AND 1!" into Brunson's face? Didn't even get a technical for this. So obnoxious!

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/28/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Y’all are acting like Whalen yelled in someone’s face and said “**** you” in their face.

You mean like this one from 2013 when Nneka screamed "AND 1!" into Brunson's face? Didn't even get a technical for this. So obnoxious!

Exactly.

PostPosted: 09/29/17 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Exactly.
I never given Nneka pass for yelling in Brunson face and thought she was better than that when I was watching it live. Since we going back seasons maybe I should go look for a pic of JMac not letting Nneka get up by standing over her.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/29/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
So what if they act different they both did the same thing. It doesnt make sense to me that you can defend Lindsay for the same action you didn't like from BG.

I don't recall this, but somehow I doubt it was the same. Got a vid? Griner tends to approach a player and yap, which at Griner's size can be pretty intimidating.

Libra_Girl wrote:
Like I said its the way Whalen celebrate so I dont know why you are bringing Mone celebrating more. I dont find Maya Mone Fowles obnoxious when celebrating thats the difference for me compare to Whalen.

I guess you take Whalen's look as wanting to fight, but that's so ridiculous. She's never been in a fight. And of all the players in the league who you could accuse of being obnoxious, Whalen should seriously be near the bottom of the list. High character person and not exactly flamboyant.

Libra_Girl wrote:
I still wanna know how Lindsey fire herself up by staring down players since you brought it up?

It could fire up the team, especially if it's in conjunction with a great play. Did it work? Did the Lynx start playing better?
You can look at the last game LA played in Phx in the 2015 season to see it was the same thing. Dabovic was knock to the floor by BG who didn't yap with her but did stare her down. Whalen is on near the top of my list so is Coach Reeve even if you feel different. Lynx were most likely fired up by the and 1 not Lindsey antics afterwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: