50%  [ 15 ]
Lynx
50%
 50%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 30

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
1.Because a Plum/Jefferson backcourt has it's limits.

Especially when they take turns being hurt. Jefferson being hurt more has probably helped with Plum's development.

zune69 wrote:
2.Howard has upside at the PF position.

Good reason for the Lynx to keep her. They'll need somebody with upside when Brunson gets hurt or retires.

zune69 wrote:
3.San Antonio would also get a late 1st rd pick.The stars could then draft Nared,Canada,Russell,Billings,Vivians,or Brown.

With the #12 pick, the Lynx could get that fancy Vadeeva people have been talking about. Howard and Vadeeva could help alleviate the assumed bleakness of Lynx future.

zune69 wrote:
4.Jefferson's had some nagging injuries. San Antonio runs the risk of losing Mo to an injury(Faulkner),and getting nothing in return.

Yeah, I think that'd be a situation the Lynx would want to avoid.

I don't know that micro PG's are Reeve's thing after having Whalen as a PG for all of her head coaching career. It's not really Agler or Laimbeer's thing (does he really want Boyd?) LAllen is kinda micro, so maybe Laimbeer has changed his way, so I'll leave him out if this.

I came up with the theory that a player like Jefferson has to play extra hard to make up for being so small, and playing that hard all the time can take a toll on the body. That seems to be playing out this year, so I'd be leary about making a big gamble on her for next year. See how she does next season and then make a play for her if she's the kind of PG that fits your scheme.

To me, Jefferson seems like a better fit to ATL, and maybe Clarendon a better fit in Minnesota. So maybe a three team deal, but I'm not sure I could stomach paying a lot for Clarendon either. Clear the chalkboard.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

To me, Jefferson seems like a better fit to ATL, and maybe Clarendon a better fit in Minnesota. So maybe a three team deal, but I'm not sure I could stomach paying a lot for Clarendon either. Clear the chalkboard.

Yeah,Clarendon's having a All-star season,but I'm not completely sold.She lacks certain qualities that are necessary for being an elite level PG.Clarendon doesn't have a calming influence on her teammates during crunch time,nor does she takes control of the offense the way an elite pg should.Atlanta has blown a handful games in the 4th quarter partly due to the lack of leadership from Clarendon/Hayes.If Sykes is taking too many ill-advised shots in the 4th qt,it's up to the pg and best player to get in the rookies ear......coach Cooper is another culprit.He's done a great job at restocking atlanta's talent,but his in game coaching..... Rolling Eyes

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 08/12/17 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Ummm Chelsea F'n Gray. Love that kid. Im going to go out on a limb and say she's becoming one of the top point guards in this league. What other pg is having a better season? Pilight? Thomas? Diggins? Vandersloot? Clarendon? Bird? I'd say Chels is slowly becoming a premiere pg in this league. Now come on LA. Hold on to the lead.

I don't know, I think the top point guard in the league should probably lead her own team in assists per game....but maybe I'm just old fashioned Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/12/17 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Ummm Chelsea F'n Gray. Love that kid. Im going to go out on a limb and say she's becoming one of the top point guards in this league. What other pg is having a better season? Pilight? Thomas? Diggins? Vandersloot? Clarendon? Bird? I'd say Chels is slowly becoming a premiere pg in this league. Now come on LA. Hold on to the lead.

I don't know, I think the top point guard in the league should probably lead her own team in assists per game....but maybe I'm just old fashioned Very Happy

. . . except that the Sparks effectively have two! PGs, Chelsea and Ace; so, naturally, they split the principle assists sum.

PostPosted: 08/12/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

Doh!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mikejofm

PostPosted: 08/13/17 10:11 am    ::: Maya and Alana Reply Reply with quote

How important was AB's defense of Maya?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: