Board Junkies Forums

Mystics to play game 4 (if necessary) at McDonough Gym
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/17/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
willtalk wrote:
At least it is a full court gym. They could just as well have had to play on a half court and be forced to take the ball past the free three point line at every change of possession. Laughing

why not just have the game in some park and set up some bleachers?

When you guys were talking about where the Libs would go if MSG was ruled out, I did think of suggesting they play the damn thing at Rucker Park. It'd draw some attention to the league for the sheer insanity.

PostPosted: 09/17/17 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
willtalk wrote:
At least it is a full court gym. They could just as well have had to play on a half court and be forced to take the ball past the free three point line at every change of possession. Laughing

why not just have the game in some park and set up some bleachers?

When you guys were talking about where the Libs would go if MSG was ruled out, I did think of suggesting they play the damn thing at Rucker Park. It'd draw some attention to the league for the sheer insanity.

Liberty did play that outdoor game at Arthur Ashe Stadium in 2008.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/17/17 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No need to have worried.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/17/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many times has MSG not been available mid-season? I remember the Liberty playing six games at 6,000 seat Radio City Music Hall in 2004 due to the Republican convention. 6,000 capacity was 3,886 seats less than the Liberty announced as their average attendance that year.

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/17/17 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So now they are taking down the green screens at McDonough gym. Won't have to use GGI. Rolling Eyes

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/18/17 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
How many times has MSG not been available mid-season? I remember the Liberty playing six games at 6,000 seat Radio City Music Hall in 2004 due to the Republican convention. 6,000 capacity was 3,886 seats less than the Liberty announced as their average attendance that year.

Do we count three years of exile to Jersey as one "time" or as 54 separate times?

(now with spelling variations)
tfan

PostPosted: 09/18/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
tfan wrote:

Do we count three years of exile to Jersey as one "time" or as 54 separate times?

I was looking for a mid-season temp replacement. But now that you mention it, I guess the Liberty now have two first-class options - Newark and Brooklyn - that they could use if MSG was booked on a playoff night, that they didn't have in 2004.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/18/17 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
tfan wrote:

I was looking for a mid-season temp replacement. But now that you mention it, I guess the Liberty now have two first-class options - Newark and Brooklyn - that they could use if MSG was booked on a playoff night, that they didn't have in 2004.

Actually, due to ownership clashes with the Nets, and lingering issues with Prudential Center, we can't use either of them. Radio City's not an option either, given that the one player who exited downstage right into the pit was Swin Cash, back in her Detroit days. The plan, if the Liberty had managed to contain the goddamn midget, would have been for Game 3 to be at the Westchester Knicks' facility. (This is a bad plan.)

(now with spelling variations)
tfan

PostPosted: 09/18/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
tfan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
tfan wrote:

Actually, due to ownership clashes with the Nets, and lingering issues with Prudential Center, we can't use either of them. Radio City's not an option either, given that the one player who exited downstage right into the pit was Swin Cash, back in her Detroit days. The plan, if the Liberty had managed to contain the goddamn midget, would have been for Game 3 to be at the Westchester Knicks' facility. (This is a bad plan.)

Do they have an arena there? Not sure if these are correct, but this is what I find for Knicks Practice facility:

toad455

PostPosted: 09/18/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the arena in Westchester where the G-League team plays and where the Liberty would have hosted Game 3 if they advanced.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: