RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Lynx @ Dream - 8/08/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Lynx
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
Dream
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

Author Message
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syl got her 2500th rebound in the first half and Mone recorded her career high in assists for a season (previously was 83).


Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 419



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Syl likes playing in Atlanta! :P


Don't give her any ideas.


Fowles for Hayes, Boyette and a 2nd.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Syl likes playing in Atlanta! Razz


Don't give her any ideas.


Fowles for Hayes, Boyette and a 2nd.


No, no, and no Very Happy



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Syl likes playing in Atlanta! Razz


Don't give her any ideas.


Fowles for Hayes, Boyette and a 2nd.


I can already hear Roger hanging the phone up and laughing Laughing


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx have to get it together.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if we can bring our whole bench unit in all at once. Need to keep more starters in with them.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17716



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Syl likes playing in Atlanta! Razz


Don't give her any ideas.


Fowles for Hayes, Boyette and a 2nd.


Nah, it'll need to be a 3-team deal that sends Banham to Minnesota if you want it approved here Wink



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Syl likes playing in Atlanta! Razz


Don't give her any ideas.


Fowles for Hayes, Boyette and a 2nd.


Nah, it'll need to be a 3-team deal that sends Banham to Minnesota if you want it approved here Wink


Maya to Atlanta
Syl to Connecticut
Banham to Minnesota
Zahui B to Minnesota
Whatever NY wants to them

I think that might get it done around here Wink Laughing


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you Monty! Let's dominate in the 4th like last time.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We need to refocus for the fourth. We let them get too much momentum in the 3rd. Confused


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang. Clarendon and Monty going at it Laughing



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
ster II



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 130
Location: Gotham City


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a BS call!!!!! Illegal screen my ass!!! These refs suck!!! Even with a review they get calls wrong!!! Wtf!!!!!!!


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ster II wrote:
That was a BS call!!!!! Illegal screen my ass!!! These refs suck!!! Even with a review they get calls wrong!!! Wtf!!!!!!!


I agree with you. I feel like they reviewed it and had to make a call. WNBA reffing at its finest.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 419



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This loss moves Chicago into the eighth seed, via tiebreaker, right?



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
This loss moves Chicago into the eighth seed, via tiebreaker, right?


Correct


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6477
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
ster II wrote:
That was a BS call!!!!! Illegal screen my ass!!! These refs suck!!! Even with a review they get calls wrong!!! Wtf!!!!!!!


I agree with you. I feel like they reviewed it and had to make a call. WNBA reffing at its finest.

Well they cannot review a normal foul call. They review it to see if it was a flagrant or not. On review they would have noticed they royally screwed the pooch, but they are not allowed to return a "no foul" call, they have to keep what was called on the floor.



_________________
Covfefe when the walls fell.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Meadors in the house! Cooper, watch out! Razz


This is a rare night - the stars must be in perfect alignment. Meadors & Angel present and T. Young playing for the Dream - all on the same night. I imagine all 3 them will be going out tonight for some ice cream and talk about the good old days.


ster II



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 130
Location: Gotham City


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well that's just dumb!!
Whatever happened to... " Upon further review, there was no infraction/foul on the play. Just incidental contact. Possesion Dream, side out."

Maybe she was right, " 1 2 3, Fire the Referee!!! 😡


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
This loss moves Chicago into the eighth seed, via tiebreaker, right?


3 way tie for the last playoff spot, but the Sky have the tiebreaker. It's kind of like Thunderdome now "3 teams enter, 1 team leaves....."


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Heh... SEA/CON goes to halftime, so I switch over to MIN/ATL, just in time to hear LaChina say something like, "Games like this really show where the Dream miss Angel McCoughtry," and my first thought was, "Nobody better tell Randy she said that!"


I'm hoping we bring her back on a couple 7 day contracts for the playoffs. She is, after all, a playoff specialist.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Heh... SEA/CON goes to halftime, so I switch over to MIN/ATL, just in time to hear LaChina say something like, "Games like this really show where the Dream miss Angel McCoughtry," and my first thought was, "Nobody better tell Randy she said that!"


I'm hoping we bring her back on a couple 7 day contracts for the playoffs. She is, after all, a playoff specialist.


Gotta get into the playoffs first! Wink


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54948
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bria Holmes is rapidly moving up the list of my favorite Dream players

Atlanta has no answer for Fowles

The refs were so bad I cursed at them, which (contrary to expectations) I almost never do. This was the first time this season I did so.

Cooper has apparently already lost all faith in Boyette. If the Dream wind up in the lottery his seat will be scorching hot.



_________________
I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
This loss moves Chicago into the eighth seed, via tiebreaker, right?


3 way tie for the last playoff spot, but the Sky have the tiebreaker. It's kind of like Thunderdome now "3 teams enter, 1 team leaves....."


In case anybody was wondering, the Lynx winning leaves me speechless. Smile


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If the Dream wind up in the lottery his seat will be scorching hot.


I hope not. Last time we did that we threw away 2 future All Stars and ended up in the lottery. Cooper may not get everything right every time, but he has built a roster out of a bunch of players nobody wanted. Plus, he does have the built in excuse that we don't have Angel and everyone predicted the team would be even worse than they have done.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
This loss moves Chicago into the eighth seed, via tiebreaker, right?


3 way tie for the last playoff spot, but the Sky have the tiebreaker. It's kind of like Thunderdome now "3 teams enter, 1 team leaves....."


In case anybody was wondering, the Lynx winning leaves me speechless. Smile


Nobody was wondering.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nobody was wondering.


I thought so! 😂


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15150
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cooper has apparently already lost all faith in Boyette. If the Dream wind up in the lottery his seat will be scorching hot.


That happened with such supernatural speed that I have to think there's more to it.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14469
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream are doing better then everybody expected at the start of the season. How many people thought they would be in the very bottom of the standings. They are still competing for that 8th place and i dont think a lot of people would of guessed that at the start of the season.
Clarendon, Hayes and Sykes played very well but their play has dropped off a little and they dont use Williams enough IMO. Resulting in these losses.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They kept trying to get the ball into Williams and most of the time it didn't get there, and if it did she would get blocked by Fowles or Brunson or both.

I also think it is a little early to say Cooper is done with Boyette. She has been on the team about a week and in that time they have had a few game and probably little practice time. My guess is she probably won't be able to get into the lineup on a regular basis until next season.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4099
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think cooper has actually overachieved with this team. I had them next to last in my pre-season rankings & there fighting for a playoff spot. I think he's gotten the best out of this team so far , but we all knew when the schedule got tougher they would begin to slide down after an impressive start. Cooper should remain with the team in my opinion , when angel comes back & they get a lottery pick ATL could be dangerous ! Especially if they get Aja !



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I think cooper has actually overachieved with this team. I had them next to last in my pre-season rankings & there fighting for a playoff spot. I think he's gotten the best out of this team so far , but we all knew when the schedule got tougher they would begin to slide down after an impressive start. Cooper should remain with the team in my opinion , when angel comes back & they get a lottery pick ATL could be dangerous ! Especially if they get Aja !


The Dream just traded their first round pick for Imani Boyette & Tamera Young right before the trading deadline though. Cool


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4099
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I think cooper has actually overachieved with this team. I had them next to last in my pre-season rankings & there fighting for a playoff spot. I think he's gotten the best out of this team so far , but we all knew when the schedule got tougher they would begin to slide down after an impressive start. Cooper should remain with the team in my opinion , when angel comes back & they get a lottery pick ATL could be dangerous ! Especially if they get Aja !


The Dream just traded their first round pick for Imani Boyette & Tamera Young right before the trading deadline though. Cool


Oh damn i forget about that idiot move nvm..let the warming begin ! Laughing



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54948
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Meadors in the house! Cooper, watch out! Razz


Angel McCoughtry was also in attendance. She and Marynell chatted in an apparently friendly manner. Sue Panek was with Meadors, as usual.



_________________
I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8424



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just curious: Any estimate as to how many extra fans showed up because of Maya Moore?

I always wonder if where a player goes to high school has any significant impact on attendance.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54948
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Just curious: Any estimate as to how many extra fans showed up because of Maya Moore?

I always wonder if where a player goes to high school has any significant impact on attendance.


Not as many as last time the Lynx were here. School started this week in Atlanta, so attendance for this weeknight game was poor even by Dream standards.



_________________
I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44371



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Just curious: Any estimate as to how many extra fans showed up because of Maya Moore?

I always wonder if where a player goes to high school has any significant impact on attendance.


It's not just any player, it's Maya Moore... consistently one of the top players in the league and ultimate role model.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4099
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Just curious: Any estimate as to how many extra fans showed up because of Maya Moore?

I always wonder if where a player goes to high school has any significant impact on attendance.


It's not just any player, it's Maya Moore... consistently one of the top players in the league and ultimate role model.


Idk about the hometown high school aspect , but i know when LA and candace come in town people show up to see. Same with BG & DT



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Just curious: Any estimate as to how many extra fans showed up because of Maya Moore?

I always wonder if where a player goes to high school has any significant impact on attendance.


It's not just any player, it's Maya Moore... consistently one of the top players in the league and ultimate role model.


Idk about the hometown high school aspect , but i know when LA and candace come in town people show up to see. Same with BG & DT


The prior game I felt like the Lynx fans were generally louder and more enthused than the Dream fans. It was quite annoying. Not the case last night. But then the crowd was so small that refs could probably hear the rants and taunts of individual fans.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54948
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Cooper has apparently already lost all faith in Boyette. If the Dream wind up in the lottery his seat will be scorching hot.


That happened with such supernatural speed that I have to think there's more to it.


The Dream fans near me were very down on Boyette, Cooper, and the trade. The way they talked about Boyette was reminiscent of how Lib fans talked about Sidney Spencer.



_________________
I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6593



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Cooper has apparently already lost all faith in Boyette. If the Dream wind up in the lottery his seat will be scorching hot.


That happened with such supernatural speed that I have to think there's more to it.


The Dream fans near me were very down on Boyette, Cooper, and the trade. The way they talked about Boyette was reminiscent of how Lib fans talked about Sidney Spencer.

Fans opinions of players, coaches and GM's rise and fall with the last game played. Just look at the NY threads.

The truth is fans don't know shit even us basement geniuses. I'll use myself as a bad example. I loved the Dream drafting Shoni and signing Dumerc. Fail and Fail. I was incensed at the Bentley trade. Pass. I thought the J. Thomas trade might be addition by subtraction. Fail. I liked the Erika deal. Pass. I very much disliked the Williams trade. Fail. I wasn't wild about drafting Holmes. Fail. I hated trading anything for Clarendon. Fail. I thought it was bad idea to waive Wheeler. Pass I was not all that excited about drafting Sykes (I wanted her team mate - Peterson). Fail. I'm ok with the Boyette trade. Incomplete. I'm pretty sure most fans haven't done any better than me. I recall Seattle fans thinking Swords was exactly what they needed just as an example. I recall a Dream fan saying Burdick had more potential than Dantas. Which one has a job now?

So next time you see those folks ask them how they did regarding Bentley, Thomas, Shoni, Dumerc, Holmes, Williams, Erika, Clarendon, Sykes, Wheeler and anyone else I forgot.

Razz


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin