79%  [ 19 ]
Dream
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/15/17 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
BTW - the most annoying part of this game was Jasmine Thomas. Where were these 6-9 FG and 4-6 from 3 type nights when she was playing for us? I mean I don't begrudge her success, but why didn't we ever get games (heck her whole season has been super) when she was on our team? Guess getting traded from the Dream was the best move ever for her career.

Which is why I don't want to see Cooper go. Last time we had a regime change we made stupid trades that set us back years, giving up 2 future All Stars for Matee Ajavon and Brittany Hyrnko.
Funny thing is the male commentator said the same thing about Jasmine and her 3 point shot lol.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/16/17 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
BTW - the most annoying part of this game was Jasmine Thomas. Where were these 6-9 FG and 4-6 from 3 type nights when she was playing for us? I mean I don't begrudge her success, but why didn't we ever get games (heck her whole season has been super) when she was on our team? Guess getting traded from the Dream was the best move ever for her career.

Which is why I don't want to see Cooper go. Last time we had a regime change we made stupid trades that set us back years, giving up 2 future All Stars for Matee Ajavon and Brittany Hyrnko.

At least we gave you Aneika Henry back

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/16/17 6:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think JT has worked hard to expand her game, and it shows.

I thought it a bit weird that he played Sykes 38 minutes. Nobody else even close. What was the point? See if he could get another injury?

Because he wants her to win ROY. That's all hes got going for him at this point.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I thought it a bit weird that he played Sykes 38 minutes. Nobody else even close. What was the point? See if he could get another injury?

Because he wants her to win ROY. That's all hes got going for him at this point.

I'm afraid so. This team now has no star player, no wins, no fans and no hope for the playoffs to redeem the season. Sad

BTW - looks like it didn't take Cooper long to lose confidence in Morello. I certainly hope contract is up this season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I think we all know the answer to this question. Cooper maybe trying to save his job by possibly having a player win ROY Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/16/17 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

With Hayes and Holmes out, his options were limited.

Do you really need options when your down 30 in the 4th QTR ? He played her the entire 4th QTR in which i was really confused about.

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Do you really need options when your down 30 in the 4th QTR ? He played her the entire 4th QTR in which i was really confused about.

We have 4 guards on the team and 1 is out. Clarendon was 0-8 I think so Ajavon was in a lot. Who else is there?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/16/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

That's when you try to develop youngsters. Sykes is the youngest player on the team. What would be accomplished by playing more Ajavon?

PostPosted: 08/16/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

That's when you try to develop youngsters. Sykes is the youngest player on the team. What would be accomplished by playing more Ajavon?

Laughing Laughing unbelievable still making excuses . What was she developing at that time again ? I think atlanta should focus more on Developing there veterans . Sykes has not been the issue this season so that would make sense if she was still trying to get her feet warm with this league.

PostPosted: 08/16/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laughing Laughing unbelievable still making excuses . What was she developing at that time again ? I think atlanta should focus more on Developing there veterans . Sykes has not been the issue this season so that would make sense if she was still trying to get her feet warm with this league.

Your distaste for Sykes (because shes challenging your obvious pick for ROY) is showing. Your starting to sound like Jet Jaguar and his unhealthy obsession with a washed up player that couldn't cut it in the WNBA. Lol.

Everyone who says Sykes should have played as much as she did against Connecticut is right. Plus, she was the only one doing any scoring, even if she was just trying to play hero ball instead of team ball. Any sane coach is going to keep the only player who is scoring, in the game especially when his other two guards were out with injury. I mean, which other guards is he going to play? I am in no way a fan of the Dream nor the Wings. I am in no way a fan of Sykes or Allisha Gray. They're both great rookies who are both having great rookie seasons. I honestly could careless who wins ROY. You've made your case about why Gray should win. No need for tearing down another rookie to make your point.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 08/16/17 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
....Your starting to sound like Jet Jaguar and his unhealthy obsession with a washed up player that couldn't cut it in the WNBA. Lol.

And your obvious obsession for disparaging Sammy every chance you get is even more sick..... get a life, loser

PostPosted: 08/16/17 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
....Your starting to sound like Jet Jaguar and his unhealthy obsession with a washed up player that couldn't cut it in the WNBA. Lol.

And your obvious obsession for disparaging Sammy every chance you get is even more sick..... get a life, loser

No obsessions here at all.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 08/16/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

No. Not like when I made a nice post with a video of her career and you used that opportunity to bash her like you always do any time she's mentioned. And if she's not mentioned, you do anyway. You've shown yourself to be a jerk on this board and you continue to show it

PostPosted: 08/16/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

No. Not like when I made a nice post with a video of her career and you used that opportunity to bash her like you always do any time she's mentioned. And if she's not mentioned, you do anyway. You've shown yourself to be a jerk on this board and you continue to show it

Oh crikey I guess I was told Smile

RP

PostPosted: 08/17/17 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clarendon and Sykes: Quite possibly the most empty stats backcourt to ever exist.

Less of a load will be good for both (and for the Dream) next season.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/17/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Clarendon and Sykes: Quite possibly the most empty stats backcourt to ever exist.

Possibly, but only if you stipulate that Clarendon and Hayes is a close second.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 08/17/17 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:

They combined for 16 assists, which is 5 more than what the whole Lynx team registered against SEA last night.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/17/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For that matter, the 2014 Shock were a pretty "empty stats" backcourt, in their own right.

RP

PostPosted: 08/17/17 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
RP wrote:

They combined for 16 assists, which is 5 more than what the whole Lynx team registered against SEA last night.

That's kind of the point. Clarendon was a much better player a season ago, although she didn't have the gaudy assist totals.

Sykes was more effective before her minutes ramped up and she somehow became more trigger-happy, and her team was better. (Obviously, a shorthanded team now, so not much else she can do, but in general.)

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/17/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Shades wrote:
RP wrote:

That's kind of the point. Clarendon was a much better player a season ago, although she didn't have the gaudy assist totals.

That seems like a loaded word. The Sky are five games under .500; are Courtney Vandersloot's assist totals "gaudy"?

Quote:
Sykes was more effective before her minutes ramped up and she somehow became more trigger-happy, and the Dream were a better team. (Obviously, a shorthanded team now, so not much else she can do, but in general.)

I like how you tack that on at the end, as a parenthetical aside, as though the two things don't have anything to do with each other.

RP

PostPosted: 08/17/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
That seems like a loaded word. The Sky are five games under .500; are Courtney Vandersloot's assist totals "gaudy"?

8-7 with Vandersloot in the starting lineup. Beyond Clarendon's assists (and Sykes' points) is a lot of inefficient play, which is the difference. It's window dressing, like what Cappie did earlier in the season without Sloot around.

Silky Johnson wrote:
Quote:
Sykes was more effective before her minutes ramped up and she somehow became more trigger-happy, and the Dream were a better team. (Obviously, a shorthanded team now, so not much else she can do, but in general.)

I like how you tack that on at the end, as a parenthetical aside, as though the two things don't have anything to do with each other.

Only said it because of this game, without Hayes. Sykes has been gunning for a while.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/17/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

8-7 with Vandersloot in the starting lineup. Beyond Clarendon's assists (and Sykes' points) is a lot of inefficient play, which is the difference. It's window dressing, like what Cappie did earlier in the season without Sloot around.

Little disingenuous to imply that Pondexter puts up empty stats, when there are actual receipts of her putting up similar or better numbers in games that matter. Of all the players you could have conceivably brought up to make that point, a former Finals MVP seems like the last person who should have been considered.

Quote:
Only said it because of this game, without Hayes. Sykes has been gunning for a while.

So, basically, you just brought it up so you could get your #HateHard on... I'll allow it.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/17/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
RP wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Little disingenuous to imply that Pondexter puts up empty stats, when there are actual receipts of her putting up similar or better numbers in games that matter. Of all the players you could have conceivably brought up to make that point, a former Finals MVP seems like the last person who should have been considered.

Quote:

So, basically, you just brought it up so you could get your #HateHard on... I'll allow it.

...but if getting your #HateHard on lasts for more than 4 hours, then contact your doctor

PostPosted: 08/17/17 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

POW (Post of the Week.)

RP

PostPosted: 08/17/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

That Cappie has been gone for years. I was of course speaking of this season, in which she shot terribly but did manage to rack up points and especially assists because of how often she had the ball in her hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: