52%
 52%  [ 27 ]
Lynx
47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 51

Randy

PostPosted: 09/18/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would it really be the same franchise anyway, considering that it would not be the same owners and there was a long period when the team was disbanded. Just because it is in the same city or has the same name doesn't make it the same franchise.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/18/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Would it really be the same franchise anyway, considering that it would not be the same owners and there was a long period when the team was disbanded. Just because it is in the same city or has the same name doesn't make it the same franchise.

Yes it can. I don't know about other teams, but I believe the NFL's Cleveland Browns are considered the same franchise as the pre-1996 Cleveland Browns.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/18/17 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Lynx fans need to savor every second of the 2017 finals. This will be the last one the Lynx will be participating in for a while.
haha you got jokes...the lynx will be in a lot of finals

All great things come to an end one day. The Roman empire, the British empire, the Oakland Raiders, etc. Study history and know that everything has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

PostPosted: 09/19/17 3:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yes it can. I don't know about other teams, but I believe the NFL's Cleveland Browns are considered the same franchise as the pre-1996 Cleveland Browns.

NHL's Ottawa Senators have banners from 110 years ago even though the team was created in 1992 Very Happy

MNfan22

PostPosted: 09/19/17 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Lynx fans need to savor every second of the 2017 finals. This will be the last one the Lynx will be participating in for a while.

On repeat. Heard it before. Laughing
Like last year regardless of the outcome, its about the journey. Us old timers remember the lean years when the Lynx were the perpetual young team with the revolving door of players and coaches. I savored every second of the Katie Smith era never knowing when that would end and I've savored all the moments of the Seimone Augustus era because in the worst of times they were the prime reasons (along w/a few other along the way) for Lynx fans to have hope.

Now 8yrs into this journey with Seimone, Reeve, Shelly Patterson, Brunson & Whalen and a host of others along the way, 7 straight yrs the WNBA Championship has had to go through Minnesota. 3 times we've come away w/the big prize and the rides not over, now with chance for #4 ... I ain't mad Very Happy .... other then having playoff tkts hit my credit card in Nov. Mad
The bus maybe slowing down but it ain't ready for the tow truck yet. Win or lose I expect the Core4 back and to be in the mix yet again for another journey.

This is such a pick 'em series to me. Unless there are multiple overtime games, all the talk of trying to run the "old people" into the ground is over hype. At this point both teams will try to impose their will and game on the other. Besides needing a little luck, the team that executes and plays strong defense should win it all. Biggest game for me, is Game 1, whoever wins it has a edge to win the series IMO. Sooooo I'm runnin with my senior citizens Mr. Green

PostPosted: 09/20/17 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awful tip-off time, speaking as a sports fan. Starting the game just as the early NFL games are coming to a climax seems blithely unhelpful. Maybe in these days of constant channel hopping and multi-channel viewing it doesn't make much difference, but surely starting at 4pm ET or even 4.30 would've been much more sensible. Another case of the WNBA being shoved into a slot without any concern about whether it's a good one or not.

PostPosted: 09/20/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sunday... are you here yet?

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 09/20/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:

X__________________

It seems like forever! And LA's first home game (game 3) is not until Friday! Sigh
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/20/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
kojthiabkuv wrote:

X__________________

It seems like forever! And LA's first home game (game 3) is not until Friday! Sigh

Can't make it Friday, but just got my tickets for game 4. Can't wait to be loud!!! #GoSparks Twisted Evil

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 09/20/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
kojthiabkuv wrote:

X__________________

I feel for you guys. SUNDAY is taking FOREVER.. can't imagine how LA fans feel! We'll try to send them over with 2 losses Laughing

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 09/20/17 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Home team, massey has the Lynx a smidge above the Sparks, and no one has 2-peated in forevs.

BUT

Actually the Refs are gonna win ... you know it, everyone knows it.
Wink

pilight

PostPosted: 09/20/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:

Historically, that favors the Sparks

PostPosted: 09/20/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xTqighdQ6sQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/20/17 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:

Well if it favors them 1 year, not sure why it wouldn’t favor them again.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/20/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This loooong, intolerable, inexcusable, wait helps Minne, imo.

PostPosted: 09/21/17 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why it took so long, but there's going to be extra emphasis on the Lynx winning Game 1. The Lynx have been in 5 Finals and have lost 3 Game 1's. They've never lost a Finals series where they have won Game 1, but they have lost 2 Finals series where they have lost Game 1.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/21/17 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the semifinal LA pulled BG outside by having whoever she was guarding play on the perimeter which allowed LA guards wings post players to drive to the rim without worrying about a shot blocker.When CP hit the clutch layup BG was guarding Nneka just inside the 3 point line giving her a open lane after beating Little off the dribble. I dont see any reason why Brian might not try the same thing on Fowles to get his players the same great looks driving to the rim. Whalen will probably be guarding AB on defense, Maya will be on Gray and Mone will guarding Sims. Im interesting in seeing these matchups.

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/21/17 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:

"Where are you Sunday" sung to the tune of "Where are you Christmas".

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/22/17 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh yeah...almost forgot there's a Finals to play.

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:

Kind of like Boxing in Las Vegas?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/22/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
In the semifinal LA pulled BG outside by having whoever she was guarding play on the perimeter which allowed LA guards wings post players to drive to the rim without worrying about a shot blocker.When CP hit the clutch layup BG was guarding Nneka just inside the 3 point line giving her a open lane after beating Little off the dribble. I dont see any reason why Brian might not try the same thing on Fowles to get his players the same great looks driving to the rim.

They'll certainly try it - it's an obvious thing to do when you've got Nneka/Parker vs Fowles/Brunson - but Minnesota play much better team defense than Phoenix. It's unlikely to be quite as efective.

Libra_Girl wrote:
Whalen will probably be guarding AB on defense, Maya will be on Gray and Mone will guarding Sims. Im interesting in seeing these matchups.

That's actually pretty unlikely. Minnesota very rarely mix up their matchups. The 1 takes the 1, the 2 the 2, and so on. So Whalen on either Sims or Gray (you could argue either is the PG these days, and Sims will be on Whalen at the other end); Augustus likely on the other of those two; and Moore on Beard (and playing plenty of free safety drifting off her). Obviously both sides will adapt as necessary, but I think that's how it'll start.

PostPosted: 09/22/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
In the semifinal LA pulled BG outside by having whoever she was guarding play on the perimeter which allowed LA guards wings post players to drive to the rim without worrying about a shot blocker.When CP hit the clutch layup BG was guarding Nneka just inside the 3 point line giving her a open lane after beating Little off the dribble. I dont see any reason why Brian might not try the same thing on Fowles to get his players the same great looks driving to the rim.

They'll certainly try it - it's an obvious thing to do when you've got Nneka/Parker vs Fowles/Brunson - but Minnesota play much better team defense than Phoenix. It's unlikely to be quite as efective.

Libra_Girl wrote:
Whalen will probably be guarding AB on defense, Maya will be on Gray and Mone will guarding Sims. Im interesting in seeing these matchups.

That's actually pretty unlikely. Minnesota very rarely mix up their matchups. The 1 takes the 1, the 2 the 2, and so on. So Whalen on either Sims or Gray (you could argue either is the PG these days, and Sims will be on Whalen at the other end); Augustus likely on the other of those two; and Moore on Beard (and playing plenty of free safety drifting off her). Obviously both sides will adapt as necessary, but I think that's how it'll start.

Based upon the matchups this season, I agree that they will hide Whalen on Beard, Augustus on Sims, and Moore on Gray. It seems Reeve liked putting more size on Gray in an attempt to disrupt her vision a bit. She probably remembers Gray taking Whalen down in the post last finals.

In any event, I can't wait for Sunday already. Finally we are less than 48 hours away!
Shades

PostPosted: 09/22/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, people who are shading Whalen's defense didn't watch the last series. Missed when she stuffed Cloud? Missed that outlet pass she hawked? These were at key points too.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95

PostPosted: 09/22/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whalen played some good defense this last series against Toliver.

PostPosted: 09/22/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Man, people who are shading Whalen's defense didn't watch the last series. Missed when she stuffed Cloud? Missed that outlet pass she hawked? These were at key points too.

Whalen's terrible defense on Gray in last years game 5 is the reason the sparks stayed in the damn game and we know how that ended.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: