RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Draft lottery postponed from tomorrow to ''a later date''
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/16/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might have something to do with the 5 game semi-finals that could end in 3 games. Fill in the possible down time.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/16/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind them making it into a bigger production, but that kind of effort would be a surprise.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
MNfan22

PostPosted: 09/16/17 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
maybe one team is folding and they are scrambling for a new owner....

That would be a negative scenario. Also, given that pilight hinted expansion talks could be more advanced than previously thought, maybe the possibility of giving Expnsion Team X some ping pong balls is on the table for discussion.

Sadly first thought that came to my mind was contraction/re-location because some ownership wants out. Hope not.

Still not sure what the hurry is to do the lottery during the playoffs. Go back to doing it after the season, during league meetings when they got everybody there or better yet as a precursor to an early WCBB gm. Maybe try to keep your league somewhat relevant in the off season piggybacking on WCBB. Waiting shouldn't hurt scouting since teams "should" already have a list of who they want to look at anyway.

PostPosted: 09/16/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I wouldn't mind them making it into a bigger production, but that kind of effort would be a surprise.

It's a four team lottery system. Doesn't take long. I'm guessing and say they do this before game 1 of the finals on ABC.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/17/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

It's a four team lottery system. Doesn't take long. I'm guessing and say they do this before game 1 of the finals on ABC.

Or maybe San Antonio won the lottery again but the powers that be are denying them another #1 pick after this seasons disaster ! Re shuffle please Laughing

PostPosted: 09/17/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they have an expansion team who made a deal that they get into the lottery so they have to go out and buy some more ping pong balls.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/20/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump. Question

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/20/17 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious as to if this will be done during the finals now?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/22/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Curious as to if this will be done during the finals now?

Doubtful.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/22/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

still hoping for good news, not bad.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/27/17 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/27/17 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So 2 games of the Finals are done and still no announcement. Does make me a little worried something is up.

Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed

PostPosted: 09/27/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not always a bad thing , maybe expansion at worst maybe a team moving Embarassed

Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/27/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Yeah, that wouldn't concern me. I'd actually be happy if it was expansion. A little worried it might be contraction(Atlanta, Dallas?).

Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.

PostPosted: 09/27/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Pretty sure you'd see a team relocate before contraction.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 09/27/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think KD just gave away the fact that a team might be added to the east just now in her dallas wings live chat she said "she's looking forward to a team being added in the east" so I'm guessing when the wnba finals is over we'll have an expansion draft and announcement

PostPosted: 09/27/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
I think KD just gave away the fact that a team might be added to the east just now in her dallas wings live chat she said "she's looking forward to a team being added in the east" so I'm guessing when the wnba finals is over we'll have an expansion draft and announcement

Haha.... funny. Kaela Davis has all the front office info? I think you're probably taking the comment out of context, like maybe a South Carolina fan asked if she'd like a WNBA club out there.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 09/27/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:

Haha.... funny. Kaela Davis has all the front office info? I think you're probably taking the comment out of context, like maybe a South Carolina fan asked if she'd like a WNBA club out there.

nah i was watching it live and someone made a comment about having fav players on both teams and she went off into that at about the 12:10 mark
https://www.facebook.com/pg/dallaswingsbasketball/videos/?ref=page_internal

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
Shades wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:

nah i was watching it live and someone made a comment about having fav players on both teams and she went off into that at about the 12:10 mark

Hmm But where in the EAST ?? Hopefully not florida again , we saw how that experiment worked out . Maybe Back to Cleveland ? Or Possibly Philly ? Hmm im kind of with shades on this one i doubt Kaela Davis would have any type of G14 classified information about the WNBA ever ! Confused But after watching the video she seemed pretty confident using the word "The Potential For More Teams" In the WNBA . Shes excited for it , seems like she could possibly know something , maybe the expansion team wants a great pick and the lottery will need to be reshuffled for a fair chance at PP's. Still wanting to know where and how many players can be protected if indeed we see an expansion draft FINALLY !

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 09/27/17 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
Shades wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:

Hmm But where in the EAST ?? Hopefully not florida again , we saw how that experiment worked out . Maybe Back to Cleveland ? Or Possibly Philly ? Hmm im kind of with shades on this one i doubt Kaela Davis would have any type of G14 classified information about the WNBA ever ! Confused

Both Florida teams drew decently. They just had disinterested NBA owners.

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
Shades wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:

Hmm But where in the EAST ?? Hopefully not florida again , we saw how that experiment worked out . Maybe Back to Cleveland ? Or Possibly Philly ? Hmm im kind of with shades on this one i doubt Kaela Davis would have any type of G14 classified information about the WNBA ever ! Confused

Both Florida teams drew decently. They just had disinterested NBA owners.

Did they really ? I remember the Miami games with alot of empty seats with the exception of the playoffs. I wish they would bring back the Miracle first though , Cool Keesh & Katie Douglas along with Brooke & Mama Taj were fun to watch. Or maybe i just loved there court design !!

PostPosted: 09/27/17 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:

The exact wording was that she was "looking at more teams being potentially added." Nothing about timelines.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/27/17 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You'd figure it'd be this year if the lottery is affected. Philly or Boston, please. I'd love the opportunity to make an additional road trip.

PostPosted: 09/27/17 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

East coast, Philadelphia or Boston? Eastern Conference, Cleveland or even a team in Tennessee?

Catch24Rules

PostPosted: 09/28/17 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Hey hey keep my Wings out of this , We will be here in 2018 . More STH have signed up than any of the two previous seasons. Cambage returning should hopefully give us a little clout for a little more time to produce something great here in dallas. 2 Seasons and they give up seems a bit pre-mature.

I live 5 minutes from College Park Center and will be a Wings STH in 2018. Haven't been an STH in past seasons due to medical issues, but all is good now. I am looking forward to next season and am so stoked about Cambage's return.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: