RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Which WNBA team will have most USA Olympians in 2020?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ATL
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
CHI
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CON
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
DAL
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
IND
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LAS
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
MIN
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
NYL
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
PHX
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
SAN
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
SEA
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
WAS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

Shades

PostPosted: 08/20/17 12:42 pm    ::: Which WNBA team will have most USA Olympians in 2020? Reply Reply with quote

It's highly likely that it'll be a tie between two or more teams, but having that as a choice makes for a less interesting poll. So just decide on one team.

100 day poll

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/20/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprised that LA Sparks are getting votes. Parker will be the grandmama of the W by then and her production and minutes have already been starting the decline. Nneka will be a shoe-in..but who else? Sims was in talks as the future of the league and a possible Olympian, but the diva gene got her, plus she's seemingly plateaued. Seattle will likely have Stewie and Lloyd. With Minny, Moore will be there..Fowles is in her prime right now and will likely get a legends spot regardless of production at that time. If they keep Howard, she showed in last year's exhibition that she has the potential so the Lynx could def. have three.

I guess it really depends on which youngin's bring and how many "legends" spots they reserve. I love Bird and Taurasi, but yea. Just no.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/20/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles is older than Parker. Not sure how one will still be prime while the other is the grandmama of the W.

PostPosted: 08/20/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Fowles is older than Parker. Not sure how one will still be prime while the other is the grandmama of the W.

Laughing Same way Nikki Teasley was an all world guard for the Sparks and you called her one for the most overrated Rolling Eyes logic isn't the premier quality on Rebs. The point however was that Parker has already started declining while Fowles is now in her prime. Also, pure centers (a la Taj) have shown they can still be productive well after the recommended expire date.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/20/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
pilight wrote:

:lol: Same way Nikki Teasley was an all world guard for the Sparks and you called her one for the most overrated :roll:

Hindsight would seem to suggest that 'overrated' was not an unreasonable assessment of Nikki Teasley. Or maybe you feel like 'flash in the pan' would be more accurate?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/20/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It depends on trades, drafts, and whether any of the old guard (DT, Augustus, Parker, Fowles, McCoughtry) are still in the running in 2020. Predictng the team and some landing spots.

Diggins(Dal)/C. Gray(LA)/Jefferson(Sea)
DT(PX)/Loyd(Sea)
Moore(Atl)/EDD(Was)
N. Ogwumike(LA)/Stewart(Sea)/Charles(NY)
Griner(PX)/Wilson(Chi)

So according to my chart Seattle wins with 3, PX, LA are second with 2, Dal, Was, Atl, NY and Chi each have one.

Some notes on the predictions.
-DT hangs around for her 5th Olympics and then retires. The story is too good for Staley and the committee to deny her, She basically gets the Cathings/Bird spot of years past.
-Charles is still just good enough to get that alumni nod
-The older vets either have retired, or choose not to go
-The new National team mainstays of Moore, Stewart, EDD and Griner become the unbeatable vets.
-Jefferson is traded to Seattle as the heir apparent to Bird in the next two years, and Staley supports her a a PG option because Staley herself was a small PG.
-Loyd gets back on track and is a perfect fit alongside Stewart and EDD in the 2nd unit.
-Augustus, Whalen and Brunson all retire in the next few seasons and Moore gets traded to her hometown Atl for picks and players (since she is obviously cored) that Minny can start it rebuild with. (Maybe Folwes joins her in the Atl and along with Angel they form a new vet super-team. Fowles decides in 2020 to rest her body as does Angel for the upcoming Championship run.)
-SA is screwed over by the ping pong balls in a few months and the #1 pick Wilson ends up in Chi, and Dawn brings her college champ to, the Olympics even though she is not a Center but with Griner, Charles Nneka and Stewart all able to play some center in the international game it doesn't really matter.)
-C. Gray continues her steady climb up the rank all the way to the Olympics, her size and shot give her the versatility to play on or off the ball.
-Having waited long enough Diggins and Ogwumike become center pieces of the 2020 National team.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/20/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
It depends on trades, drafts, and whether any of the old guard (DT, Augustus, Parker, Fowles, McCoughtry) are still in the running in 2020. Predictng the team and some landing spots.

DT(PX)/Loyd(Sea)
Moore(Atl)/EDD(Was)
Griner(PX)/Wilson(Chi).

The Lynx are such a pathetic joke of a franchise, even Maya Moore is going to demand out knowing that she would've been able to win more titles if she played for another team?! Surprised

SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

DT(PX)/Loyd(Sea)
Moore(Atl)/EDD(Was)
Griner(PX)/Wilson(Chi).

The Lynx are such a pathetic joke of a franchise, even Maya Moore is going to demand out knowing that she would've been able to win more titles if she played for another team?! Surprised

I don't think the Lynx will become a pathetic joke...but they won't be the unbeatables that they've been. With injuries and players sitting out..you can already see the change in guard with the up and coming teams. Heck, teams are even giving the Lynx a go when they're healthy this season..in this league, change can come FAST. Just look at Phoenix in 2014..then 2016. Went from on top and dynamic to playing catch-up a few years later with virtually the same team.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is not a 3, she is a soft 4. There is an abundance of paint players - Fowles, Parker, Nneka, Griner, Stewart who is more of a stretch 4 than EDD as EDD is a liability on defense and does not have the same motor etc so I don't see anyone new in there. Need some big 2/3s and on guard who is not a me first player. If Lloyd is on this team then USA must be going in a different direction Wink

Dang and I forgot Charles, tolda ya there was a load.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
EDD is not a 3, she is a soft 4. There is an abundance of paint players - Fowles, Parker, Nneka, Griner, Stewart who is more of a stretch 4 than EDD as EDD is a liability on defense and does not have the same motor etc so I don't see anyone new in there. Need some big 2/3s and on guard who is not a me first player.

I don't know if reality has struck her and she feels differently now, but when Delle Donne was getting drafted she kept on saying "I'm a guard" in interviews. So she obviously didn't want to be thought as a post just because she was tall, and she was sending that message to whoever was drafting her. I think some of that is still with her as she is listed as a F-G on the Mystics roster.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne's done a pretty reasonable job on defense this season, and Washington have actually missed her size and length on that end of the floor since she got hurt. She's always had similar spacey issues as Parker on the defensive end, but I think liability is a bit harsh these days.

And yeah, she's more of a 4, although it's not like Team USA would have any issues winning with her at the 3.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

went with Dallas if they miss the playoffs and land Wilson. They would have Diggins-Smith, Gray, Johnson and Wilson, giving them four.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
went with Dallas if they miss the playoffs and land Wilson. They would have Diggins-Smith, Gray, Johnson and Wilson, giving them four.

That list looks like maybe two, to me.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree that EDD is a 4, but on team USA it doesn't matter and with Ogwumike, Charles, Stewart, Griner, and maybe Wilson, Fowles or Parker EDD will end up at the 3 for some if not most of her minutes, and I don't see them leaving a healthy EDD off the team.

C. Gray and Loyd if they make the team sort of balance each other out with their style of play. C. Gray can play 1 to 3 is a great shooter, facilitator and defender. Loyd is your classic break the defense down type of guard. If Angel could adjust her game surrounded by greats, I'm sure Jewel can as well.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/21/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I agree that EDD is a 4, but on team USA it doesn't matter and with Ogwumike, Charles, Stewart, Griner, and maybe Wilson, Fowles or Parker EDD will end up at the 3 for some if not most of her minutes, and I don't see them leaving a healthy EDD off the team.

C. Gray and Loyd if they make the team sort of balance each other out with their style of play. C. Gray can play 1 to 3 is a great shooter, facilitator and defender. Loyd is your classic break the defense down type of guard. If Angel could adjust her game surrounded by greats, I'm sure Jewel can as well.

I'm one of the biggest Chelsea Gray fans in the country and I'm not ready to call her a "great defender." I do think she maximizes what she can do based on being a little slow as a guard due to being crafty. Also she's a big guard and does not hesitate to capitalize on her height and wingspan. Based on all that, I'd rate her "above average" at the 1 & 2 but "below average" at the three, where most are as tall or taller.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

That list looks like maybe two, to me.

Not going to lie , im a homer myself but thats a stretch ! I wouldnt mind though lol Maybe Dawn Takes Diggins/Gray/Wilson & Davis & Cuevas as PG for 2020 lol

PostPosted: 08/21/17 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="J-Spoon"]I agree that EDD is a 4, but on team USA it doesn't matter and with Ogwumike, Charles, Stewart, Griner, and maybe Wilson, Fowles or Parker EDD will end up at the 3 for some if not most of her minutes, and I don't see them leaving a healthy EDD off the team.

When has EDD ever been healthy ?

Quote:

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Just looked it up. She has never played a full 34 game season. She did get 31 games in one season. Her career average is around 25-26 games per season depending when she gets back this year.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

She did get 31 games in one season. Her career average is around 25-26 games per season depending when she gets back this year.

Her MVP season? Lucky she got 31 Wink

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
EDD is not a 3, she is a soft 4. There is an abundance of paint players - Fowles, Parker, Nneka, Griner, Stewart who is more of a stretch 4 than EDD as EDD is a liability on defense and does not have the same motor etc so I don't see anyone new in there. Need some big 2/3s and on guard who is not a me first player.

I don't know if reality has struck her and she feels differently now, but when Delle Donne was getting drafted she kept on saying "I'm a guard" in interviews. So she obviously didn't want to be thought as a post just because she was tall, and she was sending that message to whoever was drafting her. I think some of that is still with her as she is listed as a F-G on the Mystics roster.

She may be listed as F-G but she's only played 4 and some 3 for the Mystics.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
pilight wrote:

Laughing Same way Nikki Teasley was an all world guard for the Sparks and you called her one for the most overrated Rolling Eyes

Hindsight would seem to suggest that 'overrated' was not an unreasonable assessment of Nikki Teasley. Or maybe you feel like 'flash in the pan' would be more accurate?

Teasley WAS one of the best, if not thee best guards, when HEALTHY! She had a baby and her knee problems caught up with her by the time she got to Atlanta. Dream fans, the ever-so irrational, expected her to lead them to a 'ship like she did at LA but by then she was a broken spoke. Yeah she had some flash to her game, but are we forgetting that she efficiently ran the Sparks offense to two finals appearances and West best record for three years? She also did good at Washington as well.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
pilight wrote:

Laughing Same way Nikki Teasley was an all world guard for the Sparks and you called her one for the most overrated Rolling Eyes

Teasley WAS one of the best, if not thee best guards, when HEALTHY! She had a baby and her knee problems caught up with her by the time she got to Atlanta. Dream fans, the ever-so irrational, expected her to lead them to a 'ship like she did at LA but by then she was a broken spoke. Yeah she had some flash to her game, but are we forgetting that she efficiently ran the Sparks offense to two finals appearances and West best record for three years? She also did good at Washington as well.

Teasley was awesome , but i think LL , DMJ , Tameka Dixon & Mwadi Mabika played just as important of roles to getting that Sparks team back to back titles.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
pilight wrote:

The Sparks were never as good with Teasley as they were with Figgs, and they got worse the longer she was there. They went from dominating the finals (with Figgs) to (with Teasley) barely winning in the finals, then losing in the finals, then getting upset before the finals, and finally barely squeaking into the playoffs in Teasley's final season there.

I was not expecting Teasley to lead the Dream to a title. I was pissed off that we had signed her at all since she was plainly washed up despite only being 29 years old.

PostPosted: 08/21/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
pilight wrote:

The Sparks were never as good with Teasley as they were with Figgs, and they got worse the longer she was there. They went from dominating the finals (with Figgs) to (with Teasley) barely winning in the finals, then losing in the finals, then getting upset before the finals, and finally barely squeaking into the playoffs in Teasley's final season there.

I was not expecting Teasley to lead the Dream to a title. I was pissed off that we had signed her at all since she was plainly washed up despite only being 29 years old.

UKARRRRRRRI was the PG that led them to the 28-4 season i believe ????

PostPosted: 08/21/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
pilight wrote:

Nice try. The Sparks only won one title with Figgs. The 2003 Sparks were a shot away from another title..Teasley also won the All Star MVP. Figgs didn't lead Portland anywhere so your argument is sort of null and void. You hate any guard that doesn't bow down to Angel..it's like they're marked once they play for the Dream.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: