RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

American Horror Story: Cult

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/14/17 3:35 am    ::: American Horror Story: Cult Reply Reply with quote

Anyone else watching this? I LIKE. Very much so far. After about three ridiculously campy seasons this is very controlled and VERY political and focused on the election last year and how the results would have been taken by people whose emotional health is far far from what it should be. Shocked

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/14/17 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watched episode one. Loved it as always. I've always loved AHS except for last season's Roanoke or whatever it was called. That season was shit. Can't wait for where the current season goes. The only season to have nothing supernatural in it.

Loved Murder House. Still the best because we had never seen anything like it before.

Didn't like Asylum as much. Too many different themes all crammed into one season.

Coven was campy fun. Loved it.

Freak Show. Amazing.

Hotel. More amazing.

Roanoke was crap. Stopped watching after three episodes I think.

Cult. So far so good after one episode.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/14/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah that first season was wonderful. Perfectly realized modern version of every spooky scary thing. Used to get chills every time they rolled the opening credits.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/14/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Hotel. More amazing.

The serial killer scene may be the single greatest television scene that I've ever seen. Razz

PostPosted: 09/14/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hotel was easily the worst IMO

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/15/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:

To each his own. Elizabeth Taylor was simply amazing and single handedly made Hotel great.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 09/17/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

To each his own. Elizabeth Taylor was simply amazing and single handedly made Hotel great.

I loved Hotel as well. As a former fashion design student, I loved the nod to old Hollywood and the constant barrage of fashion.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 10/02/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haven’t watched the last couple episodes. Only watched the season premier so far. They’re saved on my DVR. After watching the first episode, at first I loved it. Then I realized that I didn’t want to watch a show about Trump’s election and how it played on peoples minds/fears etc. I get enough of that in the real world. I like AHS for the escapism and horror elements. Bring on more supernatural stuff in the future. I dont even think I wanna bother with the 2nd episode and on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: