48%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 27

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/17/17 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

London2toronto wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
London2toronto wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Yep she could be up for biggest flopper in the league, USA will be interesting as she won't have many fans there.
Oh please!! No doubt she flopped but Griner's hand shouldn't have been on her arm in the first place...

Omg like post players don't body one another. That's fine. Call her for the graze on the arm. However, acting like you just got your head shot off should result in a review and an offensive foul. There's no place for flopping.

Lol! Griner fouled her on that play, Nneka flopped! There are many floppers in this league and I agree it needs to be stamped out but I only see this type of uproar when the sparks players are involved...
This
But you know LA are the evil witches of the west Rolling Eyes

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/17/17 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so proud of Sims...

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/18/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks are my team so YAY. BUT damn Nneka has been taking some acting lessons, I love Nneka but I don't like her flops.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 09/18/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Sparks are my team so YAY. BUT damn Nneka has been taking some acting lessons, I love Nneka but I don't like her flops.

I also am a Sparks fan and agree with this statement. But the best flop I saw was in game 2 when Taurasi went flying across the floor, rolling head over ass an trying to get a call.... Problem is... NO ONE touched her. I was sitting court side and it occurred right in front of me. I was so impressed with the acting skill and found humor when the ref looked at her and rolled his eyes.

But on a serious note, there are indeed some amazing floppers in the league, and I said in an earlier post Nneka and Diana are 2 of the best. It's time to adopt the NBA's flopping rule and start hitting players in their pockets. Perhaps they will get the message quickly.

The Sparks just got some better bounces, out hustled the Merc and played very good defense throughout the series (Sparks out rebounded the Merc and the Merc had a few more turnovers in the series), so I don't think this series was determined by the atrocious officiating; they were equally bad on both ends. It felt like one ref would make a bad call on one team and another official would call a bad make up call on the other. I didn't see the Minn / WA series, But LA / PHO was some of the worst officiating I saw all season. Hope that group of refs is allowed to go on vacation, cause I don't want to see any of them again. EVER!!

On to the finals.

PostPosted: 09/18/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
It's time to adopt the NBA's flopping rule and start hitting players in their pockets. Perhaps they will get the message quickly.

The WNBA rule is identical to the NBA rule. The NBA certainly hasn't eliminated flopping, as anyone who has ever seen James Harden play can attest.

PostPosted: 09/18/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we have a rule fining fans and players that whine about flopping. It's worse than the actual flopping.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/18/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Can we have a rule fining fans and players that whine about flopping. It's worse than the actual flopping.

X_____________

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/18/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Yes! When we get a rule about posters whining about fans whining about floppers. Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 09/18/17 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the best way to eliminate flopping would be to allow the refs to call it. It would be treated as a technical foul. It would embarrass the players being called so that might help. Raising the fine would probably work on WNBA players too though it won't work on NBA players because they are paid so much.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/18/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think the best way to eliminate flopping would be to allow the refs to call it. It would be treated as a technical foul. It would embarrass the players being called so that might help. Raising the fine would probably work on WNBA players too though it won't work on NBA players because they are paid so much.

You want another thing to review during the game? Just let the league office review them on their own time, as it is now. If you want to "embarrass" players, maybe you could make the list of violations more public than they do now.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 09/18/17 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

You want another thing to review during the game? Just let the league office review them on their own time, as it is now. If you want to "embarrass" players, maybe you could make the list of violations more public than they do now.

Embarrassment is a better motivator than fines or post game reviews. Reviews are annoying but so what. Refs don't need to review calls if they are sure about them. As is stands now the assumption is refs are too stupid to call a flop, but someone watching game replays is able to do it after the fact.

To eliminate reviews just allow them only when a coach requests one, and limit the number.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 09/19/17 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coaches should not be allowed to request a review. They would use it as a momentum killer and who could blame them.

I vote we stop worrying about the flop and get our officials to officiate at the skill level on the floor.

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/19/17 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps if the players get caught flopping a few times they could be made to wear a Scarlet F on their jerseys.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/19/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Perhaps if the players get caught flopping a few times they could be made to wear a Scarlet F on their jerseys.

I think it would work. Maybe even have a flopper of the week or month.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 09/19/17 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

. . . or if we really wanna get ridiculous, we could brand them like cattle with an "F" for lifelong disgrace. Razz

PostPosted: 09/20/17 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
willtalk wrote:

. . . or if we really wanna get ridiculous, we could brand them like cattle with an "F" for lifelong disgrace. Razz

But it would have to be in the middle of their foreheads like the Manson Family.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: