RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Stars @ Sky - 8/10/17

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Stars
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Sky
73%
 73%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43718



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:17 pm    ::: Stars @ Sky - 8/10/17 Reply Reply with quote

Rosemont, IL - 8:00 PM ET
TV: The U Too (10:00 PM ET Tape Delay)
Online: http://www.espn.com/watch/

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170810/SANCHI



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54475
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erika DeSouza is out for this game



_________________
At the end of the fight is a tombstone white
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14059



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Erika DeSouza is out for this game


Advantage for the Stars.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Angus24



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 655
Location: South Dakota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SAS is on a roll and should win this one. Wonder if Jefferson can play. Time for Plum to light up the scoreboard again.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13724
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Erika DeSouza is out for this game


Advantage for the Stars.


Laughing Laughing Laughing


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54475
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jefferson still out



_________________
At the end of the fight is a tombstone white
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20230



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Advantage Dolson if she gets to have Hamby 'guarding' her.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5390



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going to be a tough grind without Mo.



_________________
CORINNE BAILEY RAE
The Heart Speaks In Whispers



Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 170
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see another 20/10 from Vandersloot


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 170
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

San Antonio literally cannot guard Quigley


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 170
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6 assists for Sloot already, though some of them felt a little generous


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 170
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vandersloot is on a completely different level than any other point guard right now. Just wow.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6296



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. She is epic so far tonight.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5162



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Copper is tough to stop one on one.


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 170
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a team that gets open looks straight from inbounds as often as Chicago?


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6296



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about trying "Hack a Hamby"?





(Don't mind me - I'm just filling for myrtle).


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6296



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot better get a few extra dimes for insurance.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20230



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
How about trying "Hack a Hamby"?





(Don't mind me - I'm just filling for myrtle).


Thanks. I'm trying to be generous, but in spite of her stats, she really is a key reason San Antonio is so shitty.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5162



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stocks pulls all the starters with 3 minutes left and a 19 point lead. I like it. Should be done more often.

Edit: But I check back later and she inexplicably has Quigley in with Chicago up by 22.




Last edited by tfan on 08/10/17 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5390



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biggest Sky feed was off Lady Plum. They ate her alive.



_________________
CORINNE BAILEY RAE
The Heart Speaks In Whispers



Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43718



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars no longer one of the hottest teams in the league.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 170
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok WNBA, those Vandersloot dimes were all great, you don't need to check anything, just saying Wink


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6296



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Between Sky, Dream and Storm all fighting for the last playoff spot, only the Sky have momentum on their side. Dream and Storm are in free fall.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5695



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Between Sky, Dream and Storm all fighting for the last playoff spot, only the Sky have momentum on their side. Dream and Storm are in free fall.


Dallas should be added to the mix.....It's really 4 teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17546



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Between Sky, Dream and Storm all fighting for the last playoff spot, only the Sky have momentum on their side. Dream and Storm are in free fall.


Dallas should be added to the mix.....It's really 4 teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots.


Seems more like Chicago fighting for one of the last 2 playoff spots, and 5 other teams fighting for a lottery pick Razz



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5695



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/10/17 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Between Sky, Dream and Storm all fighting for the last playoff spot, only the Sky have momentum on their side. Dream and Storm are in free fall.


Dallas should be added to the mix.....It's really 4 teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots.


Seems more like Chicago fighting for one of the last 2 playoff spots, and 5 other teams fighting for a lottery pick Razz


Chicago being one of those 5 teams since they have Atlanta's pick.

Chicago could end up with the 5th & 6th picks,or two lottery picks......or 1 and 1.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14307
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 5:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14059



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 5:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky started the season 3-12 for their first 15 games and have gone on to 8-4 for their last 12.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 170
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 6:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Sky started the season 3-12 for their first 15 games and have gone on to 8-4 for their last 12.


Vandersloot's first 8 games:
7.3 points, 4.8 assists
Sky record 1-7

Vandersloot's last 12 games:
14 points, 10 assists
Sky record 8-4

Too late to make an MVP case? Very Happy


bullsky



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 20228



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?



_________________
"Don't do something until you get it right, do it until you can't do it wrong."
- Geno Auriemma
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54475
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?


There is no minimum. In 2015 Candace Parker made All WNBA while playing only 16 games. In 2003 Lisa Leslie made 1st team All WNBA while playing only 23 games.



_________________
At the end of the fight is a tombstone white
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2609
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Randy wrote:
How about trying "Hack a Hamby"?





(Don't mind me - I'm just filling for myrtle).


Thanks. I'm trying to be generous, but in spite of her stats, she really is a key reason San Antonio is so shitty.


So now that T. Young is getting older you have to find a new player to beat down every game? Laughing Hamby is a new mommy. Give her some slack, Myrtle.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43718



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?


There is no minimum. In 2015 Candace Parker made All WNBA while playing only 16 games. In 2003 Lisa Leslie made 1st team All WNBA while playing only 23 games.


Just reinforces the meaninglessness of All WNBA.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13724
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?


There is no minimum. In 2015 Candace Parker made All WNBA while playing only 16 games. In 2003 Lisa Leslie made 1st team All WNBA while playing only 23 games.


But Vandersloot doesn't play for the Sparks ...


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43718



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?


There is no minimum. In 2015 Candace Parker made All WNBA while playing only 16 games. In 2003 Lisa Leslie made 1st team All WNBA while playing only 23 games.


But Vandersloot doesn't play for the Sparks ...


Yeah, usually pilight is the one pointing out favoritism towards the Sparks, but lately he's been acting naive about it. Surprised



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13724
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?


There is no minimum. In 2015 Candace Parker made All WNBA while playing only 16 games. In 2003 Lisa Leslie made 1st team All WNBA while playing only 23 games.


But Vandersloot doesn't play for the Sparks ...


Yeah, usually pilight is the one pointing out favoritism towards the Sparks, but lately he's been acting naive about it. Surprised


Please don't include my quotes in your attacks.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43718



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?


There is no minimum. In 2015 Candace Parker made All WNBA while playing only 16 games. In 2003 Lisa Leslie made 1st team All WNBA while playing only 23 games.


But Vandersloot doesn't play for the Sparks ...


Yeah, usually pilight is the one pointing out favoritism towards the Sparks, but lately he's been acting naive about it. Surprised


Please don't include my quotes in your attacks.


You weren't implying favoritism to the Sparks? Pointing out that someone seems naive to favoritism to the Sparks is hardly an attack. It's just an observation that maybe he didn't even realize before he tried to make an argument out of it.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54475
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Who would of thought that the Sky would make the playoffs after that horrible start Shocked

Sloot deserves to be on an all WNBA team


Has Sloot missed too many games to be considered all WNBA?


There is no minimum. In 2015 Candace Parker made All WNBA while playing only 16 games. In 2003 Lisa Leslie made 1st team All WNBA while playing only 23 games.


But Vandersloot doesn't play for the Sparks ...


Yeah, usually pilight is the one pointing out favoritism towards the Sparks, but lately he's been acting naive about it. Surprised


Please don't include my quotes in your attacks.


You weren't implying favoritism to the Sparks? Pointing out that someone seems naive to favoritism to the Sparks is hardly an attack. It's just an observation that maybe he didn't even realize before he tried to make an argument out of it.


I just picked the most extreme examples, which naturally are Sparks. Vandersloot has missed seven games. Other players have made All WNBA missing that many or more; Brittney Griner in 2015, Seimone Augustus in 2014, Sylvia Fowles in 2012, Lauren Jackson in 2009, Lisa Leslie in 2009, Candace Parker in 2009, Lauren Jackson in 2008, Tamika Catchings in 2007, Tina Thompson in 2004, Chamique Holdsclaw in 2002, Ticha Penicheiro in 2001. It is a common occurrence.



_________________
At the end of the fight is a tombstone white
Angus24



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 655
Location: South Dakota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky had really good chemistry compared to SAS. 28 assists compared to 18 for SAS. Turnovers 17 to 12. Sky seemed like a whole new team compared to their last game with SAS. VJ still playing her hunches with really strange substitutions which sometimes work but do nothing for building chemistry.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8200



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/17 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
The Sky had really good chemistry compared to SAS. 28 assists compared to 18 for SAS. Turnovers 17 to 12. Sky seemed like a whole new team compared to their last game with SAS.


Looking at raw assists doesn't always tell the story, because to get an assist the shooter has to make the basket. I've coached teams where we moved the ball really well but since no one could finish we never had any assists.

Even percentage of baskets assisted doesn't always tell the tale, because a team with a strong individual scorer, or a one-on-one player having a good night, might not have that many assists.

Overall, though, it's a good metric but I don't think you can lean on it too heavily.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin