RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/01/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Playoff tickets for the second round game at the Garden on Sept. 10th are now available through the Liberty website or, I suspect, through Ticketmaster.

PostPosted: 09/01/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Recent story about a man saved by Charles' foundation. Not sure if Tina has actually given her entire salary every year. I heard it was 100% in 2016, but 50% in 2015 and 2017. Regardless, she's still very generous.

https://sports.yahoo.com/wnba-star-saved-life-man-never-met-212426292.html

He came to Liberty practice to meet Tina

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYghhNPgeZK/

PostPosted: 09/01/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The September 17th game, if the Libs make it there, will be played at Westchester County Center. It's a 5000 seat arena where the Westchester Knicks play. Anybody ever been there? Comments?

PostPosted: 09/01/17 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
The September 17th game, if the Libs make it there, will be played at Westchester County Center. It's a 5000 seat arena where the Westchester Knicks play. Anybody ever been there? Comments?

It's in White Plains. I think I was there decades ago. I remember nothing. Metro North runs from Grand Central to White Plains. I don't know if the Westchester County Center is within walking distance of the Metro North station. Perhaps someone else does.

Many trains from Grand Central to White Plains take about 35 minutes. Some take 50 to 60 minutes. It depends on whether they're making lots of local stops.

PostPosted: 09/01/17 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

i've been there, 10-15 minute drive from my crib depending on traffic.

i will be there, if anybody takes a bus, take the 20 bee line it will drop you off right there

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/01/17 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the arena, the station is nearby:

Quote:
MTA INFO

Walking from train to County Center:
Once on the Station Platform, walk in the direction of the front car of your train.
Take the last exit stairwell (located on the left side of the platform).
Make a left at the bottom of the stairs.
Walk through a very short, well-lit tunnel.
Go right upon exiting the tunnel.
Walk on the path (Metro North to your right, parking lot to your left).
You will see the County Center ahead and to your left.
Walk to the main County Center Parking Lot.
Walk through the parking lot.
At the traffic light, cross the street to the County Center.

Trains from Grand Central to White Plains Station vary from 36 to 55 minutes. $18.50 roundtrip off-peak.

PostPosted: 09/01/17 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
NEW YORK, Sept. 1, 2017 – The WNBA and TIDAL, the global music and entertainment service, will livestream the first basketball event on the platform with the 2017 regular-season finale between the New York Liberty and the Dallas Wings on Sunday, Sept. 3 at 2 p.m. ET.

The groundbreaking video livestream will be available free to all fans on TIDAL.com/WNBA and the TIDAL App.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/01/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Westchester?? seriously?? Guess I won't be making that one.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/01/17 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, selling it out won't be a problem.

(now with spelling variations)
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/01/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Recent story about a man saved by Charles' foundation. Not sure if Tina has actually given her entire salary every year. I heard it was 100% in 2016, but 50% in 2015 and 2017. Regardless, she's still very generous.

https://sports.yahoo.com/wnba-star-saved-life-man-never-met-212426292.html

He came to Liberty practice to meet Tina

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYghhNPgeZK/

Such a beautiful story!!

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/01/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carolyn Swords is in the history books! Sue Bird broke the WNBA's career record for assists tonight with a looping backdoor pass to Swords for an uncontested layup.

What a wonderful achievement by the great Sue Bird.

PostPosted: 09/01/17 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Carolyn Swords is in the history books! Sue Bird broke the WNBA's career record for assists tonight with a looping backdoor pass to Swords for an uncontested layup.

What a wonderful achievement by the great Sue Bird.

Yes for Carolyn!!! And Bird, too!! Wink

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/01/17 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well. I kinda can't believe it. I figured 4th could happen if certain things fell into place with NY's schedule advantage the past month over DC. However, I didn't expect to be in third on September 1st. If that holds up, several interesting scenarios present themselves.

Sunday now has quite a bit of meaning. Minnesota and LA will still be playing for 1/2 assuming LA holds a huge lead over Atlanta. This in turn means Washington and CT will be up against teams playing for something. If Phoenix beats Atlanta, which they probably will, they could pass DC for the 5 spot. They would if D.C. loses. Dallas is locked in 7th now, which is good for NY because Dallas will probably not be playing its main players 30+ minutes on Sunday.

In a scenario where it's:

3) NY
4) CT
5) PHX
6) DC
7) DAL
Cool SEA

That's looking like the best possible scenario for NY. They'd get the lowest seed to advance. Seattle on a good day could certainly beat us, but it'd beat trying to match up to Phoenix. And any way you slice it, you'd generally want the lowest seed possible to match to, which is what we are now in position to do.

PostPosted: 09/02/17 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the last games, I'm guessing and say Washington & Connecticut lose. Liberty end up the #3 seed. The first round will be:

#8 Seattle @ #5 Phoenix
#7 Dallas @ #6 Washington

Phoenix should beat Seattle. Which will give the Liberty the Washington/Dallas winner. I wouldn't take either team for granted, but I'd rather face either one of them than Seattle.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/02/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FYI, Liberty playoff game on September 10 is at 5pm. Though Ticketmaster hasn't updated the game to include the time yet.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/02/17 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
FYI, Liberty playoff game on September 10 is at 5pm. Though Ticketmaster hasn't updated the game to include the time yet.

Thanks for posting this.

PostPosted: 09/02/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Looking at the last games, I'm guessing and say Washington & Connecticut lose. Liberty end up the #3 seed. The first round will be:

#8 Seattle @ #5 Phoenix
#7 Dallas @ #6 Washington

Phoenix should beat Seattle. Which will give the Liberty the Washington/Dallas winner. I wouldn't take either team for granted, but I'd rather face either one of them than Seattle.

more importantly...Libs avoid phx with a win tomorrow...I believe BELIEVE (have to permutate) that Dallas is locked into 7 cannot get home court...which means they have actually less to play for but who knows...rest important too we'll see what we do

PostPosted: 09/02/17 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix owns tiebreaker over Dallas. Dallas is locked in 7th.

PostPosted: 09/03/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there anyone anywhere who thought that the 12-12 Liberty would run the table and finish 22-12?

I thought some Liberty fans here were way too optimistic a few weeks ago when they spoke of finishing with the #4 seed. I saw no way New York could finish 4th. And they didn't. Smile I'm stunned. What a great job by Bill Laimbeer, the coaching staff, and the players to win these 10 games. Yeh, they weren't all pretty, including today over Dallas. Doesn't bother me a bit.

But I hope, I so hope, that the Liberty don't have to try to win playoff games despite Sugar Rodgers shooting 0-7.

PostPosted: 09/03/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I surely didn't see them at 22-12. I was hoping they'd get the #5 seed and finish 18-14. That CON/LA/MIN streak was the biggest surprise. Charles was a beast these past 10 games. Their defense was outstanding. L. Allen was critical in these wins, too. Without her, we'd have Prince or Zellous running PG. my only concern during this is Sugar. Her shot just isn't there and it's concerning going into the playoffs. Very happy to get the #3 and will be eagerly awaiting the game at MSG next Sunday. I'm hoping we don't face Phoenix.

davisballer5

PostPosted: 09/03/17 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's been a lot of talk as to who most Libs fans want to play in our first round matchup but I'm curious to hear if most fans prefer to play LA or Minnesota in the semi-finals?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/03/17 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point my mind is almost exclusively on Sunday. If we win, each team presents unique obstacles. Right now I just want to get there. We've come up a game short of a best of 5 each of the last two years.

PostPosted: 09/03/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

davisballer5 wrote:
There's been a lot of talk as to who most Libs fans want to play in our first round matchup but I'm curious to hear if most fans prefer to play LA or Minnesota in the semi-finals?

Minnesota just because of their age. I think the Liberty will be able to run better vs. the Lynx. But it appears both will win tonight, so we'd end up facing LA in the semis.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/03/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least it looks like Phoenix will win and Mystics will lose tonight. So we'll avoid the Mercury on Sunday.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/03/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep. Phoenix is about to win. I like the scenario.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 79 of 80

Jump to: