RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

RIP Jay Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 08/24/17 7:23 pm    ::: RIP Jay Thomas Reply Reply with quote

So I have noticed the deceased in these posts doesn't have to be famous. And this one isn't. But just saw an article that the guy who played Carla Tortelli's husband on Cheers just died of cancer at age 69. He was also on Murphy Brown, although I didn't watch the show. Got his acting start on Mork and Mindy after being a radio host.

Later reunited with a son he fathered in his 20's, but didn't raise. The son became a country singer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pwXpUGVOKWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KFabfnfhIaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/24/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

His character was also famously killed off on Cheers when he said on his radio program about his role, "It’s brutal. I have to kiss Rhea Perlman."

He was set to become a series regular like Bebe Neuwirth (who played Lilith), but instead his character was killed off by being run over by a Zamboni.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
His character was also famously killed off on Cheers when he said on his radio program about his role, "It’s brutal. I have to kiss Rhea Perlman."

He was set to become a series regular like Bebe Neuwirth (who played Lilith), but instead his character was killed off by being run over by a Zamboni.

Wow, that cost him a lot of money - and he did it without having access to Twitter or Facebook...

Cheers not only had a long run, it's rerun "residual" checks have to be near the top.

But I remember that "killed by a Zamboni plot" and preferred Edie LeBec to the guy who replaced him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: