RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Red Pill Black

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/14/17 2:04 am    ::: Red Pill Black Reply Reply with quote

AKA the Candace Owens mentioned in this piece. I've posted two vids of hers in the impeachment thread. I'll post one more here after this fair and balanced article from Fox News explaining what the 'Red Pill' movement is to those of you who don't know. (It's considerably longer than the excerpt so be sure to check out the rest.)

Candace Owens's Twitter handle is @redpillblack

Liberals sick of the alt-left are taking the "red pill"

By Elizabeth Ames Published September 13, 2017

Fox News

The mainstream media failed to see the rise of Donald Trump in 2016. Now it’s overlooking another grassroots movement that may soon be of equal significance— the growing number of liberals “taking the red pill.” People of all ages and ethnicities are posting YouTube videos describing “red pill moments”—personal awakenings that have caused them to reject leftist narratives imbibed since childhood from friends, teachers, and the news and entertainment media.

You might say that those who take the red pill have been “triggered.” But instead of seeking out “safe spaces,” they’re doing the opposite, posting monologues throwing off the shackles of political correctness.

Their videos can feature the kind of subversiveness that was once a hallmark of the left—before the movement lost its sense of humor.

Candace Owens, a charismatic young African American, posts commentaries on her YouTube channel whose titles seem expressly designed to make PC heads explode.

A sample: “I Don't Care About Charlottesville, the KKK, or White Supremacy.” The commentary calls out liberal fearmongering over white supremacists. “I mean there are, what, 6,000 Klansmen left in our nation. You want me to actually process that as a legitimate fear every day when I wake up?”

Not insignificantly, her video got nearly 500,000 views and overwhelmingly enthusiastic comments. (“you rock, girl!” “this woman is awesome.”)

A later episode about Black Lives Matter got nearly 700,000 views and had the distinction of being briefly taken down by YouTube. Unapologetic, Owens responded with a follow-up commentary — “What YouTube and Facebook REALLY Think of Black People.”

She declared, “There was only one version of a black person that these platforms are willing to help propel towards fame and notoriety—and that is an angry black victim.” Owens calls her channel “Red Pill Black.” It invites viewers: “Sick of the alt-left. Welcome, I prescribe red pills.”

The term “taking the red pill” derives from the movie "The Matrix," the trippy sci-fi classic. Morpheus, the resistance leader played by Laurence Fishburne offers Neo, the movie’s hero played by Keanu Reeves, a choice: He can take the blue pill and remain in the repressive artificial world known as the Matrix where “you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.” Or he can take the red pill and tumble down the “rabbit hole” where he will come to realize that everything about his life was a lie.

So this video is her taking on Black Lives Matter. OK, if you're not in the loop there, a BLM "organizer" named ... well... I'll let Snopes take it from here.

Chanelle Helm picked up her phone and typed out some suggestions for how white people could help end racial injustice.

Without knowing it was about to thrust her into yet another 2017 round of race-baiting Internet outrage, the Louisville, Kentucky resident posted the ten-point list to her personal Facebook page and then forgot about it. The list laid out suggestions for white people with both the resources and desire to take part in the cause, and mostly dealt with ways to alleviate inequality in home ownership and generational poverty.

So here is her list. Shocked

White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader

AUG 16 2017

BY CHANELLE HELM

Some things I’m thinking about that should change (in that Southern, black grandmama voice):

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.

#RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney •

Chanelle Helm is cofounder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter Louisville.

PayPal: chanellehelm@gmail.com

Venmo: chanellehelm

Cashapp: CBHelm

Well, I'll let Candace Owens take this one. Cool

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/085u0NnAgjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed>

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/14/17 5:30 pm    ::: Re: Red Pill Black Reply Reply with quote

I'm gonna shock you for a second.

There are segments of the left that have gone too far. Shocked (Although, you realize, Bernie Sanders is the leader of the "Alt Left", right? Wink )

I hit my limit with some younger millennial stances. And I mostly don't want a "Tea Party" type uprising on the liberal side..and we're headed that way, IMO.

That being said, there's a line here. Criticism for a group taking things too far does not mean inclusivity is bad, that systemic racism isn't a huge issue (and that it didn't play a huge issue in this election), etc..

It doesn't mean that people aren't wrong to criticize some comedians who punch down, it just means we don't have to criticize everything.

There's a line. That's all I'm saying.

PostPosted: 09/14/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never saw the Matrix, but it seems like more than a coincidence that they picked a blue pill, the color of Democrats, and a red pill, the color of the Republicans. Was this ever brought up when the film came out?

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/14/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I never saw the Matrix, but it seems like more than a coincidence that they picked a blue pill, the color of Democrats, and a red pill, the color of the Republicans. Was this ever brought up when the film came out?

Seeing as though the movie was written by sisters Lana and Lilly Wachowski, who are both Trans women and hardcore Democrats (endorsed Bernie in the last election), and that in the mythology of the movie taking the red pill was a good thing, any political symbols are entirely coincidental.

Sometimes a red pill is just a red pill.

PostPosted: 09/15/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is very articulate, intelligent and down-to-earth and would be a great commentator on the networks. But I don't know what network she'd go on since she said in an interview that she is not pro-Republican, she is anti-Democrat. They like to have on Democratic pundits and Republican pundits. Not sure if she would have a slot. Although there is a black woman named Tezlyn Figaro (a Bernie Sanders campaign member) who has been on a few FoxNews shows and will be critical towards Democratic positions (which is why she is on - not as the Democratic counter-pundit) but she will not normally heap praise on Republicans or Republican positions.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/15/17 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like her. Thanks for the links.

I suspect the "pill" metaphor came from . . . hold on to your tin foil hats! . . . Vlad Putin.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M7M4y8jEn_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd be pleased to see intelligent commentators who are not Republican or Democrat or liberal or conservative or, most certainly, not unhinged and hopelessly ideological right or left wingers. And not endlessly recycled feeding-at-the-Washington-Big-Brother-trough pigs.

I don't think Trumpism is or should be any of those things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: