52%
 52%  [ 27 ]
Lynx
47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 51

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/24/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was the problem Laughing First half Perkins did well crowding her going left for the fade away Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/24/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
the WNBA should reduce to these two teams.

it IS of course awesome in the moment...but you can see that age will in fact catch up with the Lynx unless they get more and younger Big Syl's demanding a trade.

- Amanda Gorman
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/24/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carson should give Gray a HUGE hug.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/24/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

If they do that, how is Skylar suppose to make enough money for all that make-up she wears?

Skylar: "Reduce to those two teams! Hell no!!! I need my face paint green!!!!"

What?

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/24/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question: Does anyone know what happened to LaChina? We saw her in the beginning and she disappeared Confused

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/24/17 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How are the Lynx and Sparks going to top this game?

tfan

PostPosted: 09/24/17 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pokey Chatman talks about game 1.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5E5HYfn4UuM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by tfan on 09/24/17 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

If they do that, how is Skylar suppose to make enough money for all that make-up she wears?

#HateHard approved!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By playing the next one Razz

tfan

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
jap wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

#HateHard approved!

That one deserves a special award. Diggins-Smith was nowhere in the conversation.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Question: Does anyone know what happened to LaChina? We saw her in the beginning and she disappeared Confused

yeah, I was wondering that as well.

- Amanda Gorman
wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not even gonna lie i think maya streak of winning a ship every other yr ends this year LA is playing on a different level..

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jia Perkins was +25 in 28 minutes. Next highest Lynx was Nasha Howard at +5 in 3 minutes. Only starter with a positive +/- was Whalen at +3 in 23 minutes.Parker was actually -1 in 33 minutes. Ogwumike was +15 in 29 minutes and Beard +10 in 34 minutes.

Game 1 Box Score

jap

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
jap wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

#HateHard approved!

There is no hate directed towards Skylar here---that's just me joking around as usual.

I have been a serious amateur photographer for more than 30 years, and it is easy to see that Skylar tends to apply too much make-up at times. Not on game days but for off court screenings. Professional models, usually with the assistance of professional make-up artists, know how to tone down the cosmetics so it looks just right in a still photo or on television. Skylar probably doesn't realize that the still/movie camera tends to exaggerate the cosmetics so it tends to look overdone. With all the attention she gets, i am surprised no one has brought that to her attention as yet.

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched Gray when she was at Duke. She was good. But she was not superstar great. The one amazing attribute she had back then was those extraordinary passes she would make to her teammates. She would have averaged more assists per game if her teammates could catch her passes or make the baskets she set up for them. She is a budding superstar.

PostPosted: 09/24/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a great game! It's just like Clay says: the Sparks wanted it more, and the Lynx just lack that killer instinct. Very well said, Clay.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/24/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray might be the MVP if the Sparks win. Whalen can't guard her. Damn good game. Hope the whole series is like this.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/24/17 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m sure RAF is smiling right now

toad455

PostPosted: 09/24/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still don't like how Agler only uses 7 players. All starters except for Ogwumike played 33 minutes or more. They might be gassed on Tuesday.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myt

PostPosted: 09/24/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
gray...omg...what a cold blooded STAR!

X ___________

I was not happy the Sparks gave up their lead (credit to the Lynx) but SO happy Gray hit that shot! Cool

Congrats to the Sparks!

PostPosted: 09/24/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore is a big baby. So tired 😴f hearing about CP naysayers. Gonna spearhead the Anti-Maya campaign, which is hard to do because I like her, but seriously, she should have fouled out of that game. 2 obvious fouls l, one passing the ball and running right to Parker and delivering a offensive line block and 2 on the rebound to Parker when she came out of bounds to tackle Parker. Ridiculous superstar calls need to go both ways if you can't call the obvie shit. Also, the refs change a call against her on a Parker drive to give it to Seimone, cuz God forbid her majesty get 3 fouls in the first half. And the whining, maybe cuz she never gets called for a foul, when they do blow the whistle she's jawing for the next 3 plays. People also c/o that Parker takes plays off, Maya is a bit of a loose cannon too. Lots of gambling. Tired of hearing about Parker with her no-show this and that when she really is amazing to watch. Amazing even when she's whistled for utter bullshit and playing with 4 fouls, as compared to the 2d best player on the Lynx running afoul of normal basketball standards and not even the refs can call her on it.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/24/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Wowowow.
Just got done watching that one, and thank goodness I avoided spoilers because that was all over the place! Talk about a game that has a bit of everything. Great way to open the finals.

What does the league have against Candace Parker btw? She got screwed over big time from start to finish. Home court advantage is one thing, but damn...

PostPosted: 09/24/17 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An artistic playoff rivalry. Pointillism.
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/24/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Wow. Wowowow.
Just got done watching that one, and thank goodness I avoided spoilers because that was all over the place! Talk about a game that has a bit of everything. Great way to open the finals.

What does the league have against Candace Parker btw? She got screwed over big time from start to finish. Home court advantage is one thing, but damn...

refs have major attitudes too...If I were Agler, I'd tell her to stay out of the officials faces the rest of the series... They certainly screwed her on a couple of calls...and did their best to get her off the floor.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/24/17 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly I don't know how we made that a game. Getting down that big was awful. LA came out on fire and just dominated that first quarter. I was actually nervous we would potentially only score 2 points there for a long time.

The good news was we got Parker, Nneka, and Beard into early foul trouble. The bad news was that I knew we wouldn't get them to be called for many fouls in the second half - granted they did avoid most the dumb mistakes type fouls.

Jia came in and played fantastic. Hopefully she can carry that over to Tuesday. We need Brunson, Howard, or Plenette to be able to be on the floor. Tonight we were able to go small and it worked, but hopefully one of those three can be effective.

My little respect that I have for Sims got smaller tonight after watching her trying to punk Renee. Those two were going at it and I thought for sure it was going to escalate later in the game. But the main reason was watching her bitch at one of the ball kids.

Another random thought, but am I the only one who finds it weird that Borders hugs the players when they are warming up on the court and then also goes into their locker rooms after the game? I doubt any of the other league presidents do this type of thing, but I could be wrong. Maybe Adam Silver does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: