RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Vote for ME! REPUBLICAN, SMART, WHITE, TRADITIONAL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:15 am    ::: Vote for ME! REPUBLICAN, SMART, WHITE, TRADITIONAL. Reply Reply with quote

Well this hits new depths of stupidity.

This is the pitch by a candidate for mayor of Charlotte, NC.

VOTE FOR ME!” Kimberley Paige Barnette posted on Facebook. “REPUBLICAN & SMART, WHITE, TRADITIONAL.”

Asked how the city could help its lower-income residents, Barnette said, “I don’t think we should encourage more lower-income people to (come to) Charlotte.” “We should attract higher-income people.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article170742532.html

To be fair, the head of the NC GOP blasted her

“Any suggestion that a candidate is more or less qualified for political office based on their skin color alone, is offensive to North Carolina Republicans and we condemn it,” GOP Chairman Robin Hayes said in a statement. “This type of suggestion has no place in our public discourse.”

Smith called Barnette “a fringe candidate.” He said her post “adds to the divisiveness we’ve seen. … She is boosting name ID with sort of absurd campaign tactics.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article171334892.html

taropatch

PostPosted: 09/07/17 4:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I respect the fact that she did not insert "attractive". Wow! Her mug has October 31st written all over it. She must have a closet full of brooms.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:19 am    ::: Re: Vote for ME! REPUBLICAN, SMART, WHITE, TRADITIONAL. Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Well this hits new depths of stupidity.

This is the pitch by a candidate for mayor of Charlotte, NC.

VOTE FOR ME!” Kimberley Paige Barnette posted on Facebook. “REPUBLICAN & SMART, WHITE, TRADITIONAL.”

Asked how the city could help its lower-income residents, Barnette said, “I don’t think we should encourage more lower-income people to (come to) Charlotte.” “We should attract higher-income people.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article170742532.html

To be fair, the head of the NC GOP blasted her

“Any suggestion that a candidate is more or less qualified for political office based on their skin color alone, is offensive to North Carolina Republicans and we condemn it,” GOP Chairman Robin Hayes said in a statement. “This type of suggestion has no place in our public discourse.”

Smith called Barnette “a fringe candidate.” He said her post “adds to the divisiveness we’ve seen. … She is boosting name ID with sort of absurd campaign tactics.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article171334892.html

Isn't that rich, coming from the leader of the party guilty of voter suppression.

At least Barnette is an out asshole.

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And yet some people claim "traditional" is not a code word...

PostPosted: 09/07/17 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
And yet some people claim "traditional" is not a code word...

The problem isn't the word....

It's been around for a long time, it is the veneration of it by assholes that is the problem. Republicans and even some democrats have long been running on "traditional family values" in response to a cultural shift in regards to sex and drugs and rock and roll. The repressed eat it up and the libertines roll their eyes.

PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So is "smart" a code word now too?

After all, I need to try and keep up with all the normal run-of-the-mill words that suddenly have been deemed off-limits and will spark outrage. Cool

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/17 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least since the era of Reagan (and probably Nixon) Republicans have been seen as mean spirited bigots. For most of that time they have been trying to escape from or reform that image. Trump comes along and instead embodies the persona of a mean spirited bigot it and becomes their biggest success in decades. I think it shows GOP voters are mainly mean spirited bigots and will strongly support those that are like themselves. I suspect this woman will do quite well among Charlotte Republicans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: