RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 09/12/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Personally, I'm excited about the new uniforms next year! Can't wait to see what the new Nike one's look like.

Me too. I always get excited when the league gets new unis. I hope there's more than one template this go round. At least bring back our original numbers and fonts. Some originality amd individuality would be welcomed. I hope we can at least get 3 uniforms per team.

PostPosted: 09/12/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
We still haven't really worked out a good way to expand that the existing owners will agree with, but won't make the new teams suck.

Expansion teams will always suck at first, but often not for long. The WNBA has had 10 expansion teams in its history. Eight were in the playoffs within five years, and one of the exceptions folded after three.

PostPosted: 09/12/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Personally, I'm excited about the new uniforms next year! Can't wait to see what the new Nike one's look like.

Me too. I always get excited when the league gets new unis. I hope there's more than one template this go round. At least bring back our original numbers and fonts. Some originality amd individuality would be welcomed. I hope we can at least get 3 uniforms per team.

FONTS YES PLZ

I was reallocating dresser drawers and stowing my collection of throwbacks, and I forgot how much I loved the Champion jerseys. They were busy, but they were so colorful!

(now with spelling variations)
tfan

PostPosted: 09/14/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully it won't be the same two teams in the finals.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Barring major injuries or unexpected roster changes there is little reason to think they won't both be there again.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:

Barring major injuries or unexpected roster changes there is little reason to think they won't both be there again.

Age will catch up with the Lynx eventually

PostPosted: 09/14/17 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Injuries might well be the way age finally catches up with MN. Had Whalen's injury come a few weeks later could have killed them in the playoffs.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/17 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But that might mean LA is all the more dominant.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/17 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

...plus the bench players that could be taken in an expansion draft, plus a high draft pick, you could easily put together a team at least as good as the Fever are going to be next season.

Eh, you tossed in a few foreign players in attempt to spice it up, but otherwise a pretty uninspiring list. A lot of question mark players that you don't have the answers for. Bone? Wright?

Those are the players who were in the league in 2016 but not 2017, with the exceptions I mentioned at the top. There are any number of perfectly fine players out there who haven't been in the league. If we did this a year ago no one would have mentioned Vonnie Turner, but she's now starting in the semifinals.

PostPosted: 09/15/17 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:

Age will catch up with the Lynx eventually

And free agency/Penny Toler might catch up with LA (although being in Los Angeles tends to mitigate that pretty nicely).

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
But of course, that's not what happens. You end up making your new team(s) with mediocre-to-terrible players, and they generally suck for years, killing any excitement or momentum built in the new city. That's why owners only ever really want expansion teams as a last resort when they're desperate for a team. They'd all much rather take over a team that's relocating (even though those teams usually aren't great, because if they were they'd be drawing more fans in the previous city and be less likely to move).

We still haven't really worked out a good way to expand that the existing owners will agree with, but won't make the new teams suck.

If they also got the #1 pick, depending on the year, that would help spice things up a bit.

You're gonna struggle mightily to get the owners of the currently-crappy teams to agree to that. I'd say 3 or 4 is the absolute highest they're gonna get, and that might be a stretch.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: