RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paris was one of the only bright spots for the wings in yesterdays game.Unless dallas acquires a better backup,or Paris demands a max contract,dallas should re-sign Paris....Courtney had one of her worst seasons due to the knee injury that she suffered against the stars.It took some time,but it appears that coach Taj is having a positive impact on CP.Paris definitely played better over the last couple of games.

I have no problem with dallas severing ties with CP.But i'd like to see them acquire a good backup or young post with upside before they let Paris walk.

sigur3

PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, no need for Davis & DeShields. Davis & the #6 pick to Chicago for the #3/#4 pick?

Oh please god no

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/17 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Paris was one of the only bright spots for the wings in yesterdays game.Unless dallas acquires a better backup,or Paris demands a max contract,dallas should re-sign Paris....Courtney had one of her worst seasons due to the knee injury that she suffered against the stars.It took some time,but it appears that coach Taj is having a positive impact on CP.Paris definitely played better over the last couple of games.

I have no problem with dallas severing ties with CP.But i'd like to see them acquire a good backup or young post with upside before they let Paris walk.

Didn't you want Russell? I mean if Art went from hating her not that long ago to recommending her, there must be something to it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
allenleavell

PostPosted: 09/07/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.

Best post I have seen years. She is very athletic and has all the moves in tool box. Wings need her or Aja Wilson. One of the two!!! Twisted Evil

zune69

PostPosted: 09/08/17 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Didn't you want Russell? I mean if Art went from hating her not that long ago to recommending her, there must be something to it.

If Cambage makes a temporary return(plays 2018,skips 2019 & 20) Dallas will still need another post to pair with Russell.There's always the option of signing,or trading for a post player(Boyette,Stokes,Alexander,Morelle,Coates),then using our draft pick on L.Brown,Billings.Deshields,or Nared.Letting Paris walk without securing the center position wouldn't be the smartest move.....Paris has her faults,but she's still one of the better backup centers in the league.

Dallas' real need for the 2018 draft is still up in the air.The wings could sign Cambage to a 4 yr deal,re-sign Paris,then draft L.Brown or Nared....Anything can and will happen over the next 7 month.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/08/17 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok something a little more out there

G. Johnson to Atl for E. Williams

Atl goes half show-time half bad girls, Dallas improves its defense and gets bigger

Atl
Clarendon/draft pick free agent
Hayes/Sykes/T. Young
McCoughtry/Holmes
G. Johnson/Dantas/Lyttle
Boyette/draft pick or Free agent

I'd be pretty intimidated by that starting line up

Dallas (Draft Billings @ #6)
Diggins/Chong
Gray/A. Davis
Powers/Christmas/Thorton
E. Williams/Billings/Plaisance
Cambage/Paris

This team looks balanced and deep and if Cambage leaves after 18 you can continue to build with Williams at the Center and Billings at the PF spot.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know J-Spoon. I can see the logic there, and Dream would be getting a more productive player in the deal. However, from Atlanta's viewpoint it relies a lot on Boyette to produce or we pretty much have nothing in the center position. Dantas along with an ageing Sancho are not ideal at the 4 position, but that would be better than a big hole in the middle. 4 seems to be the most overstocked position in the WNBA so maybe one can be found in FA (not that the Dream have ever done well in FA) or by trading out 2019 draft pick.

Dallas fans can address it from their perspective so I won't.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Atlanta
Clarendon/draft pick free agent
Hayes/Sykes/T. Young
McCoughtry/Holmes
G. Johnson/Dantas/Lyttle
Boyette/draft pick or Free agent

Bad girls, bad girls
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do
When pilight boos at you
Bad girls, bad girls

Lemme give you the complete bad girls redeaux.
This is lineup that'll make Laimbeer lift his brow and take notice.

Clarendon/Ajavon(Gotta keep her around)
Hayes/Sykes/MMoore(That's Mariya, chippiest guard in draft class and LOU product)
McCoughtry/Powers/TYoung
G. Johnson/Lyttle
LLeslie/Boyette

Dantas and Holmes are class acts, so you package them up in a deal for Powers.

Leslie is still in shape and looking for something to do besides being a D-level celebrity in Hollywood. She has recent ties with McCoughtry, who is running this show.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades you really need to post this in the Minnesota, I mean Atlanta thread to get the most exposure.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/09/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Offseason to-do list: Dallas Wings need to bring Australian star Liz Cambage back to the WNBA

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/09/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Offseason to-do list: Dallas Wings need to bring Australian star Liz Cambage back to the WNBA

We have a Big Foot sighting! Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/09/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity Cambage faithful, what makes you think she's as good as you remember or is (or will be) in game shape enough to compete with the best centers and forwards in the league?
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/09/17 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Just out of curiosity Cambage faithful, what makes you think she's as good as you remember or is (or will be) in game shape enough to compete with the best centers and forwards in the league?

I think she is good enough to be a valuable player even if she is only in so-so shape (which is the shape I'm guessing she is in right now, ahead of the WNBL season that starts 4 weeks from now). The Olympics showed that she can still play basketball. So did that pre-Olympic friendly against the USA when she put up 22 & 8 in 24 minutes vs Fowles, Griner & Charles.
The unknown is where her head is at. How motivated is she to play in the WNBA, let alone play to her peak there? If she is willing to put the preparation in then she's the 3rd best centre in the league IMO. That's a major addition for a team desperate just to compete in the paint, let alone have a threat there.

PostPosted: 09/10/17 2:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

I think she is good enough to be a valuable player even if she is only in so-so shape (which is the shape I'm guessing she is in right now, ahead of the WNBL season that starts 4 weeks from now). The Olympics showed that she can still play basketball. So did that pre-Olympic friendly against the USA when she put up 22 & 8 in 24 minutes vs Fowles, Griner & Charles.
The unknown is where her head is at. How motivated is she to play in the WNBA, let alone play to her peak there? If she is willing to put the preparation in then she's the 3rd best centre in the league IMO. That's a major addition for a team desperate just to compete in the paint, let alone have a threat there.

Tbh she already looks in much better shape then she was at the Olympics. A lot lighter. I saw a picture of her on snapchat while she posed at a picture from the Olympics. The difference was night and day. She looked 10 kg lighter.

Gameshape is different though but she has the wnbl season for that. Getting in gameshape is also a lot easier when you are more fit and less heavy

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/17 4:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Cambage has big plans as she aims to play for the Opals at next year's Commonwealth Games and World Championships plus return to the WNBA where she has one more year on her rookie contract with Dallas Wings, where Erin Phillips works.

"I've just had a year off and now I'm ready to be focused and take everything that comes in basketball," Cambage said.

"It will be crazy going from WNBL to Comm Games back to America and then world champs in the middle of the WNBA season and back to the WNBA. It will be a crazy year but I'm ready for it."

Liz Cambage back with Melbourne Boomers, on track to start new WNBL season

PostPosted: 09/13/17 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:
Cambage has big plans as she aims to play for the Opals at next year's Commonwealth Games and World Championships plus return to the WNBA where she has one more year on her rookie contract with Dallas Wings, where Erin Phillips works.

"I've just had a year off and now I'm ready to be focused and take everything that comes in basketball," Cambage said.

"It will be crazy going from WNBL to Comm Games back to America and then world champs in the middle of the WNBA season and back to the WNBA. It will be a crazy year but I'm ready for it."

Liz Cambage back with Melbourne Boomers, on track to start new WNBL season

It'll be more like WNBL-Commonwealth Games-WNBA-World Championships.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/13/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the first time, I believe that Liz Cambage will play in the WNBA again.

Good news all around ...

PostPosted: 09/13/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.
Cambage sightings are equivalent to seeing Big Foot or Elvis.

PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

I will believe it when I see her wearing a Wings uniform and pulling down a rebound for her squad.

Same here. I'll believe it when I see it. It would be great for Dallas if she were to show up, but there is no way they should plan on it.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/13/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

Same. She could pull the "I'm tired and don't want to come over" bit again and needs rest for the 2018 Worlds.

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. They didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.

Last edited by Rock Hard on 11/25/17 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/13/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

Or she could just get hurt. When your focus isn't always on basketball you're also not focussing on staying in shape, which makes breakdown injuries more likely. And if she's feeling the wear and tear, which of those competitions does her history suggest she's most likely to skip?

The Commonwealth Games is really a hilarious waste of time for someone as good as Cambage - the Aussies could probably win it with their under-16 team. But it's in Australia next year, so there's obviously a bigger draw for Aussies to play at home. It's frankly a pretty weird year for her to decide to bother with the WNBA again, considering all the other crap going on.

PostPosted: 09/13/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. The didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.

I can't imagine there is much of a market for her rights, and it costs them nothing to hold on to them.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 09/13/17 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

The Shock/ Wings organization should have moved on without her YEARS ago. They should have shopped her around for trade bait and accepted the best offer. The didn't waste any time getting rid of AZB.

I can't imagine there is much of a market for her rights, and it costs them nothing to hold on to them.

If there's no market for her why should Dallas want to keep her? Wouldn't that make her dead weight?
hyperetic

PostPosted: 09/13/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Good news all around ...

Same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 2 of 41

Jump to: