RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

North Korea threatens strike on Guam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:49 pm    ::: North Korea threatens strike on Guam Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Washington (CNN)North Korea's military is "examining the operational plan" to strike areas around Guam with medium-to-long-range strategic ballistic missiles, state-run news agency KCNA said early Wednesday local time.

The threat comes just hours after US President Donald Trump warned Pyongyang that if they continued to threaten the US, they would "face fire and fury like the world has never seen."

Dubbed the "Tip of the Spear," Guam is a key to the US military's forward deployed presence in the Pacific and is home to thousands of American service members and their families.

Congress, step in and do something. I'm not dying for no Devil with a bad ass orange glow and a dead fox for a wig.

...and why was Melania even at the briefing???

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/08/politics/north-korea-considering-guam-strike-trump/index.html

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire, fury like the world has never seen. He has been very threatening beyond a normal state, and as I said, they will be met with the fire and fury and frankly power, the likes of which this world has never seen before. Thank you."

Seriously? It's been amateur hour throughout the Trump presidency but now the moron is using over-the-top rhetoric about an extremely volatile situation with nukes invloved. It's bad enough when he is just embarrassing us on the international stage, but his incompetence just pushed the doomsday clock forward significantly.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"But ... but ... He started it!!" - [points at Kim Jong-un]

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fire and fury my ass.

He's a BIG PUSSY and will do nothing.

Eyes on the prize- Mueller investigation.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Fire and fury my ass.

If they actually attack Guam he'll have to do something. However, it's hard to imagine any response between "impotent Tweetstorm" and "World War III".

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Fire and fury my ass.

If they actually attack Guam he'll have to do something. However, it's hard to imagine any response between "impotent Tweetstorm" and "World War III".

i'll go out on a limb and say nothing much will happen.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Fire and fury my ass.

Yes. But the best way to prevent this from happening is not by getting into the equivalent of an internet flame war with an unhinged despotic ruler that is already paranoid. Especially when it is two incredibly thin skinned individuals who feel the need to prove how tough they are. De-esculation would be key right about now, something that it appeared Tillerson had been working on with some success lately, at least until Trump decided to channel some shit version of a Game of Thrones script.

It almost seems like Trump wants North Korea to attack so that he can feel justified in attacking them. Which is just beyond stupid.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Fire and fury my ass.

Yes. But the best way to prevent this from happening is not by getting into the equivalent of an internet flame war with an unhinged despotic ruler that is already paranoid. Especially when it is two incredibly thin skinned individuals who feel the need to prove how tough they are. De-esculation would be key right about now, something that it appeared Tillerson had been working on with some success lately, at least until Trump decided to channel some shit version of a Game of Thrones script.

That would be easier if the State Department was fully staffed. There's no undersecretary for Arms Control and International Security. There's no assistant secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs. There's no assistant secretary for International Security and Nonproliferation. There's no ambassador to South Korea. Any of those positions sound useful in this situation?

PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Fire and fury my ass.

It almost seems like Trump wants North Korea to attack so that he can feel justified in attacking them. Which is just beyond stupid.

It would be a hell of a distraction (Trump's specialty) from the Mueller investigation.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking so casually about nuking millions of innocent people... Wow. I knew Trump was bad but this is low even for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: