RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Here Are All of Nike’s NBA Statement Edition Uniforms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 09/18/17 12:37 pm    ::: Here Are All of Nike’s NBA Statement Edition Uniforms Reply Reply with quote

https://news.nike.com/news/nba-statement-uniforms

...here's hoping they put nearly as much effort into next year's WNBA unis.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/18/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, yes here's hoping, thumbs up.

bullsky

PostPosted: 09/18/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually wasn't that impressed by the designs. Many of them looked...simple, like the regular jerseys,

Anyways, I only have two hopes for the new WNBA uniforms (1) Different fonts for each team (2) keep the colored uniforms - I like those way more than the white uniforms.

PostPosted: 09/18/17 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked the simpler look, but I also do like the colors.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/18/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For several teams the fonts are irrelevant though, because it's the sponsor's name on the mddle of the jersey anyway. I do hope a bit more effort is put into the uniforms by Nike, but I'm not holding my breath. The NBA franchises all put a lot of time, money and man-hours into their logos and uniform-look, and I'm not convinced that the WNBA teams have the money or staff to all do that, which could hold things back.

But I'd love to see something like the team name running vertically down the side of the jerseys when the sponsor is on the front, or legitimately differing designs for different teams, or just something that gives it all a bit more identity.

I quite like the no-white thing as well, and would have no problem with them sticking with that.

PostPosted: 09/18/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
I actually wasn't that impressed by the designs. Many of them looked...simple, like the regular jerseys,

Anyways, I only have two hopes for the new WNBA uniforms (1) Different fonts for each team (2) keep the colored uniforms - I like those way more than the white uniforms.

I'm in agreement with you. I expected more from NIKE. I always get so excited when any team gets new uniforms. When the W and Adidas came out with the current uniforms that featured one boring template with no team uniqueness or anything I was disappointed. I'm hoping and praying that Nike will have different fonts and keep the colored uniforms as well. Since the men have 4 unis I'm hoping the ladies can get at least 3 unis and maybe some throwbacks. Maybe the throwbacks are pushing it lol, but three shouldn't be asking for too much. Even if they keep the cool order unis and bring back white as well and let the teams pick what they wanna wear. I've always wanted to see the Sparks wear white, but a blk and gold uni or blk and teal would be cool.

PostPosted: 09/18/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
For several teams the fonts are irrelevant though, because it's the sponsor's name on the mddle of the jersey anyway. I do hope a bit more effort is put into the uniforms by Nike, but I'm not holding my breath. The NBA franchises all put a lot of time, money and man-hours into their logos and uniform-look, and I'm not convinced that the WNBA teams have the money or staff to all do that, which could hold things back.

But I'd love to see something like the team name running vertically down the side of the jerseys when the sponsor is on the front, or legitimately differing designs for different teams, or just something that gives it all a bit more identity.

I quite like the no-white thing as well, and would have no problem with them sticking with that.

I think fonts also means the number as well. Every WNBA team has the same number design. I miss LA's italicized numbers. The Fever's old numbers designed always seemed like they should've been used for the Charlotte Sting. I used to also like the design of Minnesota's old numbers. Hope Nike brings them back. Some originality would be nice. I also hope that the teams with sponsors have bigger team logos on their shoulders. Those lil a** team logos are barely noticeable. I hope Nike gets some players input in the off-season. Can't be too hard to call up some of their ladies (DT, EDD, Sue) one weekend and pick their brains.

PostPosted: 09/19/17 6:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just don't get the excitement or disappointment surrounding uniforms. I'm not going to pay money for a ticket to see uniforms. I do get why teams like to play up the importance of uniforms because they want you to root for the uniform no matter who is in it.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/19/17 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I just don't get the excitement or disappointment surrounding uniforms. I'm not going to pay money for a ticket to see uniforms. I do get why teams like to play up the importance of uniforms because they want you to root for the uniform no matter who is in it.

Jersey sales. Personal anecdote: when the Liberty switched to the blue jerseys, I swore off buying them (with the one exception being a custom Ashley Battle jersey I bought my mom for her birthday) and instead turned to eBay for the old Champion jerseys. When they switched back to black, I ended up buying three over the course of four years. Now that it's the seafoam in the store, I'm not so sure I'll buy anything further.

(also if I have to see my team 18 times a year in real life and 17 times on TV I'd rather they not look like a raging dumpster fire, Dallas green uniforms I'm looking at you)

PostPosted: 09/19/17 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

look like a raging dumpster fire.. Laughing Laughing I'm just happy when my team isn't playing like one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: