76%  [ 13 ]
Stars
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I don't like seeing this fraud Becky Hammon commercial over and over. She wasn't called by colleges who told her that she was too short.

Your proof?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did something happen to Syl's mask or did someone hit it to cause her to take it off in the middle of the play? Confused

tfan

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
tfan wrote:
I don't like seeing this fraud Becky Hammon commercial over and over. She wasn't called by colleges who told her that she was too short or too slow.

Your proof?

The proof is needed by Hammon. Colleges don't call back people that they didn't recruit who somehow contacted them and tell them things they don't like about them. And who told her after college - where she was a first team All-American - that she wasn't good enough to play in the pros? Some guys in her dorm?

Last edited by tfan on 08/25/17 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rebkell better stop sleeping on Howard....Phoe,Atl, and NY should all throw max contracts at Natasha.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
tfan wrote:
I don't like seeing this fraud Becky Hammon commercial over and over. She wasn't called by colleges who told her that she was too short.

Your proof?

The proof is needed by Hammon. Colleges don't call back people that they didn't recruit who somehow contacted them and tell them things they don't like about them. And who told her after college - where she was a first team All-American - that she wasn't good enough to play in the pros? Some guys in her dorm?

I'm going to tend to believe Hammon over a basement dweller. How do you know that colleges didn't call her back? Are you saying you are/were a college coach who recruits?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Rebkell better stop sleeping on Howard....Phoe,Atl, and NY should all throw max contracts at Natasha.

With Pierson retiring, she should be staying with us. They can give us something good in a sign and trade if they are desperate.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Why would she want to leave with Pierson retiring and Brunson getting there?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
MNfan22

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Did something happen to Syl's mask or did someone hit it to cause her to take it off in the middle of the play? Confused

Yes, listening to John Focke on the radio and he said she was slow to come off the court, looking like she was hit in the face again. Trainer was looking at her. She seems ok now.

On a side note, Focke says the team will take a bus to Dallas after the game in hopes of flying out of Dallas to LA in the morning.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why would she want to leave with Pierson retiring and Brunson getting there?

Coach Reeve has been very stingy in giving Howard minutes,and has shown a lack of confidence in her.Reeve experimented with moving Howard to SF.Natasha's only getting playing time because Brunson is injured.Howard played less than 10 minutes in 9 of 12 games prior to the seattle game where Brunson got hurt.I also wouldn't put it pass Reeve to go out and sign another veteran post player.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/25/17 8:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Yes, listening to John Focke on the radio and he said she was slow to come off the court, looking like she was hit in the face again. Trainer was looking at her. She seems ok now.

On a side note, Focke says the team will take a bus to Dallas after the game in hopes of flying out of Dallas to LA in the morning.

That's what I thought. She didn't seem to get back on defense, so I assumed she got hit. Glad that she is okay.

Hopefully they stay safe.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/25/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
tfan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
tfan wrote:

Your proof?

I'm going to tend to believe Hammon over a basement dweller. How do you know that colleges didn't call her back? Are you saying you are/were a college coach who recruits?

It doesn't pass the smell test and someone who had been a high school coach on the college board said that normally coaches don't respond to unsolicited high school players and if they do they just say that they have filled their slots.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 08/25/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

That's what I thought. She didn't seem to get back on defense, so I assumed she got hit. Glad that she is okay.

Hopefully they stay safe.

Lets hope she's ok. Don't want the hits to the face to be causing headaches or worse concussion issues.

As for the game, nice to see the team defense holding pretty solid. Great mins in back to back games for the younger reserves off the bench. Howard, Jones & Fagbenle all being productive with their time. Loving seeing Maya more patient and not rushing as many shots. The more in control she is the better her offense. Anyway nice team win. On to LA Arrow

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did someone say Harrison is better than Howard? I don't see it ,Howard would start and be a boost to the Stars front court.
I'd hate to lose Howard but getting a pg for the future like Jefferson is a must for the Lynx next season.

Jefferson for Howard and Jones.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
And they will still report 5-6000 tomorrow Laughing . Theirs most likely not even 5K people left in San Antonio after the evacuation orders started smh

toad455

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least it didn't look empty. But I'd guess and say 2,000.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 08/26/17 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Did someone say Harrison is better than Howard? I don't see it ,Howard would start and be a boost to the Stars front court.
I'd hate to lose Howard but getting a pg for the future like Jefferson is a must for the Lynx next season.

Jefferson for Howard and Jones.

+1

Minnesota should trade Howard & Jones for a legit starting pg.Then trade their 2018 1st rd pick & Fagbenie for Lanhorne.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/26/17 4:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reported Attendance:7950

Randy

PostPosted: 08/26/17 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow - they upped the number in the box score done right after the game.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 08/26/17 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the weather maps, it looks like they were away from danger for the most part, but has anyone seen anything indicating that they all made it out safely?

zune69

PostPosted: 08/26/17 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Wnba attendance numbers have always been fugazi.I wouldn't be surprised if the real paid ticket league average is below 5k.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Gotta make that home finale number look good!

toad455

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Wnba attendance numbers have always been fugazi.I wouldn't be surprised if the real paid ticket league average is below 5k.

Gotta get that league average up however possible. Always happens at towards the end of the season.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/27/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Gotta get that league average up however possible. Always happens at towards the end of the season.

Interesting note about the attendance number getting changed. With that change, the Stars finish at [+1] from last year's average. Coincidence? Doubtful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: