RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 08/18/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Bonner will end up in Indiana. DeSheilds and Williams will be gone by #8/#9. Vivians ain't a first round pick. I'd be happy with Nared or Green well.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 08/18/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
We still need a SF. Zellous isn't getting any younger either.

2018 SF list:

Deshields
Williams
Nared
Greenwell
Vivians
McGhee (Stanford)

How about Bonner? Would you give up a 1st for her?

2018 liberty thread is gonna be bigger then this lol a lot of discussions already and the season is not even over yet

I think you mean McPhee. Interesting player. Not the greatest athlete, not even that consistent as an outside shooter, but very spunky. She takes it to the hoop and knows how to protect the ball to get her shot off. That seems to be a lost art. Just look at the Becky Hammon video that's up on LIberty social media right now. An unathletic 5-6 guard is able to drive against bigger players and get her shot off. It can be done. Are you watching Sugar?

My sleeper pick is Shanice Johnson of Cincinnati. I saw her against UConn and she took it right to the strength of the Huskies -- those mid-sized players: Collier, Nurse, and Gabby Williams. Johnson was not intimidated at all. She is a good athlete with good skills, and Shanice looks bigger than the listed 5-11. If you put a UConn uniform on her, she could switch sides and fit right in. The alarming red flag on Johnson is that she's attended 4 schools in 4 years. I haven't investigated the background story yet. Also, don't sleep on Teana Muldrow from WV.

I think Russell is way more athletic than Swords. Certainly a better shotblocker. Not as smart and not as motivated, but that's why you have coaches and veteran teammates.

Yeah, who needs a 2018 thread? Smile

PostPosted: 08/18/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
We still need a SF. Zellous isn't getting any younger either.

2018 SF list:

Deshields
Williams
Nared
Greenwell
Vivians
McGhee (Stanford)

How about Bonner? Would you give up a 1st for her?

2018 liberty thread is gonna be bigger then this lol a lot of discussions already and the season is not even over yet

I think you mean McPhee. Interesting player. Not the greatest athlete, not even that consistent as an outside shooter, but very spunky. She takes it to the hoop and knows how to protect the ball to get her shot off. That seems to be a lost art. Just look at the Becky Hammon video that's up on LIberty social media right now. An unathletic 5-6 guard is able to drive against bigger players and get her shot off. It can be done. Are you watching Sugar?

My sleeper pick is Shanice Johnson of Cincinnati. I saw her against UConn and she took it right to the strength of the Huskies -- those mid-sized players: Collier, Nurse, and Gabby Williams. Johnson was not intimidated at all. She is a good athlete with good skills, and Shanice looks bigger than the listed 5-11. If you put a UConn uniform on her, she could switch sides and fit right in. The alarming red flag on Johnson is that she's attended 4 schools in 4 years. I haven't investigated the background story yet. Also, don't sleep on Teana Muldrow from WV.

I think Russell is way more athletic than Swords. Certainly a better shotblocker. Not as smart and not as motivated, but that's why you have coaches and veteran teammates.

Yeah, who needs a 2018 thread? Smile

Yeah I saw that video yesterday with Hammon, great memories come back quick......she will always be a Liberty for life

I remember I saw some of bearcats games she is talented, she kinda reminds me lil bit of Shayla Cooper who played at OSU

I'm not a fan of Russell just yet I gotta see more from her, she definitely improved a bit not a stiff she can move

toad455

PostPosted: 08/19/17 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beating an undermanned Sparks team, Connecticut last night and getting a Lynx team tomorrow without Whalen & Brunson is a huge advantage to getting that #4 seed. Mystics do play the Fever tomorrow, so we need that win vs. Minnesota. Then we have that important game vs. Washington on Friday where Delle Donne might be back. As Laimbeer said last night, the team is finally firing on all cylinders, so let's hope this win streak continues.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/19/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Center is a hard spot to fill unless we luck out and get someone like Swords

We'll take your first round pick for her Smile Symmetry.

I wouldn't trade for her (I realize you're joking), but if she's an UFA after this season I would definitely consider bringing her back.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/19/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I wouldn't trade for her (I realize you're joking), but if she's an UFA after this season I would definitely consider bringing her back.

Agreed.

PostPosted: 08/19/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Swords is a UFA, I'd bring her back. She'd be better than Vaughn right now.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/19/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Seattle trading their FRP (even in a weak draft) for an expiring contract seems rather unlikely.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/19/17 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Seattle trading their FRP (even in a weak draft) for an expiring contract seems rather unlikely.

I could be wrong but I don't think the expiring contract thing is as big of a deal in the W especially in the off-season. Maybe in a mid season trade, but if you pick up a mid-level player for a season and she works out for your team you can usually get them to stay by offering a good or even max deal. If that player doesn't work put you probably don't want to pay them for the contract they arrived on anyway.

I'm not sure when Swords re-upped but she played for NY for 2 seasons and Seattle for one, if the deal was signed when she came to NY a 3 year deal seems very possible.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/19/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Agreed.

I wouldn't blame you if you did. She seemed to fit in best with the Libs. I know Bill traded her because he expected Stokes to have a great year and use Vaughn as a backup. She just didn't mesh with Stewie, apparently, since both Boucek and Kloppenburg only use her situationally.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/20/17 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords signed in 2016, by the way, and a 3 year contract would mean one more year.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/20/17 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe that for Laimbeer the crucial part of the trade was getting Hartley. At some point he surely knew that Wright wasn't returning and that Schimmel might not either. He couldn't be sure what he'd get at "lead guard" from either Prince or Boyd. so Hartley gave him another option. And, indeed, given Boyd's injury and Prince's difficulties at lead guard, it's been quite important for the Liberty to have Hartley.

I wouldn't be shocked if Laimbeer trades to get Swords back. She gave the team more than Vaughn has and the price for getting Swords can't be all that high.

PostPosted: 08/20/17 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 yr deal

toad455

PostPosted: 08/20/17 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords for R. Allen & Zahui B? Swords for our 2nd round pick?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/20/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Mystery man just said Swords' contract expires this year. I doubt she gets cored, so she may be a free bird.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 08/20/17 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so maybe just replace Zahui B with Swords?

Randy

PostPosted: 08/20/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Mystery man just said Swords' contract expires this year. I doubt she gets cored, so she may be a free bird.

So she comes back to NY Laughing Talk about a one sided deal. Laughing Laughing

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/20/17 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
so maybe just replace Zahui B with Swords?

If Swords is re-signed, I believe Vaughn will be gone. But perhaps both Vaughn and Zahui B will be gone.

PostPosted: 08/20/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Nayo outplaying Vaughn just in hustle, there would be no need for Vaughn either. Vaughn to Indiana for S. Johnson or . Mitchell?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/20/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd also be fine with bringing Swords back, she did fit Laimbeer's system well.

just get rid of Vaughn please. im sorry she from the BX but she is horrible

toad455

PostPosted: 08/20/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I've had this happen in the past with the MSG box office and I don't understand why they do this. But I always buy my ticket(s) in person instead of through Ticketmaster to avoid the fees. I always check online what's available so I know what to ask for when I approach the box office. There were several $48 seats in section 107 available, but when I asked at the box office he said those we're all sold out. I told him I just checked 20 minutes ago online and there were plenty available. He said only thing available in that section were $78 and up. I'm put into section 119 instead as I usually only spend under $50/ticket. As soon as I enter MSG, I check Ticketmaster again and those same $48 seats are still available. WTF?? How do I avoid this in the future? Do I just suck it up and pay the fees online?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/20/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So I've had this happen in the past with the MSG box office and I don't understand why they do this. But I always buy my ticket(s) in person instead of through Ticketmaster to avoid the fees. I always check online what's available so I know what to ask for when I approach the box office. There were several $48 seats in section 107 available, but when I asked at the box office he said those we're all sold out. I told him I just checked 20 minutes ago online and there were plenty available. He said only thing available in that section were $78 and up. I'm put into section 119 instead as I usually only spend under $50/ticket. As soon as I enter MSG, I check Ticketmaster again and those same $48 seats are still available. WTF?? How do I avoid this in the future? Do I just suck it up and pay the fees online?

It's disheartening to read this, but sadly it's not surprising. It's common practice in many organizations, so of course it's impossible to expect better in Dolanworld. Perhaps others will have good suggestions for you. I hope so. I fear you may have to accept paying the fees online.

PostPosted: 08/20/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Vaughn having a hell of a game today after all of you tried to give her away in this thread Wink.

PostPosted: 08/20/17 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm liking the plan to rest Charles better all the time. Any way we can turn back the clock?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 08/20/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Laimbeer would consider resting Tina for Wednesday's game at Indiana?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 74 of 80

Jump to: