RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jamie Nared says Tennessee has a completely different feel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 08/26/17 4:34 pm    ::: Jamie Nared says Tennessee has a completely different feel Reply Reply with quote

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2017/08/26/jamie-nared-says-lady-vols-have-completely-different-feel/600120001/

LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/26/17 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really excited to watch Nared play in her Senior Season, i've become such of fan of hers last year. she had alot of big games against top teams

Leadership will be key for Nared's success and beyond, WNBA scouts will be watching.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad for the LVs that the shit tude/s are gone.

I feel bad for the WNBA team that will grab the fool's gold next draft.

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I honestly wish the team well but it seems like we read this sort of thing every summer. Usually it comes from the head coach.

For 3 years she was at Tenn whenever someone posted a suggestion that DD's attitude was poison or that there were divisions in the program the OGS crowd from Knoxville jumped up to deny the suggestion, extole all the good that DD brought to the program and characterize the poster as a hater. And now, after all the shit hit the fan over Cooper and DD's reversal on her pledge to stay another year both have been tossed under the bus by the bulk of the fanbase. Now the air has been cleaned, the program's future is bright and everyone is on the same page.

Quote:
Warlick’s recruiting success has renewed team talk of being a Final Four contender (the last Final Four appearance was 2008), and Nared says the change in perspective is evident throughout the team.

Contrast this with an actual final four contender like UConn with a comparable freshman class. Those freshmen will fight for scrap minutes while Tenn is dreaming about their freshmen being an integral part of their hopes for a final four. Reality is that they have 2 players with talent and experience (albeit senior AA candidates) on the team. Other than that the next experienced player is Meme Jackson, who averaged 4.5 pts in 15min/gm.

The LV's have become "the team that cried FF". Every year they talk about FF's. One day they will actually have the talent, experience and cohesiveness to actual make it there. And no one will believe them.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/27/17 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
The LV's have become "the team that cried FF". Every year they talk about FF's. One day they will actually have the talent, experience and cohesiveness to actual make it there. And no one will believe them.

Hmmm. I dunno....are they "crying FF" more than any other team? I mean, the *expectation* has been louder for them than many teams, but I'm not certain THEY'RE projecting it any harder than the other wannabe contenders. And after all....when you're part of a program with such a legacy, it's the least you can do: shoot for the top!

PostPosted: 08/27/17 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maturity of freshmen can happen fast or slow..Maryland Terrapins 2006 was a prime example. Stewie finally getting at the Final Four made a huge difference. At this point..the Lady Vols can realistically play with some fire as opposed to having Diva Shields on the court trying to ball hog and make it all about her.

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One quote I like is from Dunbar. “I wouldn't say it’s hard incorporating them because of their experience,” said Dunbar. “They’ve played USA basketball. They went to the Jordan Brand Classic. They’ve seen the top of the top already. When they jumped in, they just hit the head rolling. I’ve come in at eight, nine, 10 o’clock at night and I see Evina Westbrook putting up shots. I see Annie in there and Rennia. With them coming in shooting late-time shots, getting reps in already, I’m excited for them to jump in.”

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/27/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
One quote I like is from Dunbar. “I wouldn't say it’s hard incorporating them because of their experience,” said Dunbar. “They’ve played USA basketball. They went to the Jordan Brand Classic. They’ve seen the top of the top already. When they jumped in, they just hit the head rolling. I’ve come in at eight, nine, 10 o’clock at night and I see Evina Westbrook putting up shots. I see Annie in there and Rennia. With them coming in shooting late-time shots, getting reps in already, I’m excited for them to jump in.”

It's all nice preseason talk, which is delivered by every coach and every player every year.

Everybody is trying to frame the upcoming season in the ways that most benefit the program, from high school to pros. But as Mike Tyson famously said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

PostPosted: 08/27/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

It's all nice preseason talk, which is delivered by every coach and every player every year.

Everybody is trying to frame the upcoming season in the ways that most benefit the program, from high school to pros. But as Mike Tyson famously said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

I think it's good seeing freshman working hard. I think these freshman want to make a statement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: