Lynx
50%
 50%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 30

pilight

PostPosted: 08/11/17 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked the old logo, but the new one is not bad

PostPosted: 08/11/17 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheryl Reeve and the Lynx choke a big game against a good team, at home? What are the odds? Other teams in the WNBA, like Dallas, have no problem beating the Sparks, but the Lynx, as they always do when they play a team with more than 2 All-Star caliber players, play like crap. I am sick of tired the Lynx underperforming every year. Their new logo should be a pile of feces to reflect the fact that the Lynx always shit their pants against good teams, like the Sparks last year in the WNBA Finals, and tonight.

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/11/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Their new logo should be a pile of feces to reflect the fact that the Lynx always shit their pants against good teams, like the Sparks last year in the WNBA Finals, and tonight.

That word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

PostPosted: 08/11/17 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! If the Sparks can win without Essence's defense and playing only 7 players, that may bode well going forward. I just got home so let me digest my supper and this game together.

PostPosted: 08/11/17 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Wow! If the Sparks can win without Essence's defense and playing only 7 players, that may bode well going forward. I just got home so let me digest my supper and this game together.

The Sparks could suit up a 2nd grade team, and only have 4 players available, and the Lynx would still probably lose against them. I'd be more impressed when the Sparks beat real WNBA teams, like the Liberty, Mystics, and Sky, who they all play next.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/11/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turnovers and defense seemed to be what I found as our biggest problem. We were literally throwing the ball out of bounds after getting a defensive rebound. That cannot happen. LA found a groove in the 3rd quarter and we went cold. Luckily we got back into the game and could have come up with a victory, but it wasn't enough.

Renee is a good spark off the bench. Her starting hasn't been great for us. Unfortunately, AJ hasn't gotten minutes early in the season to give Reeve confidence in her for now and we don't have another option, unless we go no PG to start the game - which I don't see happening.

If I don't have to see those ref officials together as a group again tho, I'll be happy.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Ummm Chelsea F'n Gray. Love that kid. Im going to go out on a limb and say she's becoming one of the top point guards in this league. What other pg is having a better season? Pilight? Thomas? Diggins? Vandersloot? Clarendon? Bird? I'd say Chels is slowly becoming a premiere pg in this league. Now come on LA. Hold on to the lead.

"Best" is subjective due to what qualities you're looking for. But out of those players Gray is the biggest matchup problem from my perspective because of her size and wingspan.

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just double-checked, and Jenny Boucek is 3-0 at home against the Sparks the past two years while the Lynx are 2-4. Even coaches who get fired for being incompetent are better against the Sparks than the Lynx are!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
jap wrote:

The Sparks could suit up a 2nd grade team, and only have 4 players available, and the Lynx would still probably lose against them. I'd be more impressed when the Sparks beat real WNBA teams, like the Liberty, Mystics, and Sky, who they all play next.

Reeve blocked you on twitter, didn't she?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I just double-checked, and Jenny Boucek is 3-0 at home against the Sparks the past two years while the Lynx are 2-4. Even coaches who get fired for being incompetent are better against the Sparks than the Lynx are!

Hey, Junk, you think Jennyboo would have been 3-0 against LA if she was missing Sue Bird? Mmm, no.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Turnovers and defense seemed to be what I found as our biggest problem. We were literally throwing the ball out of bounds after getting a defensive rebound. That cannot happen. LA found a groove in the 3rd quarter and we went cold. Luckily we got back into the game and could have come up with a victory, but it wasn't enough.

Renee is a good spark off the bench. Her starting hasn't been great for us. Unfortunately, AJ hasn't gotten minutes early in the season to give Reeve confidence in her for now and we don't have another option, unless we go no PG to start the game - which I don't see happening.

Augustus has been putting up assists all season. It shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Every year the Lynx start out strong, and every year they hit a skid in August, and every year everyone wonders what's wrong with the Lynx in August. So nothing new going on here.

Fowles gets into unusually early foul trouble against Indy, and the Sparks aren't the worst team. They had the luck on their side in this game. The Lynx are still the most feared team out there.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jap

PostPosted: 08/12/17 5:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ace scores 2 points the first meeting, and the Sparks fall by eleven. Nneka tallies 3 points last night, and her team wins by six digits. Can the high-low tag team put it all together in LA this coming August 27?

I'm glad Odyssey and Syd the Kid received their baptism into the LA - Los Lynx world wars. Too bad Riquna was sidelined last night, but at least she was there for World War I - the 2017 edition.

PostPosted: 08/12/17 5:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Time to beat the Dead horse.....unless minny can trade her for a young PG or SG....Natasha Howard is a wasted asset.It makes no sense that she's sitting on the bench losing value in the final year of her contract....when the season is over,minnesota should match any offer,then trade(offer) Howard & the 2018 1st rd pick to SA for M.Jefferson.

Why would SA make that deal? 👎🏿

1.Because a Plum/Jefferson backcourt has it's limits.

2.Howard has upside at the PF position.

3.San Antonio would also get a late 1st rd pick.The stars could then draft Nared,Canada,Russell,Billings,Vivians,or Brown.

4.Jefferson's had some nagging injuries.San Antonio runs the risk of losing Mo to an injury(Faulkner),and getting nothing in return.

Howard is not better then Harrison or has better upside then her tbh. The stars can get more for Jefferson that another PF which is what they dont need at all and a late first round pick

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/17 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Time to beat the Dead horse.....unless minny can trade her for a young PG or SG....Natasha Howard is a wasted asset.It makes no sense that she's sitting on the bench losing value in the final year of her contract....when the season is over,minnesota should match any offer,then trade(offer) Howard & the 2018 1st rd pick to SA for M.Jefferson.

3.San Antonio would also get a late 1st rd pick.The stars could then draft Nared,Canada,Russell,Billings,Vivians,or Brown.

4.Jefferson's had some nagging injuries.San Antonio runs the risk of losing Mo to an injury(Faulkner),and getting nothing in return.

Howard is not better then Harrison or has better upside then her tbh. The stars can get more for Jefferson that another PF which is what they dont need at all and a late first round pick

1.Howard hasn't been given an opportunity to show what she can do.Playing Natasha 10 mpg at a unfamiliar.position is B.S.

2.Howard scored 24 points in only 18 minutes against the US National team.She hit three 3 ptfgs in that game.

3.Reeve doesn't give her young players a chance unless it's force upon her(see A.Jones,S.Rodgers).Minnesota has done a poor job of drafting,and developing young players over the last 6 years.

4.Reeve was outcoached in the 2012 & 2016 wnba finals.

If Minnesota doesn't win the championship this season,Reeve needs to be held accountable.I'm not saying she should be fired.But she's made too made questionable decisions on and off the court.Signing Pierson was just stupid.Let Howard play 18-22 minutes without giving her the quick hook.I don't think it's fair that Howard is being ask to play a different position when she has not yet to fully established herself as a wnba rotation player.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/12/17 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/17 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Every year the Lynx start out strong, and every year they hit a skid in August, and every year everyone wonders what's wrong with the Lynx in August. So nothing new going on here.

Exactly. Every team hits a skid at some point in the season. If I were a Lynx fan the real worry is Whalen's health. I'd be sending her "Get Well Soon" cards.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/17 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big advantage for the Liberty tomorrow is that Agler only used 7 players and every starter played at least 32 minutes. Keeping my fingers crossed that Williams & Carson are still out on Sunday.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/12/17 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Big advantage for the Liberty tomorrow is that Agler only used 7 players and every starter played at least 32 minutes. Keeping my fingers crossed that Williams & Carson are still out on Sunday.

If they didn't go with the team to Minnesota, how would they go to NY? Anyone see them on the bench last night?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Exactly. Every team hits a skid at some point in the season. If I were a Lynx fan the real worry is Whalen's health. I'd be sending her "Get Well Soon" cards.

She's fine. She's got clearance to practice. Do the Lynx win if she played this game? Not necessarily, but that's the easiest explanation to reach for so people reach for it.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Hoping for every little advantage is not exactly exuding confidence in your team, but I hope your team wins.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Minnesota limited the Los Angeles Sparks to 37.5 percent shooting, scored two more field goals, had a 35-30 edge in rebounding, a 26-22 advantage in points the paint and a 16-15 edge in assists, yet lost 70-64 in a matchup of last year’s WNBA finalists at the Xcel Energy Center.

The Lynx had won 42 consecutive games when holding an opponent under 40 percent from the field and 92 of 93 since the start of the 2011 season.

“Clearly, our problem was our offense; the third quarter in particular,” said coach Cheryl Reeve. “It just kind of snowballed, our frustration. Give L.A. credit, they were very, very physical and we didn’t respond very well. … We just couldn’t find our flow.”

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/12/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The whining about officiating in basketball is probably the biggest annoyance to me, and the posts on game threads about bad calls reflect the fact that most of those who blast the refs don't really see the whole game or they'd be ripping players for much more egregious errors on defense or dumb plays that shouldn't happen (but of course do) at this level.

The refs don't make every call correctly; Maya Moore and Odyssey Sims missed wideopen layups at critical times, and those are just two examples of very bad play (Brunson's midrange jumper that almost broke the backboard is another). Where are the posts on those? Oh, that's right -- it was the refs' fault.

As for the game, very interesting rotations and clear lack of bench support for both teams. Minnesota's seven through nine players combined for 13 minutes, 3 missed shots, no FTA, 0 rebounds, 1 turnover and 1 steal. Jantel Lavender contributed an almost equally empty 15 minutes for LA, but did manage four points and two rebounds, which could have been the difference in the game.

Getting Carson and Whalen back are obviously important, but as both teams have plenty of veterans, it's possible, if not likely, that a key player will be missing come postseason, so this might have been a reasonable foreshadowing of the Finals.

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

1.Howard hasn't been given an opportunity to show what she can do.Playing Natasha 10 mpg at a unfamiliar.position is B.S.

2.Howard scored 24 points in only 18 minutes against the US National team.She hit three 3 ptfgs in that game.

3.Reeve doesn't give her young players a chance unless it's force upon her(see A.Jones,S.Rodgers).Minnesota has done a poor job of drafting,and developing young players over the last 6 years.

4.Reeve was outcoached in the 2012 & 2016 wnba finals.

If Minnesota doesn't win the championship this season,Reeve needs to be held accountable.I'm not saying she should be fired.But she's made too made questionable decisions on and off the court.Signing Pierson was just stupid.Let Howard play 18-22 minutes without giving her the quick hook.I don't think it's fair that Howard is being ask to play a different position when she has not yet to fully established herself as a wnba rotation player.

I see your points but im just saying that its not a good deal for the Stars. It would be a great deal for the Lynx

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx get enough help from the FA market they don't need to swindle the lowly Stars.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
As for the game, very interesting rotations and clear lack of bench support for both teams.

As can be expected in a must-win game between Agler and Reeve.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/12/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA lack of outside shooting should be a concern for them going to the playoffs. It played a role in Nneka struggles to score inside in the gm. I know people want CP on the block but if her knocking threes can stretch the defense it can't be a bad thing for LA. It seems like her Gray & Weise were the only ones confident to take a midrange to 3 point shot. Poor Sims seems like she lost all faith in her jumper. Nneka can shoot from mid range but was forcing the issue inside the paint but of course she hit a clutch jumper lol.

The Lynx feed was bad to listen to but I'm sure the LA feed wasn't any better.

I agree with ClayK about the refs complaining. Last time I checked it's not refs job to score rebound and assist which is what shows up on the scoreboard. I was kinda glad they were calling the gm tight cause things were getting too physical for example Gray got hurt.

Renee didn't run the offense as smooth as Whalen but she doesn't have the court vision and passing ability to do it like Whalen.

Some of those point blank misses were shocking especially from Nneka

Glad LA won cause they need it with the Suns only being a few gms back.

Last edited by Libra_Girl on 08/12/17 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: