64%  [ 16 ]
Mystics
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Even in a blowout, Diarra can't get in. Problem when there's three posts that sit glued to the bench.

Yeah, I understand that they've got history and a comfort level with Gruda, but they really didn't need her. An emergency wing would've made more sense, and might well have seen some time lately with Carson and Williams both out (and Wiese not exactly an Agler favourite at this point).

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching those dunk highlights really made me miss lisa leslie the player i hated most and the way the game was back then! That moment was so electrifying i remember being in high school watching it on sports center for almost a week straight. She set the bar and now we got girls like griner punishing the rim. Just imagine 20 more years from now. Btw Great game odyssey you will be needed against Los Lynx in the playoffs!

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Is Toliver a double agent?

She did seem a bit unaggressive tonight hmm Cool

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Give me this D.C. team in the playoffs. Laughing

I'm pretty sure everyone would love to face a team missing their 1st and 2nd scoring option in the playoffs

EDD isn't saving this team. And Meeseman is still here. You are missing your 3rd scoring option in Hill.

Agreee _____x that 1st round do or die might bite them this year. Would be a great storyline if it came at the hands of the libs Laughing #BiggestComplainersBecomeTheBiggestGainers Embarassed

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Come on, Agler, put Diarra in! Let's see why she's on this roster.

Make-A-Wish Sparks Version Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Even in a blowout, Diarra can't get in. Problem when there's three posts that sit glued to the bench.

I felt the same way about Grievance & Temp Til i saw San Antonio's Roster Shocked Razz Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It just makes no sense to have Diarra on their roster when Ruef could have been there instead. Then to cut Ibekwe in favor of Gruda makes even less sense.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Is Toliver a double agent?

She did seem a bit unaggressive tonight hmm Cool

They even stopped putting Beard on her midway through the game and she didn't do anything. She had quite a few games like this in the first half of the season, I guess she was due for another one Rolling Eyes

RP

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As much as her offense was missed, so was EDD's length and athleticism on defense. Ogwumike and Parker did pretty much whatever they wanted.

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

Most of the time after I have made negative statements about players they make my posts look bad the very next game. So this should be a golden opportunity for Sims to make me look bad in her next few games by knocking down some three's.

Sims went two for two on three's this game. My plan worked, but I don't want to over do it. It worked when I criticized Williams when she was in a shooting slump and it worked last time Sims was in a slump. She responded with a 20+ point effort. Still I need to not over due my criticism of the Sparks players until it is really needed. Very Happy

zune69

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the Sims I predicted we would see .....last 5 games:16.8p/3.8a/1s/46%/95%

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Most of the time after I have made negative statements about players they make my posts look bad the very next game. So this should be a golden opportunity for Sims to make me look bad in her next few games by knocking down some three's.

Sims went two for two on three's this game. My plan worked, but I don't want to over do it. It worked when I criticized Williams when she was in a shooting slump and it worked last time Sims was in a slump. She responded with a 20+ point effort. Still I need to not over due my criticism of the Sparks players until it is really needed. Very Happy

Yes, in your case please save the criticism until playoff time lol. I've been really impressed with Odyssey's play these last 5 games. She's playing under control and has been playing good pesky defense since getting the starting gig. I hope she can continue playing like this because the Sparks will need her to make a playoff run. If Sims and Gray can continue to ball out, LA will be in good shape come playoff time.

PostPosted: 08/17/17 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the fact that Odyssey went 2-2 from downtown. She needs to get going from out there so we have even more options while keeping the floor well spread. Hope Riquna is getting herself together as I suspect she may turn out to be a valuable wild card in the playoffs.

PostPosted: 08/17/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
We need shooters on the floor, Mike. How else are we going to score?

Well Mike is right. If the fouls that LA commits are called the score might be different. I've seen 3 fouls on LA that weren't called. LA player pushed a Wash player, LA traveled and 1 other which was not called.

Yea the officiating isn't helping. But I'm focused on the things that we can change.

That's the key rights there. The officiating is what it is, and you just have to take advantage or rise above ...

PostPosted: 08/17/17 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
That's the key rights there. The officiating is what it is, and you just have to take advantage or rise above ...

And that 'take advantage' element is something people overlook. I've seen, for example, complaints about Alana Beard being overly physical as a defender. But all the best defenders walk that tight line between close, physical defense and fouling. And the best players and teams adapt to what the refs are calling on any given night. Officials try to follow the rules and guidelines, but lke anyone else they tend to settle into a rhythm during individual games. So there are things you do that are always good defensive practice, but you can get more aggressive or ease off as the officiating sometimes dictates. Sometimes you actually have to use your brain to win at this game.

PostPosted: 08/17/17 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And DC put themselves in some bad positions in terms of poor energy and sloppy passing and ball-handling away from the basket. If you're not really running effective offense and working your way toward the basket, it's much, much harder to get calls. A lot of DC's TOs involved that type of play well away from the basket.

PostPosted: 08/18/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was great to see both teams locked arm in unity to protest what happened in Charlottville and Trump recent statement on that tragic event that took place. Kristi looked emotional I sure it wasn't easy seeing that kind of hate being displayed not far from where she grew up.

Nice win LA.

Watching those Ticha P highlights were cool and she was looking pretty in the interview. LaChina looks beautiful and I'm loving those braids.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: