RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/03/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've already been criticized for saying this, but I'll say it again. I'm glad that the Liberty won't have to face Phoenix in a do-or-die game next Sunday. Could Washington beat us? Yes. Could Dallas beat us? Yes. (They came within an inch of doing so today.) Could Seattle beat us? Yes. But of the four options, a do-or-die game vs. Phoenix is the one I liked the least.

PostPosted: 09/03/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow the 3 seed. When we were 12-12 I was predicting 18-16 with the 6 seed.

I still hate that a 3 seed who ended the season on a 10 game winning streak can have their playoffs end in 40 minutes with a bad night but it is what it is.

TBH For anyone to win the championship who isn't the 1 or 2 seed they pretty much have to beat both LA and Minn barring a miracle upset so it didn't matter to me who we faced. I think we match up slightly better with Minn but I think beating wither 3 out of 5 time will be a challenge.

I'm glad we did so well, but kind of wish we weren't going to be drafting at #10 next year. I can see the players I like the most getting snatched up 6-9. 5. Sea Russell/Turner 6. Dal Russell/Turner 7. PX Billings 8. Was Nared 9. Conn Nurse 10. NY (I'm still rooting for Canada if all my other favs are off the board, but guessing it will be Vivians, Atkins or S. Thomas) come on early entries.

Still very happy with how the season played out, LETS GO LIBERTY!

LibFan25

PostPosted: 09/03/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Wow the 3 seed. When we were 12-12 I was predicting 18-16 with the 6 seed.

I still hate that a 3 seed who ended the season on a 10 game winning streak can have their playoffs end in 40 minutes with a bad night but it is what it is.

TBH For anyone to win the championship who isn't the 1 or 2 seed they pretty much have to beat both LA and Minn barring a miracle upset so it didn't matter to me who we faced. I think we match up slightly better with Minn but I think beating wither 3 out of 5 time will be a challenge.

I'm glad we did so well, but kind of wish we weren't going to be drafting at #10 next year. I can see the players I like the most getting snatched up 6-9. 5. Sea Russell/Turner 6. Dal Russell/Turner 7. PX Billings 8. Was Nared 9. Conn Nurse 10. NY (I'm still rooting for Canada if all my other favs are off the board, but guessing it will be Vivians, Atkins or S. Thomas) come on early entries.

Still very happy with how the season played out, LETS GO LIBERTY!

you're not the only one Spoon, im kinda bummed about it as well but i love my team and i want to see them doing well. especailly a player like Charles who deserve it, i want her to win a championship so bad but i don't know if we have enuff to do it, i hope im wrong

i think Nared and Nurse will still be on the board at 10th pick, and you never know if Bill really likes someone they will try and trade to move up

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Champion; Longtime Pro Joins 49ers’ Hoops Staff

Quote:
"Tanisha is someone I've known for a long time," Consuegra said. "I couldn't be more thrilled to bring in someone that I've known for so long.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Quote:
"Tanisha is someone I've known for a long time," Consuegra said. "I couldn't be more thrilled to bring in someone that I've known for so long.

Love T. Hope coaching goes well for her.

- Amanda Gorman
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 09/06/17 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

congrats T!!!

toad455

PostPosted: 09/06/17 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Quote:

I have to assume Wright is retired from playing. I just can't see Laimbeer keeping a roster spot open for her next season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/06/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tanisha Wright had a terrific WNBA career. It's sad to realize that she'll never play again for the Liberty, but I've assumed that ever since the news that she wouldn't be on the team this season. Wright should be an outstanding coach and I hope one day she'll be the coach of the Liberty.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Leilani Mitchell tonight against Seattle: 31 minutes, 4 for 9 on field goals, 3 for 6 on 3-pointers (one of them a crucial shot right near the end), four rebounds, 3 assists, 17 points, and a plus/minus of +15 (best on the team).

Last edited by Bob Lamm on 09/06/17 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Leilani Mitchell tonight against Seattle: 31 minutes, 4 for 9 on field goals (one of them a crucial shot right near the end), 3 for 6 on 3-pointers, four rebounds, 3 assists, 17 points, and a plus/minus of +15 (best on the team).

yeah, we love our FLB. Too bad LFO didn't.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look on the bright side. You may not have FLB, but at least NY is still working on the 2017 thread and not the 2018 thread.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Look on the bright side. You may not have FLB, but at least NY is still working on the 2017 thread and not the 2018 thread.

lol.

I loved FLB when she was here in NY, happy she's playing well in Phoenix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80
Page 80 of 80

Jump to: