Board Junkies Forums

Trade Scenario 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
basketballologist

PostPosted: 08/16/17 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Step 1: San Antonio trade Keksey Plum and Alex Montgomery to the Connecticut Sun for Chiney Ogwumike

Step 2: San Antonio trade the 1st round pick (1st overall) and Dearica Hamby to the Indiana Fever for the 1st round pick (2nd overall) and Tiffany Mitchell

San Antonio Depth Chart
1: M. Jefferson / S. Colson
2: K. McBride / T. Mitchell
3: D. DeShields / A. Montgomery
4: C. Ogwumike / Free Agent Backup / N. Coffey
5: I. Harrison / K. Alexander

You could have had Wilson with #1, but you went with DeShields? Shocked

I can't see anybody passing on Wilson.

Assuming you can pull off step 1 (because CON really needs a backup combo guard with an agent with an attitude over Chiney):
Jefferson/Colson
McBride/#13 pick
Montgomery/Coffey
COgwumike/Harrison/Hamby
Wilson/Alexander

Looking a little better to me

It looks better in the post. But I'm not convinced Montgomery is a starting 3 in the league which DeShields has over her. Ogwumike and Harrison (who is coming off a career year) are a good 4/5 tandem with Alexander as your 1st post off the bench. Not sold on Coffey. If she has another year like this expect next season to be her last....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/17 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see everyone here has made the consensus that San Antonio will get the #1 pick . Im praying and hoping winging and moping that dallas crashes there party ! 2 letters #PP and no not Plenette Pierson !

PostPosted: 08/16/17 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney has been around the team all season; they signed her to a long term contract.

Until it's proven it doesn't work, there's no reason to trade her. Injuries happen, and a post rotation of Jones, Chiney, Tuck/A.Thomas isn't so bad to have

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I see everyone here has made the consensus that San Antonio will get the #1 pick . Im praying and hoping winging and moping that dallas crashes there party ! 2 letters #PP and no not Plenette Pierson !

Pansy Parkinson?
Pinelopi Pavlopoulou?

Pinelopi is the only PP in college basketball. By all means, draft her.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Will you be okay if DD forces her way down to Dallas' pick no matter where it is, or is the answer: no, we need more Gamecocks on our team!

Randy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie - love your new avatar!!

Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

It looks better in the post. But I'm not convinced Montgomery is a starting 3 in the league which DeShields has over her. Ogwumike and Harrison (who is coming off a career year) are a good 4/5 tandem with Alexander as your 1st post off the bench. Not sold on Coffey. If she has another year like this expect next season to be her last....

I think the biggest reason SAN has sucked so long is mediocre post play. Don't be afraid of making the post too good... and Chiney coming over is just a dream anyway.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Will you be okay if DD forces her way down to Dallas' pick no matter where it is

The forcing to Dallas is most likely a misunderstanding perpetrated by Swish Appeal, and if it's not, I think reality will set in for DeShields. It's the position of least need for them.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Chiney has been around the team all season

The headquarters to ESPN is only an hour away!

dtsnms wrote:
they signed her to a long term contract.

This is a nonpoint because they signed her to a long term deal not realizing or expecting things to go as well as they have this season.... because Miller stumbled into something that worked. If Miller has to tell Chiney that she's coming off the bench or is an emergency backup, that could get interesting. I think it's more likely Thomas will play bulk of her minutes at SF, which some fear will upset the delicate balance.

dtsnms wrote:
Until it's proven it doesn't work, there's no reason to trade her. Injuries happen

Especially to Chiney.

dtsnms wrote:
and a post rotation of Jones, Chiney, Tuck/A.Thomas isn't so bad to have

Is it a post rotation or a forward rotation? Thomas and maybe a little JJones at SF?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Will you be okay if DD forces her way down to Dallas' pick no matter where it is, or is the answer: no, we need more Gamecocks on our team!

The answer is No. I actually dont care for a specific player although i do drool at a chance at Aja Or DD , but i want that pick for the leverage it could hold into possibly getting someone like Lori Ann !!! Cool

PostPosted: 08/16/17 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Pansy Parkinson?
Pinelopi Pavlopoulou?

Pinelopi is the only PP in college basketball. By all means, draft her.

Ping Pongs Cardinal Ping Pongs!!

PostPosted: 08/16/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Will you be okay if DD forces her way down to Dallas' pick no matter where it is

The forcing to Dallas is most likely a misunderstanding perpetrated by Swish Appeal, and if it's not, I think reality will set in for DeShields. It's the position of least need for them.

The position of least need at the moment would probably be SG or PF for my wings . Powers will be our only SF next season so theres plenty of room for DD & She knows it !

PostPosted: 08/16/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The position of least need at the moment would probably be SG or PF for my wings . Powers will be our only SF next season so theres plenty of room for DD & She knows it !

Well Christmas is still there until we know otherwise, and then there's Kaela Davis. Thornton is kinda small for PF but she also could play SF. They need to make headway in their post situation. Lewis will be gone. Hamblin probably won't be back. Cambage would be a godsend. Even if Cambage comes over, I'd make post a priority. Paris has to be a backup at best and Plaisance is expendable. If DAL goes best available, who knows who that could be.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/16/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The answer is No. I actually dont care for a specific player although i do drool at a chance at Aja Or DD , but i want that pick for the leverage it could hold into possibly getting someone like Lori Ann !!! Cool

If the wings end up missing the playoffs and land the number 1 pick and take Wilson, where would they play her? Wilson isn't a center, and playing her at the 4 is where she has a chance to be really good. With Johnson already playing the 4 where would Wilson fit in?
Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/17 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If the wings end up missing the playoffs and land the number 1 pick and take Wilson, where would they play her? Wilson isn't a center, and playing her at the 4 is where she has a chance to be really good. With Johnson already playing the 4 where would Wilson fit in?

She can play either post position, as shown in their championship tourney run. In fact, some might say SC got better when Coates went down.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Well Christmas is still there until we know otherwise, and then there's Kaela Davis. Thornton is kinda small for PF but she also could play SF. They need to make headway in their post situation. Lewis will be gone. Hamblin probably won't be back. Cambage would be a godsend. Even if Cambage comes over, I'd make post a priority. Paris has to be a backup at best and Plaisance is expendable. If DAL goes best available, who knows who that could be.

I know otherwise but time will tell!

PostPosted: 08/16/17 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question for pilight. Wont include names but say for instance Player A plays overseas and does not enter the Following years WNBA draft would that player be assesed as a free agent after the draft?

PostPosted: 08/16/17 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Question for pilight. Wont include names but say for instance Player A plays overseas and does not enter the Following years WNBA draft would that player be assesed as a free agent after the draft?

There's no "entering" the draft unless a player has NCAA eligibility remaining. Otherwise, once they meet the criteria they can be drafted.

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="pilight"]
WNBA 09 wrote:

There's no "entering" the draft unless a player has NCAA eligibility remaining. Otherwise, once they meet the criteria they can be drafted.

Dp

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: