Sparks
72%
 72%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 22

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 08/27/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Lobo says she gives 4 teams a chance at the title- these 2 plus NY and CT.

The top 4 seeds. What a gutsy call.

Typical Lobo #yawn

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/27/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Lobo says she gives 4 teams a chance at the title- these 2 plus NY and CT.

Nah.

Only LA and MINN have a shot, imo.

Both Connecticut & New York are capable of beating Minnesota & LA. And we still don't know if Whalen will be ready to go come the semis.

Besides the numerous people that have said she is returning for the playoffs?

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/27/17 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Attendance: 19,282

Cheers to LA fans for showing up and showing out!

their last home game always gets a huge crowd. Has been like that since Magic took over. Curious if it's just because of the opponent, is their some type of theme for the final home game or maybe just a lot of freebees?

Other than the game being against Minny, for the last three seasons the last home game is the Sparks 'We are Women' game. At halftime various ladies were celebrated for their work in the community. Hip hop legend MC Lyte also performed at halftime. As I mentioned before, AC Green and Russell Westbrook was at Staples, as well as President Boarders, Vivica Fox and Lakers rookie Kyle Kuzma. Great crowd. Great victory. Hope LA finishes the season strong. After tonight's game, I'll be very upset if Beard doesn't win the DPOY award.

PostPosted: 08/27/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd give both NY and CT slim chances to win in the semis. With NY having a slightly better chance because they have veteran experience. If I'm a Minny fan I'm not all that concerned because the team has been dominant with Whalen. If NY plays Minnesota, the physical strength of the Lynx would make them a favorite to wear NY down over 5 games.

However, tonight wasn't sterling at all. Sloppy with the ball and aging players looking their age. The Lynx have a reg season swoon every year and then make the finals though. I doubt this year is different as long as they stay healthy.

Hoping my team can win its one and done game and just compete hard in a best of 5. Every once in awhile the more talented team doesn't win, though it's a rare occurrence in basketball.

PostPosted: 08/27/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Beard out there putting on a clinic.

She's so fucking good. I still can't wrap my head around how she keeps getting better defensively as she enters her mid-30s. Look at the shape she's in!

I wouldn't mind her hanging around a couple more years. She has a lot to teach to youngsters like Odyssey, Riquna, Sydney, etc., and it's not as if my preferred method of teaching---the Vulcan Mind Touch---is actually available to humans.

X ____________ Cool

PostPosted: 08/27/17 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
After tonight's game, I'll be very upset if Beard doesn't win the DPOY award.

me too.

PostPosted: 08/27/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Beard out there putting on a clinic.
It was fun to watch that defense performance.If she doesn't win DPOY I'm rioting.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/27/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Maya creating off the dribble is no bueno
Yeah I agree as great as her is her ball handling leave much to desire.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/27/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker was just crazy good tonight on both ends. If that's the CP LA is getting in the playoffs I like our chances go forward.She was getting points steals rebounds tonight if she doesn't make the Wnba all first team again Brian should go off.

Sims is good.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
if she doesn't make the Wnba all first team again Brian should go off.

I wish he would go off so he can pick up his 7th technical Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/27/17 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Shades"]
Libra_Girl wrote:

There's no way Beard doesn't make the Wnba all defensive first team. We'll riot for sure if she doesn't get her respect. There's not one better defender on the perimeter in the league than AB. I think it's time the DPOY award gets awarded to a guard, and one is more deserving than Beard, she's even made Sims and Gray better defenders. Beard played exceptional defense on Maya today. GO AB. GO LA. GO SPARKS. LOL

PostPosted: 08/28/17 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beard is absolutely winning DPOY. She's electric out there.

So proud of Chesea Gray. Playing her whole game now. Love it when she jukes and bulls her way into the rack. Chelsea and Odyssey becoming the premier backcourt in the W - with Beard, showing how defense starts at the top.

~rAf
willtalk

PostPosted: 08/28/17 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Beard is absolutely winning DPOY. She's electric out there.

So proud of Chesea Gray. Playing her whole game now. Love it when she jukes and bulls her way into the rack. Chelsea and Odyssey becoming the premier backcourt in the W - with Beard, showing how defense starts at the top.

" Bully" is what Theodore Roosevelt uttered when ask to describe Chelsea's game

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/28/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="hangtyme24"]
Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

There's no way Beard doesn't make the Wnba all defensive first team. We'll riot for sure if she doesn't get her respect. There's not one better defender on the perimeter in the league than AB. I think it's time the DPOY award gets awarded to a guard, and one is more deserving than Beard, she's even made Sims and Gray better defenders. Beard played exceptional defense on Maya today. GO AB. GO LA. GO SPARKS. LOL
I was talking about Parker and all wnba first team. There's no way Beard doesnt make all defensive team. I agree you can tell Sims and Gray have been learning from AB. Im still not over that block on Jones.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/29/17 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Libra_Girl"]
hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

I was talking about Parker and all wnba first team. There's no way Beard doesnt make all defensive team. I agree you can tell Sims and Gray have been learning from AB. Im still not over that block on Jones.

Parker is going to beat out Fowles, Charles, Griner, Jones (and Stewart)?. I dont think so.. IMO she doesnt deserve to be all wnba first team because others at that position have had better seasons then her.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 08/29/17 3:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Parker is going to beat out Fowles, Charles, Griner, Jones (and Stewart)?. I dont think so.. IMO she doesnt deserve to be all wnba first team because others at that position have had better seasons then her.

Parker will make the 1st team,and most likely win mvp.She has the name recognition,and is a media favorite.Parker's also peaking at the right time.Gray,Ogwumike,Beard,and Sims(last 8 gms)have been just as valuable as Parker this season.However,Parker is the face of the franchise,and best offensive player on the team.So she's going to get most of the credit.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/29/17 3:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Parker will make the 1st team,and most likely win mvp.She has the name recognition,and is a media favorite.Parker's also peaking at the right time.Gray,Ogwumike,Beard,and Sims(last 8 gms)have been just as valuable as Parker this season.However,Parker is the face of the franchise,and best offensive player on the team.So she's going to get most of the credit.

Sparks are nothing without Parker.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Sparks are nothing without Parker.

Parker's one of the top 6 players in the wnba,but lets not diminish the value of her teammates.Nneka is the reigning mvp.Gray is a top 5 pg.Gray's percentages across the board are better than Parkers.She also has the better a/t ratio.Beard is the best defensive player in the league.Sims is a legit 15p/4a player,and a very good defender on top of it.Lavender could put up 14/8 if she was starting.

If you took the best player off of every team.LA would be the 1st/2nd best team in the league.

G-Gray
G-Sims
C-Lavender
F-Ogwumike
F-Beard

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/29/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Michelle89"]
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

The only one who is having a better season is Fowles. Parker is putting up same if not similar stats to Charles Jones Griner. She deserves to be on first all wnba team so else is top 10 in points assist rebound. Since we are talking about all first team Sloot should be on it too.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Libra_Girl"]
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

The only one who is having a better season is Fowles. Parker is putting up same if not similar stats to Charles Jones Griner. She deserves to be on first all wnba team so else is top 10 in points assist rebound. Since we are talking about all first team Sloot should be on it too.

Similar numbers what are you talking about? She is 10th in scoring and this is 3rd lowest scoring season. You can make a case that Nneka's numbers are better..

Griner 21,2 pts 7,7 rebounds 57 FG %
Charles 19,9 ts 9,1 rebounds 44,8 FG %
Stewart 19,8 pts 8,6 rebounds 47,9 FG%
Fowles 19,4 pts 10,4 rebounds 65,3 FG%

Nneka 18,9 pts 7,9 rebounds 55,3 FG%

Parker 17,1 pts 8,4 rebounds 4,3 assists 47,9 FG%

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/29/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

Similar numbers what are you talking about? She is 10th in scoring and this is 3rd lowest scoring season. You can make a case that Nneka's numbers are better..

I like how you did not include Nnekas Assist average though ! Laughing Yea you have a case I guess Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/30/17 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

I like how you did not include Nnekas Assist average though ! Laughing Yea you have a case I guess Rolling Eyes

I only mentioned the assists for Parker and not for everybody else including Nneka. Parkers assists play a role in your case for her being the MVP so thats why i mentioned it in my post. So you can choose if you think those assists make up for the pts, rebounds and FG % difference with Fowles (and the rest).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: