RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:23 am    ::: Chicago Sky 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Sky add two lottery picks(guard & small forward unless they land the #1 pick), Faulkner returns and Coates(assuming) is added. Gone should be Graves, Harris & Epps. Bulgak produced more in her few games than Harris did all season, so possibly she sticks as their 5th post?

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Quigley/Pondexter/draft pick
SF: draft pick/Copper
PF: Breland/Bulgak
C: Dolson/Coates/Parker

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't forget about Ndour. But I'd probably rather have Bulgak than her.

Breland is a RFA and probably not as much of a home run to return as Quigley and Dolson are. Not sure of Cappie's status.

In any case, Stocks stumbled her way into having a very deep roster. No excuses for messing this one up.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/06/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago will be a better team with the improvement of their young players Copper and Parker. Chicago has a coach whose job is to develop the players. Well I'm going to see if she is doing her job if those two players come back next season with better skills and better basketball I.Q. than where they are now. Connecticut improved as a team because their players improved their basketball skills.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they don't get #1 they should probably trade one of the lottery picks for a PF if possible. Breland won't cut it.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/06/17 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
If they don't get #1 they should probably trade one of the lottery picks for a PF if possible. Breland won't cut it.

I wonder if you could see them try to package their two picks to trade for the No. 1.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/06/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I wonder if you could see them try to package their two picks to trade for the No. 1.

As deep as this draft is, I don't foresee any MVP type players(i.e. Ogwumike, Griner, Moore, Delle Donne, etc.) in this draft. So trading two potentially very good players for one very good player might not be best (DeSheilds & Mitchell for Wilson?).

UK1996

PostPosted: 09/06/17 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suggested Howard, to Atlanta, but they can have Breland if we can have Howard. I'm mixed on Cappie, I wouldn't mind keeping her as a backup and for depth, but it wouldn't be the end of the road if she left either. If I have my way Chicago will get Wilson and Gabbie Williams.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I suggested Howard, to Atlanta, but they can have Breland if we can have Howard. I'm mixed on Cappie, I wouldn't mind keeping her as a backup and for depth, but it wouldn't be the end of the road if she left either. If I have my way Chicago will get Wilson and Gabbie Williams.

THIS, would be my early birthday present if the Sky draft both of those players. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/06/17 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky win the lottery and use their other pick on Mitchell or Williams(depending on the pick). Dallas trades to get Indiana's pick to land DeShields.

#1. Chicago - A. Wilson
#2. San Antonio - G. Williams
#3. Dallas(via Indiana) - D. DeShields
#4. Chicago - K. Mitchell

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/07/17 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think luck turns around for the Sky they win the lottery draft Wilson and draft G. Williams with their other pick. Chicago is a decent team for a non 3 point shooting wing as their guards and Center can both shoot them.

And they get Faulkner back, and bring in Coates

Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Pondexter
Copper/G. Williams/Hooper
Wilson/Breland/Parker or Bulgak
Dolson/Coates

Copper plays minutes at the 2 and 3 so Gabby can get more minutes coming off the bench at first.
Hooper gets to stay because of her 3 point shooting. Bulgak and Parker fight for the last spot.

Crap that looks really good.

bullsky

PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky are in a great position.

Coates is a clear roster booster, especially considering we will get her after a year overseas.

Worst case scenario, I still think we get some strong players at picks 3 and 4 - hopefully a guard and an athletic PF.

Harris and Epps are easy cuts. Not particularly tied to Parker. Hooper, Bulgak and Graves all had a late season audition. Will be interesting to see how they progress.

Totally forgot about Ndour. She would be a solid player.

Thank god Faulkner is coming back. She and Sloot will be the best PG tandem in the league.

I'm okay with letting Breland go. I know people like her and she's nice, but she's too streaky.

PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, look at our beautiful new home! DePaul installed their courts last night. The arena looks gorgeous. I love that one side of the building is completely glass, with the city sights in the background. Can't help but be excited about this new arena.

PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta could use Breland.

sigur3

PostPosted: 09/12/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/even-after-missing-playoffs-sky-have-reasons-for-optimism/

Quote:
Not only do the Sky own their own lottery pick in the 2018 draft, they have Atlanta’s after the trade that sent Tamera Young and Imani Boyette to the Dream. To go with the two high picks in what’s expected to be a deep draft, the Sky figure to have Vandersloot back — after she set a league record by averaging 8.1 assists per game — and should see the debut next year of Alaina Coates, the 2017 No. 2 overall pick who didn’t play this season because of an ankle injury.

Quote:
“In order for us to get off to a great start next year, we can’t constantly try to reinvent the wheel,” coach Amber Stocks told the media after the Sky’s 85-80 season-ending loss to Seattle. “I’m specifically going to [look for] great players who will play well with Kahleah [Copper], players who will play well with Courtney, players who will play within our system, the same system that has allowed us to set a WNBA record for assists in a single season. We’re not building an All-Star team here. We’re building a championship team, and we need players that will complement the team.”

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/12/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/even-after-missing-playoffs-sky-have-reasons-for-optimism/

Quote:
Not only do the Sky own their own lottery pick in the 2018 draft, they have Atlanta’s after the trade that sent Tamera Young and Imani Boyette to the Dream. To go with the two high picks in what’s expected to be a deep draft, the Sky figure to have Vandersloot back — after she set a league record by averaging 8.1 assists per game — and should see the debut next year of Alaina Coates, the 2017 No. 2 overall pick who didn’t play this season because of an ankle injury.

Quote:
“In order for us to get off to a great start next year, we can’t constantly try to reinvent the wheel,” coach Amber Stocks told the media after the Sky’s 85-80 season-ending loss to Seattle. “I’m specifically going to [look for] great players who will play well with Kahleah [Copper], players who will play well with Courtney, players who will play within our system, the same system that has allowed us to set a WNBA record for assists in a single season. We’re not building an All-Star team here. We’re building a championship team, and we need players that will complement the team.”

I wish Chicago all the success they can achieve next year. The Chicago fans deserve a winning season and a championship run.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/12/17 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“In order for us to get off to a great start next year, we can’t constantly try to reinvent the wheel,” coach Amber Stocks told the media after the Sky’s 85-80 season-ending loss to Seattle

Can't think of what she is referring to other than playing Dolson at the 4 and trading two rotation players mid-season. She was forced to play Pondexter at point guard and someone else at the 2 when Vandersloot and Quigley were still in Europe.

Notable that she mentioned Copper and Vandersloot, and not the two players selected for the all-star game. Copper only played 20 minutes or more in 6 games this year. Her average was 14.3 mpg with 10 starts. But she did get 17, 18 and 21 points in the late season games when she got 26, 27 and 30 minutes of playing time.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/01/17 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makayla Epps update

http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/diallo-expected-to-shoulder-the-load/article_24f4dd51-de57-511f-9512-63acb7b00f72.html

Quote:
Former Kentucky star Makayla Epps is going to have a big weekend Dec. 15-16.

First, she’ll graduate from UK on Dec. 15. She's at Kentucky this semester finishing her degree. Rather than go overseas to play after her first WNBA season with Chicago, she opted to stay in Kentucky to finish her degree. Her plan remains to go overseas in January to play until the WNBA season starts again.

On Dec. 16 she will have her high school jersey retired at Marion County. She led the Knights to a 39-0 record and 2013 state high school championship — the first time a team had won the title with a perfect record since 1984. She was named Miss Basketball and Gatorade Player of the Year after averaging 23 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 4.3 steals per gam. She finished her prep career with over 3,300 points.

Her jersey will be retired during a doubleheader against Campbellsville.

“It’s going to be quite a weekend,” Angie Mattingly, Epps’ mother, said. “We’re really excited about both events that weekend.”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 12/01/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alaina Coates is healthy, graduating and getting ready for her first WNBA season

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article187658898.html

Quote:
After months of rehab and time off the court, Alaina Coates is set to return to competitive basketball ... as soon as she collects her college degree.

Quote:
According to Coates, the ankle injury that abruptly curtailed her senior season at USC and kept her from making her professional debut this past summer is healed.

I’m done with rehabbing,” Coates said. “I’ve been cleared for a couple months now. ... It’s been doing really good. I’ll go out, I’ll play pickup games, get in the gym. It feels like it did before I injured it.”

Quote:
On Friday, Coates said she made the decision not to play overseas because of “a complication in regard to when I was going to leave.” Instead, she stayed close to her hometown of Irmo and finished the academic portion of her college career.

“I just decided I was going to finish up, get my degree and then just take the time before when training camp starts and just keep honing my craft and doing what I needed to do in the gym, workouts and all that stuff, so I could be an instant go for the WNBA season.”

Quote:
Since then, Coates said she has focused on getting stronger in the gym and completing her degree in sociology, so much so that she hasn’t had time to follow the current South Carolina women’s team all that closely. She said she will graduate on Dec. 18.

Quote:
Training camp for the WNBA begins in April, and Coates indicated that between now and then, she will likely be in the public eye a lot more often than she has been.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/03/17 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm nothing about chicago...and as we all concluded no overseas for her. She has the opportunity to be the 1st.player ever to be drafted twice!

PostPosted: 12/03/17 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She'd be dumb to not sign with Chicago. I doubt she'd be a lottery pick in 2018, so she'd lose money depending on how far down she gets drafted.

sigur3

PostPosted: 12/03/17 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hmm nothing about chicago...and as we all concluded no overseas for her. She has the opportunity to be the 1st.player ever to be drafted twice!

There were several Chicago references in that article:

Quote:
Coates, the former South Carolina women’s basketball great, made her first public remarks in several months Friday, signing autographs and posing for pictures with several dozen fans at a Chick-fil-A while wearing a shirt featuring the team that picked her second overall in the WNBA draft nearly eight months ago, the Chicago Sky.

Quote:
“Playing pickup is one thing, but actually being able to go out there with my future teammates and do something now, it’s real exciting,” Coates said. “(Chicago) flew me out to a couple of games, and just sitting there, not being able to play, it was hard, but I’m just really excited to get started.”

I wouldn't worry about her not signing...

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/03/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

There were several Chicago references in that article:

Quote:
Coates, the former South Carolina women’s basketball great, made her first public remarks in several months Friday, signing autographs and posing for pictures with several dozen fans at a Chick-fil-A while wearing a shirt featuring the team that picked her second overall in the WNBA draft nearly eight months ago, the Chicago Sky.

Quote:
“Playing pickup is one thing, but actually being able to go out there with my future teammates and do something now, it’s real exciting,” Coates said. “(Chicago) flew me out to a couple of games, and just sitting there, not being able to play, it was hard, but I’m just really excited to get started.”

I wouldn't worry about her not signing...

The people that keep on harping on the fantasy that Coates is going to enter the 2018 draft are stuck on stupid and are waiting for dumb to come.

PostPosted: 12/04/17 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Sky Open House RSVP

Date: Sunday, December 17, 2017

Time: 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM

http://sky.wnba.com/rsvp/

Shades

PostPosted: 12/19/17 2:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
[Coates] said she liked Chicago, as long as it wasn’t raining and windy, and remains thankful she doesn’t have to live there in the winter.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article190413554.html

tfan

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: