33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Mercury
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 18

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/12/17 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very disappointing game for the Merc. I think BG had a fine game with the limited minutes she played=19pts-7 rebounds and 3 blocks. I truly don't understand why Camille Little is in the starting lineup. She misses 2 many shots, travels, etc. DT had 20pts so she wasn't so bad. I think L Mitchell wasn't in the game long enough to get her shot going as she usually makes a couple 3 pt shots. Also think they maybe should have kept Isabell Harrison who had 23pts tonight and Courtney Williams who has 19pts for their teams tonight. BG looked good for her limited minutes so I hope next game she will have more minutes. If they don't do something they are going to be way low in the playoffs if they make it as they have a rough schedule coming up.

Here's hopeing they get it together. Rough game to watch tonight but was glad to see BG back!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/12/17 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
It's taken 30 minutes to play the last 5 minute. These ref reviews add nothing to the game and make it unbearable to watch.
Amen. Is the Mercury really considered a hostile team? Because all three " hostile acts" they reviewed were against us Rolling Eyes

Kurt Walker.. Rolling Eyes

I'm honestly convinced he asked DT out once, she rejected him..and he's held it against her and her team ever since. Laughing

Phoenix was on a roll before BG got hurt. They've just got to get it together before then.

And I have been happy with Sandy for a while now. But I doubt she goes anywhere. (Although, DT liked Corey and awful lot, and they fired him, so..)

PostPosted: 08/13/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do think that Sandy is going to be in the hot seat soon. This season, they'll give her Benefit of the doubt because Pree was traded, Harrison too, DB was pregnant, and BG got hurt. I think that the way the Mercury end this season and the way they do next season, anticipating DB comes back, determines if she keeps her job.

Yes, they lost BG, however, they should have personnel thAt has the talent and skill to win at least a few games with her out. Granted they won 3 but against under .500 level teams. BG went down and Phoenix was in... 3rd/4th place, now they are at risk of either being a 7 or 8 seed or potentially missing the playoffs all together.

BG being back to 100% definitely gives them an edge on Washington and I think she can/will/could get them a win or 2 against Connecticut, Atlanta and also against Seattle, which could put them at 16-18 wins. However, Minnesota and L.A. are 2 teams they haven't beat, that they played against more than once.

PostPosted: 08/13/17 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't get why anyone is surprised/pissed when the Mercury play mediocre basketball this season. They've actually done better than I expected, all things considered.

bballgrl wrote:
I truly don't understand why Camille Little is in the starting lineup. She misses 2 many shots, travels, etc. DT had 20pts so she wasn't so bad. I think L Mitchell wasn't in the game long enough to get her shot going as she usually makes a couple 3 pt shots. Also think they maybe should have kept Isabell Harrison who had 23pts tonight and Courtney Williams who has 19pts for their teams tonight.

Camille starts purely because look at the roster and point out the better alternative.
I agree about Harrison & Williams though. I don't like giving away promising young talent, especially when it's players who clearly have potential but haven't been given the opportunities to show what they can do with it.
Trading away the future for the sake of the present is fine if you're a title chance. If you aren't though, it's not smart, because your roster gets stuck in no-man's-land. We had a great title shot last year. Screwing that up so spectacularly should have been the trigger to rebuild with youth.

PostPosted: 08/13/17 4:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm definitely need an upgrade at the 3 position and a backup point guard next season.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/13/17 5:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
I do think that Sandy is going to be in the hot seat soon. This season, they'll give her Benefit of the doubt because Pree was traded, Harrison too, DB was pregnant, and BG got hurt. I think that the way the Mercury end this season and the way they do next season, anticipating DB comes back, determines if she keeps her job.

Yes, they lost BG, however, they should have personnel thAt has the talent and skill to win at least a few games with her out. Granted they won 3 but against under .500 level teams. BG went down and Phoenix was in... 3rd/4th place, now they are at risk of either being a 7 or 8 seed or potentially missing the playoffs all together.

BG being back to 100% definitely gives them an edge on Washington and I think she can/will/could get them a win or 2 against Connecticut, Atlanta and also against Seattle, which could put them at 16-18 wins. However, Minnesota and L.A. are 2 teams they haven't beat, that they played against more than once.

Pls look at the predictions before the season. The Mercury are doing better then expected so Brondello isnt going anywhere..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 08/13/17 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, the coaching change has an immediate result. Storm could still make the playoffs though the schedule is pretty tough.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/13/17 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So, the coaching change has an immediate result. Storm could still make the playoffs though the schedule is pretty tough.

I wouldnt say that this is because of the coaching change. Its more because the Mercury's defense is almost as bad as ours Laughing
89 points is still way too much. That kind of defense isnt going to win you a lot of other games

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant

Last edited by Michelle89 on 08/13/17 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
miller40

PostPosted: 08/13/17 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SCook wrote:

Pls look at the predictions before the season. The Mercury are doing better then expected so Brondello isnt going anywhere..

Will she be there next season? Will Australia eventually want her to be around the Opals before World Cup, or are they ok with the head coach being in Phoenix during the summer lead up?

Tally24

PostPosted: 08/13/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*continues to complain about DRob's offensive inefficiencies*
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/13/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix should seriously consider tanking next year. I know this is not ideal knowing they have done this in the past but barely .500 this yr followed by a horrible season could get them another great draft pick to replace Diana. Think KLS or Asia Durr mercury fans. DT has seriously 1 1/2 seasons left in the tank. I cant see her making it to 2020 .

PostPosted: 08/13/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oops

PostPosted: 08/13/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

i'm s storm fan and i do NOT want the storm make the playoff.

PostPosted: 08/13/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:

WIth the lucky ping pong balls always on your side, neither would I. Perhaps this is the NBA's way of making it up to Seattle for moving the Sonics to OKC.

Huskie

PostPosted: 08/13/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:

Leilani runs the offense much better IMO. D-Rob has been a disappointment. And I wanted her here. Stupid me.

PostPosted: 08/13/17 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Leilani runs the offense much better IMO. D-Rob has been a disappointment. And I wanted her here. Stupid me.

FLB is a liability on defense. So you cant play her too many minutes next to your other defensive liability named DT. FLB is most effective playing around 15-20 min

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/13/17 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:

WIth the lucky ping pong balls always on your side, neither would I. Perhaps this is the NBA's way of making it up to Seattle for moving the Sonics to OKC.

Basic math, people. The Phoenix Mercury had the 28% chance in 2013 and got #1. The Connecticut Sun had the 44% chance in 2014 and got the #1 pick. It just so happens that the same team was in those positions in the next two years. Given the others in the standings this year, the Storm would be 3rd or 4th and not nearly as likely to be the Wilson Winner.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/13/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel the Mercury are doing much better than expected. The only returners were DT and BG, DRob was coming back from surgery, and much of the rest of the lineup had little WNBA experience. Griner had been a disappointment up to this year, too. And yet they were challenging for 3rd place before BG went down. Then, they got Currie from a team obviously desperate to remove her from their locker room. If the fans want to consider your coach on the hot seat after that, then that's crazy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: