RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Three to See- 4 Years Later
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Of the Three to See, who's overall the best player?
Brittney Griner
37%
 37%  [ 22 ]
Elena Delle Donne
50%
 50%  [ 30 ]
Skylar Diggins
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 59

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/19/17 7:28 pm    ::: The Three to See- 4 Years Later Reply Reply with quote

Now that the Three to See have all completed their 5th seasons in the WNBA, who's been the most successful? The least? Any surprises? As seen in the poll below, which one is the best overall player?

PostPosted: 09/19/17 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're all very good, but I gotta vote for the one with a ring

PostPosted: 09/19/17 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Went with BG but it's really close between her and EDD imo.

merlina

PostPosted: 09/19/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thinking about just last season, I'd say Griner, but if you think about the whole five years, I think it's Delle Donne. Going into the future, I think Griner is going to remain the better player.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/19/17 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a better question is whether the 3 to see are the best top 3 picks in the history of the league?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/19/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I think a better question is whether the 3 to see are the best top 3 picks in the history of the league?

Only because Candice Wiggins was a bust.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/19/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Muahahaha Laughing

PostPosted: 09/19/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Yeah but that's because of those big mean lesbians running rampant
Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 09/19/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Better than Claw, Yo, and Nat Williams? They're going to wind up with better numbers because Griffith and Williams were mid-career when they reached the W, but it's hard to say the Three to See will be better players.

PostPosted: 09/19/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its very close between Griner and Delle Donne, you could go either way.
All three have made the All WNBA 1st team.

PostPosted: 09/19/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
All three have made the All WNBA 1st team.

2013 is the only draft class that has had each of its top three picks make 1st team All WNBA

PostPosted: 09/19/17 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Better than Claw, Yo, and Nat Williams? They're going to wind up with better numbers because Griffith and Williams were mid-career when they reached the W, but it's hard to say the Three to See will be better players.

Yo and Williams were great, but I think Claw never reached her full potential in the league. Also as you stated, Yo and Nat were seasoned professionals by time they entered the league. Brit, EDD, and Skylar came straight from college and have been impressive from day 1, rookie season for Diggins notwithstanding. I think they're on track to becoming better players by time it's all said and done.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/19/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Honestly, I'm not convinced they'll beat 2001. Yes, Diggins is better than Kelly Miller. OTOH, I would take both Lauren Jackson and Tamika Catchings over any of the Three to See.

PostPosted: 09/19/17 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Honestly, I'm not convinced they'll beat 2001. Yes, Diggins is better than Kelly Miller. OTOH, I would take both Lauren Jackson and Tamika Catchings over any of the Three to See.

Absolutely! This we agree on, although the inclusion of Kelly Miller greatly reduces their value as a whole. Catch definitely should've been the number 2 pick that year, but that's a different debate. I'm trying to recall why people were so enamored with Miller, yeah she was very good in college and all-american, but I followed Georgia and could tell that Tweety was something special.

jap

PostPosted: 09/19/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Candice wasn't doing badly at all her rookie season: in fact, she was doing pretty well. However, she had a leg injury late in the season, and she never was the same after that.

PostPosted: 09/19/17 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Had Cambage played more seasons than Chiney, Moore/Cambage/Vandersloot would be quite formidable... and still all young enough to do some major damage, damage pilight does not have the vision to see.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/20/17 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

That would be one fun as hell 3-on-3 in Hypothetical World.

PostPosted: 09/20/17 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't really pick between Griner and EDD because they're both very good in their own ways and very difficult to compare.

Griner is the most impactful defensive presence in the game, and EDD is the best at putting the ball in the basket. Each has weaknesses (Griner rebounding, EDD passing) as well, so really it comes down to how each would fit with an existing lineup.

Even if you could build a roster around each one, I still don't know which one I would pick -- maybe Griner because she doesn't have Lyme disease? But does that mean Griner is really a better player?

PostPosted: 09/20/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Even if you could build a roster around each one, I still don't know which one I would pick -- maybe Griner because she doesn't have Lyme disease? But does that mean Griner is really a better player?

Griner is more than a year younger than Delle Donne

PostPosted: 09/20/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I can't really pick between Griner and EDD because they're both very good in their own ways and very difficult to compare.

Griner is the most impactful defensive presence in the game, and EDD is the best at putting the ball in the basket. Each has weaknesses (Griner rebounding, EDD passing) as well, so really it comes down to how each would fit with an existing lineup.

You seem to be ignoring Delle Donne's defense as a weakness.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/20/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

You seem to be ignoring Delle Donne's defense as a weakness.

I'm not convinced that, as a four, EDD is a defensive negative. Granted, if she has to guard small forwards, she's got issues, but her height and athleticism generally allows her to handle most WNBA power forwards.

PostPosted: 09/20/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Especially if instead of Kelly Miller, you get to take one of Deanna Nolan, Katie Douglas, or Penny Taylor.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/20/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Especially if instead of Kelly Miller, you get to take one of Deanna Nolan, Katie Douglas, or Penny Taylor.

Yep, any of the three would’ve been better. So the Mystics could’ve drafted Douglas and Penny Taylor instead of Coco Miller?

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/20/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Yep, any of the three would’ve been better. So the Mystics could’ve drafted Douglas and Penny Taylor instead of Coco Miller?
Confused

PostPosted: 09/20/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Had EDD not been injured as much as she has, I would go with her. But seeing as that her MVP season is the only one she didn't miss extended time, I have to go with BG.

Plus, BG doesn't have to be hidden defensively.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: