2%  [ 1 ]
someone else
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 46

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/16/17 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Some of the voters will probably still have her on their ballots. Hell, some of them pay so little actual attention to the league they may not have even noticed she was hurt. But it's enough games to matter when they look at the numbers at the end of the season.

Whether she's on a list made up by a WNBA.com intern doesn't really mean much.

Will the WNBA ever do what the NBA started doing a few years back, and post who everybody voted for? Or do they want to save the WNBA media from the wrath of WNBA Twitter?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Some of the voters will probably still have her on their ballots. Hell, some of them pay so little actual attention to the league they may not have even noticed she was hurt. But it's enough games to matter when they look at the numbers at the end of the season.

Whether she's on a list made up by a WNBA.com intern doesn't really mean much.

Will the WNBA ever do what the NBA started doing a few years back, and post who everybody voted for? Or do they want to save the WNBA media from the wrath of WNBA Twitter?

Yeah, I've been suggesting that for a couple of years, too. I don't see any real harm in it. Jayda Evans detailed her picks in an article or two back when she was covering the Storm and while a lot of us vehemently disagreed with her choices and/or methodology, all it really led to was discussion and debate. If it forces the voters to think more about their picks to avoid ridicule, then that's good too. What's the drawback?

PostPosted: 08/16/17 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
first 10 games for sykes she scored double figures twice. Your using specifically the last few games or her best stretch of the season to validate your argument for Sykes .

Neither one of these statements is true. I just picked ten games from roughly the same point of the season for both players. And that's the point: I could have picked any ten games, and Gray's stat-lines would have been similarly up-and-down, and that's not what consistency means. Truly consistent players don't have the kind of fluctuation in their scoring that Gray has.

Quote:
BTW , my argument is based off Gray having the better COMPLETE season .

And your argument is specious. They've both played the same number of games, and their numbers are virtually identical: that is the "COMPLETE season." You keep saying that Gray has been more consistent, but the numbers and the box score don't back you up. The differential between Gray and Sykes is three games. Not half of a season, not half of a half of a season. Three games, that's it.

Quote:
Not some half of a half of a .34 of a game block ..

This is the only accurate thing you said in your whole post: it will be over the course of thirty-four games... And, after thirty-four games, when their numbers are still the same, voters will probably go with which player they thought made more of an impact. And, by the way, the Wings haven't clinched a playoff berth yet: they're still even in the loss column with Seattle, and don't exactly have a cake schedule down the stretch, Atlanta aside.

If the Wings and Dream both miss the playoffs, voters will likely go with whichever player looked better down the stretch of the season. And that's not necessarily good news for Allisha Gray.

If ATL loses out Sykes will not win ROY that is all . I will wait to hear the annoucements at the end of the regular season. I will not focus on this topic any longer . Inflating a players production making very little impact on the team success seems to be something to be rewarded for so carry on. Have a great day

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: