RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/17 5:17 pm    ::: Indiana Fever 2018 Reply Reply with quote

I figured the Fever gets talked about in other threads because they didn't have a thread of their own.

January/Wheeler
SJohnson/TMitchell/Gwathmey
Coleman/Pohlen
Dupree/McCall
Achonwa/Larkins

Bubbles
Hamson
Simms

The Fever have these 13 players currently on the roster.
Might Maggie Lucas return to the Fever?
How about Dev Peters? She expressed displeasure with the Fever on her release negotiations, but when doesn't she express displeasure with unpleasant things?

If they get the #1 pick, Wilson would be a good choice.
If they get the #2-#4 pick, there's a lot of ways they could go depending on who stays or goes.

Might PHX be interested in January? Bring her closer to her next job.
People talk about trading Johnson, who is arguably one of their better players.
If trading Johnson gets them Bonner, maybe I could see it. Otherwise, probably not.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/21/17 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
UK1996

PostPosted: 09/21/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I personally believe the Fever should send Dupree somewhere else for a draft pick. If a young player comes up, send Pohlen packing. Gwathmey improved, from her rookie year. As long as Pokey is coach she and Mitchell are in a good position to be developed into good players. Pokey has a strong history of developing guards. (Vandersloot, Quigley, Faulkner) If January is a free agent let her go. The Fever have put off rebuilding long enough. They do not need Bonner or Dupree, they need young players that can be developed. The Fever need either Kelsey Mitchell or Aja Wilson to build around. To me those are the closest players to a sure fire star in the draft. I think the Fever should make it a priority to get another pick in each of the next two drafts.

PostPosted: 09/21/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless a trade happens(Bonner), the Fever will add in their lottery pick and the #15 overall pick.

PG: January/Wheeler
PG: SJohnson/TMitchell/Gwathmey
SF: Coleman/lottery pick(unless it's Wilson)
Dupree/McCall/#15 pick
Achonwa/Larkins

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
miller40

PostPosted: 09/21/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Word around Indianapolis is January is likely done. I'd like to see Indiana drop Coleman and Pohlen, maybe even Larkins if she can't get healthy (she's been playing injured multiple seasons in a row now).

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/21/17 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This team was bad. No player should be untouchable. I'd like to keep Johnson, but for the right offer, she could go.

They shouldn't give up anything big to get Bonner. If she wants to force her way onto the team, offer Phoenix peanuts. If that doesn't work and Dupree is unhappy about it, put Dupree on the market and see what you can get. They would both be nice pieces to have, but they aren't what we should be building with.

As for the draft, I am hoping for Mitchell. The Fever need a dynamic offensive player, and she is as good as it gets in that respect. At least make the team fun while they lose games for another year or two and collect more assets.

With big salaries like Larkins and Coleman looking completely cut-able, maybe they will have money to throw around in free agency. Would it be worth it to rent a Currie or a Langhorne for a year or two? Maybe LA won't be able to keep Lavender (is that the class that becomes UFAs?)

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I was Indy I would develop the youth

trade Dupree to PX for #8

If I don't win the lottery draft K. Mitchell with my lottery pick, draft Billings at #8 and Vivians at #15. Move on from my older free agents and give the young guns a lot of minutes

K. Mitchell/Wheeler
T. Mitchell/Gwathmey/Lucas
S. Johnson/Vivians
M. Billings/McCall/waiver wire or free agent
Achonwa/Hanson

Be exciting and fun to watch but not try to end up in the playoffs so I get a lottery pick in 2019 where I draft my future center between Anigwe, K. Brown, B. Turner or T McGowan if she doesn't declare in 18. Build the team arounf K. Mitchell and future center pick in 19. One of or more of T. Mitchell, Billings, Hanson or Vivians will develop into a good role players to compliment the young stars. Start K. Mitchell from day 1, bring Wheeler off the bench for instant offense and to keep things exciting when K. Mitchell is on the bench.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/22/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dupree is not going back to Phoenix. Let's just end that speculation, okay?

Maybe in a few years it would be possible.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Could it be that Dupree would take the summer of 2018 off and live in Phoenix while Bonner played there? Or is Dupree against the city as well as the team?

If the latter, then Bonner is likely on the move, as I can't see raising infant twins alone while traveling and playing with a WNBA team. And I would think Bonner would need the money after a year off ...

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Could it be that Dupree would take the summer of 2018 off and live in Phoenix while Bonner played there? Or is Dupree against the city as well as the team?

If the latter, then Bonner is likely on the move, as I can't see raising infant twins alone while traveling and playing with a WNBA team. And I would think Bonner would need the money after a year off ...

Dupree has said she only sees herself playing a couple more seasons and she told the Indy Star she's finished playing abroad, so if she takes 2018 off she might as well retire now.

About ClayK's suggestion of one of them sitting out. In an Indy Star article it said Bonner is going to try to land on an overseas team later this WNBA off season. If it came to it and they couldn't work out being in the same WNBA city, it could be Bonner plays in the winter and Dupree plays in the summer.

miller40

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the contract status is with Maggie Lucas? Do the Fever still have her rights or did the team let her go?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In that case still draft K. Mitchell unless you get the #1 pick

If Pokey liked T. Young this could be a landing spot for her, (this could also be a landing spot for Currie or Christmas).

K. Mitchell/E. Wheeler
S. Johnson/T. Young
Dupree/McCall/2nd round pick
Achonwa/Hanson

use your 2nd round pick on a post

And still aim for a lottery pick in 19 for one of those centers B. Turner or Anigwe would be a good fit.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Dupree has said she only sees herself playing a couple more seasons and she told the Indy Star she's finished playing abroad, so if she takes 2018 off she might as well retire now.

About ClayK's suggestion of one of them sitting out. In an Indy Star article it said Bonner is going to try to land on an overseas team later this WNBA off season. If it came to it and they couldn't work out being in the same WNBA city, it could be Bonner plays in the winter and Dupree plays in the summer.

I read that they both plan on being in the WNBA, and Dupree has their agent working on them being on the same team.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Does anyone know what the contract status is with Maggie Lucas? Do the Fever still have her rights or did the team let her go?

She was cut, not suspended. No rights.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

If Pokey liked T. Young this could be a landing spot for her, (this could also be a landing spot for Currie or Christmas).

K. Mitchell/E. Wheeler
S. Johnson/T. Young
Achonwa/Hamson

And still aim for a lottery pick in 19 for one of those centers B. Turner or Anigwe would be a good fit.

TYoung to Indy sounds plausible, but I think she went to ATL for a reason, and if she's not retiring, I think she might play for ATL cheaper than other clubs.

KMitch is gonna be good, but the WNBA is a transition (just ask Plum, Diggins, Sloot), so with Wheeler there, starting KMitch is a little ambitious.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

K. Mitchell/E. Wheeler
S. Johnson/T. Young
Achonwa/Hamson

TYoung to Indy sounds plausible, but I think she went to ATL for a reason, and if she's not retiring, I think she might play for ATL cheaper than other clubs.

KMitch is gonna be good, but the WNBA is a transition (just ask Plum, Diggins, Sloot), so with Wheeler there, starting KMitch is a little ambitious.

Those Love and Hip Hop relationships aren't always long lasting.

If I have the dual purpose of getting K. Mitchell the most on the job training and I'm not too concerned with winning than why not start her from day 1?

On the other hand if I want to make the playoffs I probably try to bring in a little more experience with Free agents or keep the vets I have, and see if I can get PX to do the Bonner trade. Coleman and #15 or something like that.

Wheeler/K. Mitchell
S. Johnson/T. Mitchell
Bonner/T. Young (or Christmas)/Gwathmey
Dupree/McCall
Larkins/Achnwa/Hanson

Something like that is most likely a playoff team.

sigur3

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

K. Mitchell/E. Wheeler
S. Johnson/T. Young
Achonwa/Hamson

She went to ATL because she was traded

miller40

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:

She was cut, not suspended. No rights.

Thanks, I couldn't remember what exactly happened with her.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 10/01/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:

You can find her on Instagram where she puts out videos where she pretends she's working on her game, but really just wants to show off her abs Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/28/17 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chatman Becomes Fever GM, Krauskopf to Run Esports Franchise

http://fever.wnba.com/news/chatman-becomes-fever-gm-krauskopf-to-run-esports-franchise/

Quote:
Due to increased responsibilities leading Pacers Sports & Entertainment’s new entry into the NBA2K League, Kelly Krauskopf, president and general manager of the Indiana Fever, will relinquish her GM role to Fever head coach Pokey Chatman.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/28/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

http://fever.wnba.com/news/chatman-becomes-fever-gm-krauskopf-to-run-esports-franchise/

Quote:
Due to increased responsibilities leading Pacers Sports & Entertainment’s new entry into the NBA2K League, Kelly Krauskopf, president and general manager of the Indiana Fever, will relinquish her GM role to Fever head coach Pokey Chatman.

What?

Is this seriously a thing?

sigur3

PostPosted: 11/28/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah that reads an awful lot like the ol' "wants to spend more time with her family"

In any case, it's hard not to see them picking Mitchell at #2 now.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/28/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Quote:

What?

I did a double-take at that too. For a minute I thought the D-League had changed sponsors again.

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/28/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Quote:

What?

Yep. It's the NBA's effort to get in on the developing esports thing, which is becoming very popular and making a lot of money. Over half the teams in the NBA are entering teams in the 2K league, starting next year.

Not a great look for the WNBA though. One of the longest-tenured and most respected GMs in the league is stepping down to concentrate on putting together a bunch of videogamers to play virtual basketball.

PostPosted: 11/28/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think it's that earth-shattering. Chatman has plenty of GM experience, and Krauskopf remains the president of the Fever.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/28/17 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Quote:

What?

Yep. It's the NBA's effort to get in on the developing esports thing, which is becoming very popular and making a lot of money. Over half the teams in the NBA are entering teams in the 2K league, starting next year.

Not a great look for the WNBA though. One of the longest-tenured and most respected GMs in the league is stepping down to concentrate on putting together a bunch of videogamers to play virtual basketball.

I am trying to wrap my head around this: It makes money? Do people pay to watch people play video games?

My mind is blown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: