RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chiney
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 09/06/17 10:14 pm    ::: Chiney Reply Reply with quote

Could we please get someone else, anyone else, to do the studio analysis? She is terrible, annoying and just drives me nuts. She's an ESPN darling and I don't get it.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 09/06/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol. I love her, but I agree. You'd think as a player she'd be a better analyst but no. Must be her personality lol

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually like her. Get rid of the the co host who over dramatically emphasizes the wrong words frfr!

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney is a complete class act and is a keeper. Don't like her? Turn the channel. She's great and speaks with passion for the game and she knows what she's talking about. More than What can be said about most others on ESPN

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's very charming, and we know she's very intelligent, but I'm not sure she's made the leap to being brilliant specifically about basketball.

(now with spelling variations)
Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it is the way ESPN trains them so that they are all more or less the same kind of annoying characters. Richyyy was complaining about LaChina last night - who most thought she used to be pretty good. But, she now has that zippity do da ESPN style.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/08/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think it is the way ESPN trains them so that they are all more or less the same kind of annoying characters. Richyyy was complaining about LaChina last night - who most thought she used to be pretty good. But, she now has that zippity do da ESPN style.

This is also a good point. Same thing happened to Lobo (though she can occasionally switch it off). It's like ESPN equipment has a stupidification device built into it, and if you look too long into the camera or listen too long to the earpiece, your brain starts shutting down.

(now with spelling variations)
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most announcers in most sports are annoying because they have to dumb things down, in a sense, for the mass audience. Diehard fans like us know pretty much everything they're saying, and the stuff we would like to hear, the mass audience isn't that interested in, or wouldn't really understand.

And ESPN does have a particular pattern/style/model for its broadcasters, but it's not that much different on other networks -- and all of them are painful to listen to for the diehards. (When I watch tennis, which I know very little about, I think the announcers are fine.)

PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Most announcers in most sports are annoying because they have to dumb things down, in a sense, for the mass audience. Diehard fans like us know pretty much everything they're saying, and the stuff we would like to hear, the mass audience isn't that interested in, or wouldn't really understand.

And ESPN does have a particular pattern/style/model for its broadcasters, but it's not that much different on other networks -- and all of them are painful to listen to for the diehards. (When I watch tennis, which I know very little about, I think the announcers are fine.)

I feel the same way when I watch volleyball.
tfan

PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn't matter who it is, someone will complain about the person, particularly if it is a woman who speaks in her natural higher-pitched voice.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Yes- Carolyn Peck....

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Randy wrote:

This is also a good point. Same thing happened to Lobo (though she can occasionally switch it off). It's like ESPN equipment has a stupidification device built into it, and if you look too long into the camera or listen too long to the earpiece, your brain starts shutting down.

For what it's worth, I still like Lobo (and Ryan Ruocco). I still feel a very significant drop-off from ESPN's #1 team (Ruocco/Lobo) to the #2 (Ward/Robinson).

PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chimney and LaChina talk as if they are hanging out with the girlies at the pool.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 09/08/17 2:05 pm    ::: Re: Chiney Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Could we please get someone else, anyone else, to do the studio analysis? She is terrible, annoying and just drives me nuts. She's an ESPN darling and I don't get it.

i agree. i find her incredibly annoying.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/09/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Chiney want to play basketball, I have a feeling she is looking to follow a different path.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/09/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Does Chiney want to play basketball, I have a feeling she is looking to follow a different path.

She signed a multi-year extension with the Sun.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 09/09/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

My guess is that she wants to make money. ESPN is a pretty good gig for someone who has been forced to sit because of injuries. It likely says nothing about her desire to play basketball or not.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like a very smart career move. It will be something to help her prepare for life after basketball, whether that happens sooner or later.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 09/09/17 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hold on Richyyy, back off LaChina, she's one of my favorite announcers. Lol. As for Chiney, I like her personality but her analysis needs improvement. After Dallas lost, the other announcer asked her where do they go from here? All Chiney said was that Dallas was the youngest team in the league and getting into the playoffs will be good for their experience. Rolling Eyes Im always expecting more from her analysis. Like who Dallas should sign in the off-season, what should they be looking for in the draft, what positions do they need more help at. Something. Hopefully she'll get better soon.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/11/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

This.

Add Ogumike's "personality" to get a perfect storm of annoying.

PostPosted: 09/11/17 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Like who Dallas should sign in the off-season, what should they be looking for in the draft, what positions do they need more help at. Something. Hopefully she'll get better soon.

The Dallas GM probably doesn't even know this stuff. How's Chiney supposed to know? And as shown by this forum, if you have overly strong opinions and fans don't agree with you, then they tend to turn on you.

Host: What moves should Dallas make moving forward?

Chiney: Center seem to be a position of weakness for Dallas, both offensively and defensively. Mercedes Russell is a player that could be available at #6 that should be a menace on the low block at both ends of the floor....

Dallas viewers at home
Deshields fans: Russell? I love Diamond! We need more wings. It's our identity! Chiney's hair looks awful.

Nared fans: Russell? I love Jamie! We need a tall wing. Chiney looks like she's been thrift shopping.

Russell fans: *crickets chirping*

Gabby fans: I love Gabby! Make it happen, Chiney, or I'll hate you forever.

Canada fans: I know my PG's. I've been accredited by myself. Canada is the best PG I've seen since the great Sammy Prahalis. Dallas needs a great PG, and if Chiney can't see that, then she knows nothing. NOTHING! Get off my television, Chiney!

*fan accountings are fictional. Any resemblance to actual people are purely coincidental.

So yeah, Chiney is probably better off sticking with the basics. It's not like most of the people viewing are really up on the WNBA.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
allenleavell

PostPosted: 09/11/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Like who Dallas should sign in the off-season, what should they be looking for in the draft, what positions do they need more help at. Something. Hopefully she'll get better soon.

The Dallas GM probably doesn't even know this stuff. How's Chiney supposed to know? And as shown by this forum, if you have overly strong opinions and fans don't agree with you, then they tend to turn on you.

Chiney: Center seem to be a position of weakness for Dallas, both offensively and defensively. Mercedes Russell is a player that could be available at #6 that should be a menace on the low block at both ends of the floor....

Dallas viewers at home
Deshields fans: Russell? I love Diamond! We need more wings. It's our identity! Chiney's hair looks awful.

Nared fans: Russell? I love Jamie! We need a tall wing. Chiney looks like she's been thrift shopping.

Canada fans: I know my PG's. I've been accredited by myself. Canada is the best PG I've seen since the great Sammy Prahalis. Dallas needs a great PG, and if Chiney can't see that, then she knows nothing. NOTHING! Get off my television, Chiney!

*fan accountings are fictional. Any resemblance to actual people are purely coincidental.

So yeah, Chiney is probably better off sticking with the basics. It's not like most of the people viewing are really up on the WNBA.

Shades+1

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 09/11/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

Dallas viewers at home

I guess you're right about the bold part, but if all she said was the part in italics, it would've been better than saying "Dallas is the youngest team in the league, this playoff game will be good for their experience."

PostPosted: 09/11/17 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like people forget what we used to have for announcers.

I'll take Chiney, LaChina, Rebecca, any day of the week compared to what we had in the past. You're all getting spoiled if that's the biggest complaint you have.

blaase22

PostPosted: 09/11/17 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney sucks, and id take what they had in the past over her anyday,especially Robin.
Peck was at least good for some lols but Chiney is just annoying/insufferable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: