Lynx
47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 51

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/24/17 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I have witnessed the birth of a superstar. C. Gray can flat out BALL! HOT DAMN!

As her biggest Rebell fan would tell you, she's gonna become the league's premeir point guard.

Well, yes she will! I know greatness when I see it. So very thrilled she recovered from those college injuries to shine brightest in the WNBA! LA Sparks Rockin' It. #BirthOfASuperstar

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/24/17 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I’m sure RAF is smiling right now

You betcha!!!! Very Happy

~rAf
Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/17 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sammy Prahalis' ex (no, not jet) was watching and promoting the game today.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/25/17 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tbh that was pretty good defense from Augustus (even Maya jumped in to help and left Beard wide open in the corner, we all know how that ended last season). Sometimes its just better offense. Gray was a beast in this game.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 09/25/17 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montgomery looked like a deer in headlights.She did a terrible job of running the offense,setting up her teammates,and taking quality shots.Monty's defense was equally as bad......Brunson also showed a lack of confidence in game 1

jap

PostPosted: 09/25/17 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Wow. Wowowow.
Just got done watching that one, and thank goodness I avoided spoilers because that was all over the place! Talk about a game that has a bit of everything. Great way to open the finals.

What does the league have against Candace Parker btw? She got screwed over big time from start to finish. Home court advantage is one thing, but damn...

refs have major attitudes too...If I were Agler, I'd tell her to stay out of the officials faces the rest of the series... They certainly screwed her on a couple of calls...and did their best to get her off the floor.

Candace has brought a lot of this on herself over the years. As I indicated a few times before I used to get disgusted early on with her histrionics over having (usually wrong) fouls called against her. I even disputed somewhat with the former poster who I considered Candace's biggest fan over this. It is not that Candace was usually wrong: she was/is often right! However, refs are humans too, and they get irritated whenever someone repeatedly talks down to them over their calls, good or bad.

Kobe Bryant was the same way---much as I loved his game, he needed to pick his spots when he chose to rip into a ref, or they retaliated.

If one hardly complains heatedly, then the refs are more willing to be accommodating when they make egregious bad calls. But constantly letting the refs have it is like challenging their manhood/womanhood, and it raises their ire.

However, that's Candace and Kobe! They wear their heart on their sleeve out on the court more than anyone this side of Taurasi. and they pay (paid) for it at times.

Last edited by jap on 09/25/17 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/25/17 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Brunson also showed a lack of confidence in game 1

I guess sitting on the bench doesn't do much for the confidence.

Quote:
Lynx tried to get Rebekkah Brunson going early from the perimeter, hoping to draw Parker from Fowles.

The Lynx were so intimidated by the defense of Parker that Brunson shooting from the perimeter was part of the game plan. Probably not the greatest game plan but not executing the game plan got Brunson bench time.

But man, Lobo was going on and on about Minnesota's small lineup and expecting to see a lot more of it in the series. She was even on twitter claiming Minnesota used the small lineup most of the time in the Finals last year. I can't remember that being the case. I mean, last year in Game 4 Brunson played a total of 17 min mostly because of foul trouble, but I wouldn't call that making heavy use of the small lineup. The only time I remember the Lynx making concerted use of the small lineup was back in early 2014 when Brunson was out half the season with an injury.

I'd hate for Lobo to get inside Reeve's head. She should stick guessing the results of reviews, something she seem clams to be very good at.

Last edited by Shades on 09/25/17 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/25/17 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
What a great game! It's just like Clay says: the Sparks wanted it more, and the Lynx just lack that killer instinct. Very well said, Clay.

Sometimes I get things right ... thanks, Pat.

Thoughts:

*Princess wars: Maya got the benefit yesterday, but look for Candace to bounce back. Both are great players, both take advantage of their reputations and skills, and both get superstar calls (as they should).

*Brunson vs. Perkins: Rebekkah, a wonderful player who's had a great career, was -22 in 16 minutes, which is pretty impressive in a way. As always, the key for her is making outside shots, which she didn't do -- when she doesn't, Parker doesn't guard her and doubles down on Fowles. With Perkins in, the matchups shift and CP has to guard Fowles, which doesn't work well. (Of course, no one can guard Fowles, really ...)

Perkins, though, is a defensive issue for Minnesota, as they can't hide both her and Whalen.

*That said, L.A. could not take advantage of Whalen down the stretch. I kept waiting for a pick-and-roll with Whalen guarding Sims, but it never happened, and Lindsay did a good job of staying in front of her. Of course it helps that Sims has never developed a right hand (I remember making that comment after seeing her in high school).

*Chelsea Gray is a NorCal girl, grew up in Stockton, which has produced a ton of elite talent in the past decade or so. One of the top 2018s is Aquira DeCosta, who also is from St. Mary's High School.

Can't really blame Augustus on that play, as Gray is younger and quicker, and the penetration to Gray's left has to be respected -- and then the step-back (a very tough shot) is open.

*But don't forget Nneka's weird looking hook shot the previous trip. LA made two tough shots when they had to be made (not counting Carson's bricks -- clearly she didn't want it enough), steals the win and how has homecourt advantage (if they're not playing at Galen or the Pyramid).

PostPosted: 09/25/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Idk, Maya was loose at the 4. The mistake was taking outside shots when they should have been going at Parker and Nneka's midriff to get calls or have them back off. Lynx did not take advantage of that. Plus Whalen and I hate to say it, couldn't compete.

One point Clay that I read earlier was that the Lynx should have known that would be the shot from Gray. She does the same thing and she was the hot hand.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/25/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
What a great game! It's just like Clay says: the Sparks wanted it more, and the Lynx just lack that killer instinct. Very well said, Clay.

I thought he was being sarcastic. Weren't you saying there's no such thing as "wanting it more"?

ClayK wrote:

"Wanting it more," among other brainless statements, will not be a factor.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/25/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

I thought he was being sarcastic. Weren't you saying there's no such thing as "wanting it more"?

ClayK wrote:

"Wanting it more," among other brainless statements, will not be a factor.

Pat was being sarcastic -- and so was I. Always hard to convey on the Web.

Gray was going to take the shot, that's for sure, but abandoning another Spark to double-team too quickly would have given a good shooter a wide open look. Gray wants to make the play, but if Moore, say, had doubled her at the top of the key, Gray very likely would have given the ball up.

PostPosted: 09/25/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Man, people who are shading Whalen's defense didn't watch the last series. Missed when she stuffed Cloud? Missed that outlet pass she hawked? These were at key points too.

Giving up 27pts on D ....Not to shabby

PostPosted: 09/25/17 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="ClayK"][quote="Shades"][quote="ClayK"][quote="patsweetpat"]What a great game! It's just like Clay says: the Sparks wanted it more, and the Lynx just lack that killer instinct. Very well said, Clay.[/quote]

Sometimes I get things right ... thanks, Pat.[/quote]

[quote="ClayK"]
"Wanting it more," among other brainless statements, will not be a factor.[/quote][/quote]

Pat was being sarcastic -- and so was I. Always hard to convey on the Web.

Gray was going to take the shot, that's for sure, but abandoning another Spark to double-team too quickly would have given a good shooter a wide open look. Gray wants to make the play, but if Moore, say, had doubled her at the top of the key, Gray very likely would have given the ball up.[/quote]

Highly unlikely with 2 secs on the clock.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/25/17 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, as I was watching I was laughing when they let Gray get the ball from the inbounds. That was not smart on the Lynx.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/25/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
whalen likes staring people down after a good play... she gets a pass for being a punk ass.

I was thinking the same thing. Like she can fight or something. Look up girl. Y'all down 20. Lol.

Yeah she was talking crap about monique currie thinking that shes all hot stuff but whalen does the same. Her ego has seem to take off these last few seasons , she was a non factor in yesterdays game in my opinion and got used and abused by gray !

PostPosted: 09/25/17 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Maya Moore is a big baby. So tired 😴f hearing about CP naysayers. Gonna spearhead the Anti-Maya campaign, which is hard to do because I like her, but seriously, she should have fouled out of that game. 2 obvious fouls l, one passing the ball and running right to Parker and delivering a offensive line block and 2 on the rebound to Parker when she came out of bounds to tackle Parker. Ridiculous superstar calls need to go both ways if you can't call the obvie shit. Also, the refs change a call against her on a Parker drive to give it to Seimone, cuz God forbid her majesty get 3 fouls in the first half. And the whining, maybe cuz she never gets called for a foul, when they do blow the whistle she's jawing for the next 3 plays. People also c/o that Parker takes plays off, Maya is a bit of a loose cannon too. Lots of gambling. Tired of hearing about Parker with her no-show this and that when she really is amazing to watch. Amazing even when she's whistled for utter bullshit and playing with 4 fouls, as compared to the 2d best player on the Lynx running afoul of normal basketball standards and not even the refs can call her on it.

This _______X for some reason its like Maya feels entitled . She sarcastically questions the refs decisions. Last night a foul got called on her and she ran to ther other 2 refs and said to them "Help Her Out " like make her change the call. This was also done in the Styx series and worked but last night no . I do know for sure maya had at least 7 fouls last night. 1 got switched to Mone in a weird situation and that last foul that didnt get called when she Merked Parker in the final seconds smh. Idk about maya anymore

PostPosted: 09/25/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Man, people who are shading Whalen's defense didn't watch the last series. Missed when she stuffed Cloud? Missed that outlet pass she hawked? These were at key points too.

I guess Whalen is responsible for all of Gray's 27 pts on 10-16 shooting, no matter who was guarding her.

Who was responsible for Maya's 27 pts on 10-16 shooting? Must have been a terrible defender.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/25/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good point. Most of grays points were in the second half right? Wasn't Whalen on the bench, I can't remember, i am still giddy.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Good point. Most of grays points were in the second half right? Wasn't Whalen on the bench, I can't remember, i am still giddy.
I don't think Gray has a 27 point game again...I think the lynx make adjustments

PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I guess Whalen is responsible for all of Gray's 27 pts on 10-16 shooting, no matter who was guarding her.

Who was responsible for Maya's 27 pts on 10-16 shooting? Must have been a terrible defender.

probably was , dont care about anyone else at the moment. Ive been very displeased with whalen's attitude this season . She thinks she's hot shit now all of a sudden . I was a Big time fan of whay since her days as a golpher , but this year she's gotten too cocky . Stare downs & ish talk as if she wants trouble smh

PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to further off set the Whalen smear campaign....
It's a good thing for Sparks that Gray was able to hit that tough fade-away shot consistently. Other parts of her game weren't as good. She had 6 ast to 5 TO and a +/- of -1

Quote:
After the game, though, Gray talked about her mistakes, an indication of how mature she has become even so young.

"I tried to stay poised, but I had too many turnovers," said Gray, who had five giveaways to six assists. "I've gotta be smart about that going into Game 2."

Whalen is not a part of the three-headed monster so she doesn't need to take 16 shots. She had 6 ast to 2 TO and a +/- of +3

Last edited by Shades on 09/25/17 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/25/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Just to further off set the Whalen smear campaign....
It's a good thing for Sparks that Gray was able to hit that tough fade-away shot consistently. Other parts of her game weren't as good. She had 6 ast to 5 TO and a +/- of -1

Whalen is not a part of the three-headed monster so she doesn't need to take 16 shots. She had 6 ast to 2 TO and a +/- of +3

Whalen has really played well since coming back, I think. She was never a demon defender, and she's older and slower now, but she's really smart and plays hard all the time.

On offense, she's crucial for the Lynx, because she can get the ball where it needs to go, but she'll take and make big shots. Renee Montgomery was pretty much invisible offensively in game one so Whalen's ability to stay in front of Sims down the stretch was vital for the comeback.

It's odd, though, that her emotions are so much more on her sleeve now. Usually, the older the player, the more calm she is ...

PostPosted: 09/25/17 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Emotions on the sleeve is a problem? How old is Parker, 2?

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/25/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Emotions on the sleeve is a problem? How old is Parker, 2?

apparently about the same age as Maya. Very Happy

Whalen is one tough cookie. She has some of the 'die bitches' like Birdy...but she is more obnoxious about it. Her best offensive move is to bulldoze into somebody in the lane and go to the line. Personally bulldozers get on my nerves. But objectively I would also say she is toward the end of her career. She has never been fast but has made up for it with smarts, but she has noticeably slowed down even more. That's not to say she can't still have some awesome performances but I think they won't come as often or easily as it used to. And much of it will depend on how the refs call any particular game. JMO

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/25/17 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone else catch the foul with 8:05 in The 3rd Qtr? Maya Ref #4 Moore tried to flop got called for the foul and then the refs switched the call to augustus after maya complained and Mone was NOWHERE near the play smh 1-0

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: