RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/10/17 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby plays with a lot of intensity, can guard all five positions, is always moving on defense, and she’s a Stat sheet stuffer, I think she can be Catchings like.

Collier is a big time scorer with a high basketball IQ, she is also a good rebounder, she’s like a smaller Delle Donne to me.
pilight

PostPosted: 09/10/17 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At 5'11 she won't able to guard all five positions in the W

PostPosted: 09/10/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think at works Gabbie Williams will be an Alyssa Thomas type player, at best Catchings. I'm sure she'll contribute to whatever team drafts sooner than later.

PostPosted: 09/10/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
At 5'11 she won't able to guard all five positions in the W

I’m sure the same was said about draymond green and, Kawhi Leonard heading into the NBA. Other then Griner, Fowles, and Cambage I’m sure Gabby could slow down Charles, Jones, and some of the other thin, or smaller WNBA post.
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 09/10/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure what player you have been watching but she is nothing like EDD not remotely close, 4 inches shorter, majority of shots are around the rim and as I said in an earlier post she does not have the same IQ as Williams as Geno is unable to put her in situations where you break a press, inbound without turning it over, feed the post, initiate any offense or pick n roll. Geno puts her in a position to catch close to the rim where she does not have to think as that's where she is best at finishing. She can hit an open jumper but as we saw in the FF game she struggled when guarded, especially on the low block and in trying to make decisions when the pressure was on. Geno is the master of putting players in places where they can be successful hiding weaknesses, IQ and decision making are her weaknesses. Right now she would be a hi motor hustle player but she will have to show better decision making over the next 2 years.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/10/17 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Not sure what player you have been watching but she is nothing like EDD not remotely close, 4 inches shorter, majority of shots are around the rim and as I said in an earlier post she does not have the same IQ as Williams as Geno is unable to put her in situations where you break a press, inbound without turning it over, feed the post, initiate any offense or pick n roll. Geno puts her in a position to catch close to the rim where she does not have to think as that's where she is best at finishing. She can hit an open jumper but as we saw in the FF game she struggled when guarded, especially on the low block and in trying to make decisions when the pressure was on. Geno is the master of putting players in places where they can be successful hiding weaknesses, IQ and decision making are her weaknesses. Right now she would be a hi motor hustle player but she will have to show better decision making over the next 2 years.

Ok
toad455

PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Draft Site has updated their mock with updated order. Interesting note, Kelsey Mitchell was removed from their mock, did I miss something?

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2018/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Draft Site has updated their mock with updated order. Interesting note, Kelsey Mitchell was removed from their mock, did I miss something?

They made several errors that's all. Russell is missing from the list too.

PostPosted: 09/13/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless players like Greenwell, Shakayla Thomas, Kia Nurse, or Vivians go on to be all stars, this draft is sorta top heavy.
justinabina

PostPosted: 09/13/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

It's always amusing reading mock drafts. Razz Not sure how some of the choices were made for this one. Shakayla Thomas to the Sun? No thanks! One undersized can't-shoot frontcourt Thomas is enough, and I don't think Shakayla is a playmaker like Alyssa (FSU fans correct me if I'm wrong).

Would rather have Nared, Scaife, Nurse, Atkins, pretty much any guard listed below #9.

UK1996

PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to do a mock draft since no one has done one for a while, assuming Stevens declares.
1. San Antonio- Aja Wilson
2. Chicago- Azure Stevens
3. Indiana- Kelsey Mitchell
4. Chicago- Gabby Williams
5. Seattle- Diamond Deshields
6. Dallas- Monique Billings
7. Washington- Mercededes Russell
8. Phoenix- Lexie Brown
9. Connecticut- Jordan Canada
10. New York- Jamie Nared
11. Los Angeles- Kia Nurse
12. Minnesota- Tyler Scaife

13. San Antonio- Rebecca Greenwell
14. Indiana- Tyler Scaife
15. Connecticut- Shakayla Thomas
16. Chicago- Victoria Vivians
17. Seattle- Emily Potter
18. Dallas- Begos Faz Devalos
19. Washington- Kaylee Jensen
20. Phoenix- Maria Vadeeva
22. New York- Khalia Hillsman
23. Los Angeles- Katelyn Flahrety
24 Minnesota- Mikayla Cowling

25. San Antonio- Ariel Atkins
26. Indiana- Brook McCarty
27. Atlanta- Kaylee Johnsom
28. Chicago- Ke'Shunan Jones
29. Seattle- Amy Griffin
30. Dallas- Randi Brown
31. Washington- Marie Gulich
32. Phoenix- Camille Zimmerman
33. Connecticut- Lili Thompson
34. New York- Brittany McPhee
35. Los Angeles- Lexie Bando
36. Minnesota- Carlie Wagner

PostPosted: 09/14/17 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never heard of Bego Faz Davalos, so I had to do some research.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211596098

Quote:
Davalos will transfer from Fresno State where she played the past three seasons and will have one year of eligibility at Duke in 2017-18.

“We are absolutely thrilled to welcome Bego and her family to the Duke family,” said McCallie. “Bego is a tremendous person, a great student and a terrific basketball player who loves to play physically, can rebound aggressively, likes to block shots, and scores consistently as well. She had a fabulous career at Fresno State. Bego will join Becca and Lexie in the MMS program at Fuqua.”

A 6-3 center from San Luis Potosi, Mexico, Davalos is one of the top shot blockers in the nation swatting 346 shots over the last three seasons with Fresno State. The reigning two-time Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year, Davalos is coming off averaging 14.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.5 blocks, 1.8 assists and 1.5 steals as a junior. Her 3.5 blocks ranked third nationally, while her 11.2 rebounds were seventh and 21 double-doubles ranked fourth.

Davalos is also a two-time All-Mountain West Team and Mountain West All-Defensive Team selection. She holds five Fresno State records (three season records and two career records) along with eight Mountain West records (five season records, one career record and two single-game record). Davalos became the 23rd player in Bulldog history to reach 1,000 career points this past year.

She enters her senior season as the NCAA active leader in blocks (346), rebounds (896) and double-doubles (37). Davalos has also collected two triple-doubles over her career.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/17 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I'm going to do a mock draft since no one has done one for a while, assuming Stevens declares.
8. Phoenix- Lexie Brown

14. Indiana- Tyler Scaife

29. Seattle- Amy Griffin
30. Dallas- Randi Brown

Your first round is pretty good, except when you get to #12. You list Schaife twice, so how about you letting that second team draft Scaife and let MIN roll the dice with Vadeeva. I'll nibble on her hype for now. Love Carlie at #36. Not a more deserving Gopher to deserve a shot.

You left out some notables.
Tyra Buss - On the small side but tough. She's at Indiana so Curt Miller may have recruited her. You know what that means. Odds are high he drafts her.
Morgan William - UConn killer
Linnae Harper - Another tough guard, U23 member, from Chicago.
Stephanie Mavunga - I don't think she's that big of a deal but J-Spoon seems to like her.

I was going to say Mariya Moore, but it looks like she's sitting out a year after transferring to USC.

Last edited by Shades on 09/14/17 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/14/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This does appear to be a good draft, with potential WNBA-level players (rotation at least) through most of the first round.

To me, the sure things are A'ja Wilson and Kelsey Mitchell, and I don't really know enough about Azure Stevens to say, though it seems clear she should be able to contribute.

Even a player like Canada, who I have downplayed because of her perimeter shooting, could turn out to be a solid player. And of course a couple players will emerge from the second and third rounds, though picking out who they might be is like throwing darts at a list on the wall.

PostPosted: 09/14/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
8. Phoenix- Lexie Brown

14. Indiana- Stephanie Mavunga

29. Seattle- Amy Griffin
30. Dallas- Randi Brown

Your first round is pretty good, except when you get to #12. You list Schaife twice, so how about you letting that second team draft Scaife and let MIN roll the duce with Vadeeva. I'll nibble on the hype for now.

You left out some notables.
Tyra Buss - On the small side but tough. She's at Indiana so Curt Miller may have recruited her. You know what that means. Odds are high he drafts her.
Morgan William - UConn killer
Linnae Harper - Another tough guard, U23 member, from Chicago.
Stephanie Mavunga - I don't think she's that big of a deal but J-Spoon seems to like her.

I was going to say Mariya Moore, but it looks like she's sitting out a year after transferring to USC.
Insert Mavunga where Scaife was drafted the 2nd time. She's from the Indianapolis area anyways, and is Jeanette Pohlen's sister in law. I'm not sold on Morgan William getting drafted. Harper while a great player had a skill set I'm not sure will translate. She's a PF in a PG body. Buss I haven't seen enough to make an assumption.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You don't know enough about Buss but you know about some of these other names? Looks like draftsite.com mid-major fillers to me.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/14/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You don't know enough about Buss but you know about some of these other names? Looks like draftsite.com mid-major fillers to me.

Jennie Buss I lovveee

PostPosted: 09/16/17 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the lottery is ppd until further notice, here's my first round mock.

1. San Antonio - A. Wilson
2. Chicago - G. Williams
3. Indiana - A. Stevens
4. Chicago - K. Mitchell
5. Seattle - T. McCowan
6. Dallas - D. DeShields
7. Washington - M. Russell
8. Phoenix - M. Billings
9. Connecticut - J. Canada
10. New York - S. Thomas
11. Los Angeles - L. Brown
12. Minnesota - J. Nared

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 09/16/17 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

2. Chicago - G. Williams
3. Indiana - A. Stevens
4. Chicago - K. Mitchell
5. Seattle - T. McCowan
6. Dallas - D. DeShields
8. Phoenix - M. Billings
10. New York - S. Thomas
12. Minnesota - J. Nared

*That'd be a nice draft for the Sky.
*If SEA knows what they are doing, they would love McCowan. I'm curious who you'd have them pick should McCowan not declare early. SEA and DAL have similar needs.
*You're pretty stubborn at the notion that DeShields and DAL want each other despite what DAL needs, which is more balance. If DAL doesn't want a big at #6, they should really consider trading or packaging the pick.
*Connecticut picking Canada would mean they are setting up a battle between Banham, Romero, and Canada for that backup PG spot. Of course, Banham could be the third SG.
*You're a NYL fan, and you have them picking the biggest surprise of the first round in Thomas. Maybe you should go into a little more depth as to what she would add to the Liberty.
*I believe Nared would be viewed as a SF prospect for the WNBA. That would mean you believe the Lynx are wasting their time looking at Zandalasini as a backup to Maya and that whole situation will fall through. Maybe it will... haven't gotten much feedback on what Reeve thinks of Zandalasini. She surely isn't going to be used much going forward. I like the Lynx taking Nurse or Vadeeva (if she can back up the hype this offseason) under your scenio.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/16/17 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last years a lot of mock drafts were burned by including DD and K. Mitchell before the draft (and completely missed on Gray and Dais while they were at it.)

Shades

PostPosted: 09/16/17 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Last years a lot of mock drafts were burned by including DD and K. Mitchell before the draft (and completely missed on Gray and Dais while they were at it.)

Early mocks were "burned" but who cares? All you can do is the best you can do with the information at hand. DeShields was stupid and unpredictable... who da thunk? For me, Mitchell leaving early was more wishful thinking than anything else. Probably should have seen Gray and Davis coming right after they won the championship, but can we apply what we learned from them to Azura Stevens? Will she be one and done at Connecticut? She's my strongest candidate to declare early. Could be wrong about that, but what we're trying to do here (especially early on) is not easy. Nobody is psychic here that I'm aware of. Watch games, read articles, pool ideas, gain experience... and I think the end result is pretty good. So good that a newbie coach felt insecure enough to take a shot at us because nobody liked Shaqator in the first round, and then fall flat on his face with that opinion. At least he doesn't have far to fall.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/17/17 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

2. Chicago - G. Williams
3. Indiana - A. Stevens
4. Chicago - K. Mitchell
5. Seattle - T. McCowan
6. Dallas - D. DeShields
8. Phoenix - M. Billings
10. New York - S. Thomas
12. Minnesota - J. Nared

I am a big fan of Gabby Williams, but if Indiana takes her with Kelsey Mitchell still on the board, I don't even know what I will do ...

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/17/17 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

2. Chicago - G. Williams
3. Indiana - A. Stevens
4. Chicago - K. Mitchell
5. Seattle - T. McCowan
6. Dallas - D. DeShields
8. Phoenix - M. Billings
10. New York - S. Thomas
12. Minnesota - J. Nared

I think Stevens will be a great pro, and be able to play small forward at 6’6, but she’s only been a 3rd team All American to this point, maybe she’ll light it up this season, but I can’t see her coming out of college early. Looking at your Mock draft, the 1st round is pretty deep, I see 7 players who could be potential All stars, not included Stevens.
justinabina

PostPosted: 09/17/17 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:

Gosh, I'd forgotten about Lili Thompson. Curious to see how she does with ND. She's played with Chiney - I like this third round pick.

justinabina

PostPosted: 09/17/17 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
a newbie coach felt insecure enough to take a shot at us

What??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 15 of 93

Jump to: