View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does that mean it could be to your advantage not to get drafted Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

She could add a WNBA championship to her resume without much time or effort. What agent are we doing a favor for?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/22/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
but is she any better than Shao Ting who was their last cut and would have made the roster if they could've kept 12 players?

Yes she is better and with a lot more potential. Augustus and Perkins are getting older. Getting a wing backup for the future is a good step

She's listed as a forward. Are you saying she has guard skills?

No she wont be bringing up the ball etc. but she is a strong player that doesnt mind contact on the drives. She can backup Maya in the future and with a solid backup PG she can also play some 2 if needed

Here some highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MI94kKgJKE

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/22/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dont know if thhis was already reported but just read on ESPN...Retirement after this season. Will be sad to see her go although she is the Thug of the WNBA for many seasons

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/20398053/minnesota-lynx-plenette-pierson-retire-season Laughing

So, with Plenette Pierson retiring after this season, how many former Detroit Shock players are still playing? Or is she the last one?

PostPosted: 08/22/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zellous played for the Shock. Ivory Latta briefly played for the Detroit Shock.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/22/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

So, with Plenette Pierson retiring after this season, how many former Detroit Shock players are still playing? Or is she the last one?

Shavonte Zellous, Ivory Latta and Shay Murphy at a minimum, are all still around.

PostPosted: 08/22/17 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

Shavonte Zellous, Ivory Latta and Shay Murphy at a minimum, are all still around.

I believe that's all of them

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

She could add a WNBA championship to her resume without much time or effort. What agent are we doing a favor for?

DD listen up

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

DD listen up

How is somebody not going to draft her? Surprised

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/23/17 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.shatteredbackboard.com/2017/08/22/cecilia-zandalasini-play-lynx-wnba-playoffs/

Quote:
But to bring in a player with the skills Zandalasini basically just for a postseason run has more than a few people thinking this just doesn’t seem right.

How is a team signing a player "not right"?

PostPosted: 08/23/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
http://www.shatteredbackboard.com/2017/08/22/cecilia-zandalasini-play-lynx-wnba-playoffs/

Quote:
But to bring in a player with the skills Zandalasini basically just for a postseason run has more than a few people thinking this just doesn’t seem right.

How is a team signing a player "not right"?

First of all....

Quote:
To the point where a Chicago Sky or Dallas Wings team who goes into the postseason with a lot of momentum and plays solid basketball could feasibly beat them and end their season early.

Chicago is a lock for the playoffs? They looked suspiciously tepid in the last game.

Quote:
Yes, the Lynx are pretty banged up with Whalen out and Rebekkah Brunson dealing with a sprained ankle. And with those injures they now have the cap space to sign a player like Zandalasini, who they no doubt would have signed sooner if they could.

The injuries have nothing to do with the cap space. The Lynx went with 11 players all season and apparently they have enough cap space to sign a player for a couple of weeks. I'm skeptical how helpful even a player who did well during eurobasket can do being thrown into the deep end of the WNBA, but why is taking advantage of all your legal options considered shady?

Quote:
to just be able reach out and sign the one of the best players in Europe for the postseason seems like an unfair advantage.

Better than Torrens? How come nobody drafted her if she's so good?

Quote:
In the NBA, they created the G-League for just such situations. When a team is dealing with injuries, they go to the G-League and bring up a player up to fill the void. Maybe it’s time for the WNBA to consider creating something similar for situations just like this.

The WNBA is struggling to make money the way it is. They're supposed to finance a minor league?

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/23/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Um, who are the "some" who find this "shady"? I'm sure there may be "some" uninformed people out there, but there was nothing shady at all about signing an available player with available cap space. Richyyy predicted that the Lynx might sign someone with about 2 weeks left in the season before the season even began.

And I highly doubt this signing has anything to do with fearing Chicago or Dallas. Not to mention, he does realize that those teams would have to beat the Lynx in a 5 game series, right? While anything can happen in professional sports, I don't think that idea is keeping the Lynx up at night.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/23/17 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

DD listen up

How is somebody not going to draft her? Surprised

Well everyone here seems to think shes not going to be a good player so why even waste the draft pick right ??? Cool Cool

PostPosted: 08/23/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Will Alba ever come over ? Does Connecticut still hold her rights ? She could be the next international star in this league but i feel she has given up on the W.

PostPosted: 08/23/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zandasalini had her Jeff Van Gundy look-alike coach a little upset one day.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/23/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chantel Osahor hired as graduate assistant at Drake.

https://summitthoops.com/2017/08/23/chantel-osahor-drake-coach/

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/23/17 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Chantel Osahor hired as graduate assistant at Drake.

https://summitthoops.com/2017/08/23/chantel-osahor-drake-coach/

cool. Very Happy Just don't imitate her shooting style.

- Amanda Gorman
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

She's still relatively young, but I had hoped Chicago would pounce on her but it appears Minny beat us to the bunch.

Side note- It'll be interesting if Alba decides to join her fellow Spaniard Leticia Romero next year in Connecticut. That team would be loaded if you add those two.

Shocked

Last edited by bullsky on 08/24/17 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post.

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Zandasalini had her Jeff Van Gundy look-alike coach a little upset one day.

Adjusting to Reeve should be easy after playing for a guy like that.

I've had a change of heart on this. I say good for the Lynx to go out and find some talent instead of sitting on their tails and doing nothing or just signing one of the "usual suspects" floating around the periphery of the WNBA.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Shades wrote:

She's still relatively young, but I had hoped Chicago would pounce on her but it appears Minny beat us to the punch.

You were hoping they'd draft her because Zanda-mania seems like a very very recent phenomenon.

bullsky wrote:
Side note- It'll be interesting if Alba decides to join her fellow Spaniard Leticia Romero next year in Connecticut. That team would be loaded if you add those two.

I'm 99.9% sure that adding a Spanish team member is an idea Miller stole from the basement, but Romero isn't a prominent member of the Spanish team. I'm not sure she alone is enough to draw Torrens over. Now if they were to trade Banham for prominent Spanish team member Cruz, that might seal the deal.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not convinced Romero is good enough to make it in the WNBA. I wanted the Dream to draft her so I followed her a lot. I thought she looked pretty good in the Olympics, she just disappeared a lot in college. I don't the chemistry with her the PG on FSU was that great though. Spanish NT also takes a lot time out of seasons for real Spanish nationals so that's an issue too. I really think Romero would have a hard time making the Suns roster.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 08/24/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Romero struggled playing off the ball during her senior year, it wasn't her natural position. I'm not sure why Semrau flip-flopped her and Brittney Brown but she looked more pro ready as a Junior when she was the primary point guard.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I think Romero struggled playing off the ball during her senior year, it wasn't her natural position. I'm not sure why Semrau flip-flopped her and Brittney Brown but she looked more pro ready as a Junior when she was the primary point guard.

Yeah - she would look great one game and then be completely absent the next. I even went to a GA Tech game to watch her in person and it was one of her no shows, but I did think things just didn't go well when Brown was running the point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: