RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rank Your Conference
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 09/22/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
The Big 12:

1. Texas
2. Baylor

3-9 (blahblahblah)

10. Texas Tech

Texas Tech can't be worse than Kansas can they?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/25/17 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WCC

I like St Mary's and what they return with 4 scorers averaging in double digits.

BYU returns Cassie Broadbead. They also add Jen Hamsons little sister who stands 6'7"

Gonzaga returns forward star Jill Barta but have to replace the pebounding of post Kiara Kudron and the all around game of Ellie Tinkle.

UK1996

PostPosted: 09/25/17 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEC
1. Mississippi State- They return all their major pieces from the final four run.
2.South Carolina- Aja Wilson, Tyasha Harris & Alexis Jennings make up deadly core.
GAP
This is where it gets tricky.
3. Tennessee- A lot of young talent. Should be a much better team come March, IF Warlick finally proves herself. I think they lost a couple poison pills.
4. A&M- Solid team with an excellent freshman coming in. Could be a dark horse if Patterson has an easy transition.
5. Kentucky- Solid players, but will anyone be able to take Epps role as the go to player. Hopefully Dorie Harrison has her sister's work ethic and heart.
6. Missouri- Sophie Cunningham will do her thing. Can they become more consistent?
GAP
7. Georgia- This is a team that could move up. We'll just have to wait and see.
8. LSU- Have their work cut out for them.
9. Vanderbilt- This could be a do or die year for White.
10.. Florida- Also, have their work cut out for them.
11.. Arkansas- How does Neighbors do with out a prolific scorer and walking triple double. We'll find out.
12. Alabama- Goodness
13.. Auburn- Geez
14. Ole Miss- Yikes

Last edited by UK1996 on 09/27/17 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/25/17 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
SEC
1. Mississippi State- They return all their major pieces from the final four run.
2.South Carolina- Aja Wilson, Tyasha Harris & Alexis Jennings make up deadly core.
GAP
3. Tennessee- A lot of young talent. Should be a much better team come March, IF Warlick finally proves herself. I think they lost a couple poison pills.
4. A&M- Solid team with an excellent freshman coming in. Could be a dark horse if Patterson has an easy transition.
5. Kentucky- Solid players, but will anyone be able to take Epps role as the go to player. Hopefully Dorie Harrison has her sister's work ethic and heart.
6. Missouri- Sophie Cunningham will do her thing. Can they become more consistent?
GAP
9. Florida- Also, have their work cut out for them.
10. Arkansas- How does Neighbors do with out a prolific scorer and walking triple double. We'll find out.
11. Auburn- Geez
12. Ole Miss- Yikes

How about Vandy and Bama?

Howee

PostPosted: 09/27/17 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Howee wrote:
The Big 12:

1. Texas
2. Baylor

3-9 (blahblahblah)

10. Texas Tech

Texas Tech can't be worse than Kansas can they?

Yeah, I do believe.....KS is actually on an uptick, while TT lost some primo talent to transfers. But....don't bet ANYTHING on my opinions. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/27/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
SEC
GAP
GAP
9. Florida- Also, have their work cut out for them.
10. Arkansas- How does Neighbors do with out a prolific scorer and walking triple double. We'll find out.
11. Auburn- Geez
12. Ole Miss- Yikes

This is what happens when I post before I've had my coffee. Edited

PostPosted: 09/27/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:

This is what happens when I post before I've had my coffee. Edited[/quote]

UK1996 wrote:
Vanderbilt- This could be a do or die year for White.
In her second season? That's cold!

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 09/28/17 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
WCC

I like St Mary's and what they return with 4 scorers averaging in double digits.

BYU returns Cassie Broadbead. They also add Jen Hamsons little sister who stands 6'7"

Gonzaga returns forward star Jill Barta but have to replace the pebounding of post Kiara Kudron and the all around game of Ellie Tinkle.

And don't sleep on LMU, who's bringing in some talent. Though it may take 'em a little while to gel, maybe.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/28/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
WCC

And don't sleep on LMU, who's bringing in some talent. Though it may take 'em a little while to gel, maybe.

Do they have a new coach? I remember a couple of years ago (maybe three) they had some talent but I couldn't stand the coaching.

And what's your take on the P12 this year?

- Amanda Gorman
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 09/29/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
WCC

Do they have a new coach? I remember a couple of years ago (maybe three) they had some talent but I couldn't stand the coaching.

And what's your take on the P12 this year?

Re: LMU… can't really speak to the coaching, but they *did* go .500 in WCC play last year, which they haven't done since 2008-09. Combine that with this year's talent infusion, I think there's legitimate cause for hope in Westchester.

Re: the P12… I'm just really, really bad at predicting stuff. Like, super-bad. So I tend to avoid doing it. My projections just wouldn't add any value to the conversation. I *am* looking forward to the season, though! Should be very fun to see what goes down! Good luck to your Card!

Last edited by patsweetpat on 09/29/17 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 09/29/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will say this, though, about the P12: predictions that Oregon's gonna run away with the conference strike me as premature. Yes, they're talented, for sure. And yes they've got an excellent coach. But Oregon is also very young. And with youth (even talented youth, coached well) comes inconsistency, it seems to me.

I could see Oregon beating any and every team in the conference, sure. But I could also see them having an unfocused, brain-farty night one night and losing to almost any team in the conference. They did, after all, lose to Colorado last season, by 10.

Oregon gets lots of credit for advancing to the Elite 8 last year before eventually losing to UConn (by 38 points). And they deserve the credit… it was a very good tournament showing! I'm not 100% sure, however, that it's significantly more impressive than UCLA losing to that same UConn team by 15 points a round earlier… much less Stanford getting to championship game. Yet Oregon sure appears to be the sexy pick.

All that said, watch, Oregon's gonna run the table in the P12 this season and I'm gonna end up looking like an a-hole for writing any of this because, again, my predictions are usually trash.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/30/17 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ACC

Duke might come out on top of the conference which tells you all you need to know about the ACC's chance of having a team at this year's FF.

Florida St
Louisville
Notre Dame
NC State
Miami
UNC
Georgia Tech
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Clemson
Boston College

~rAf
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 10/17/17 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Southeastern Conference:

1. South Carolina
2. Mississippi State
3. Missouri
4. Kentucky
5. Tennessee
6. Texas A&M
7. Georgia
8. LSU
9. Auburn
10. Florida
11. Ole Miss
12. Alabama
13. Vanderbilt
14. Arkansas

How the media sees it:

1. South Carolina
2. Mississippi State
3. Missouri
4. Tennessee
5. Texas A&M
6. Kentucky
7. Louisiana State
8. Georgia
9. Alabama
10. Auburn
11. Vanderbilt
12. Florida
13. Mississippi
14. Arkansas

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/gamecocks-picked-to-win-sec-title-a-ja-wilson-preseason-poy

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/17/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The SEC has a lot of story lines this year and will be interesting for sure. Can't even discuss the AAC as some of these coaches just make the conference stupid looking.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/18/17 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Head Coaches in West Coast Conference

1. Zags
2. St Mary's
3. ByU
4. San Diego
5. Loyola Marymount
6. Santa Clara
7. San Francisco
8. Pacific
9. Pepperdine
10. Portland

2017-18 All-WCC Preseason Women's Basketball Team

Jill Barta, Gonzaga
Stella Beck, Saint Mary's
Cassie Broadhead Devashrayee, BYU
Maya Hood, San Diego
GeAnna Luaulu-Summers, Pacific
Sydney Raggio, Saint Mary's
Yasmine Robinson-Bacote, Pepperdine
Anna Seilund, San Francisco
Laura Stockton, Gonzaga
Cheyanne Wallace, Loyola Marymount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: