RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mohegan Bus?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/07/17 4:47 pm    ::: Mohegan Bus? Reply Reply with quote

Quick question for HC or Queenie. Is the Mohegan bus in the same place it used to be two years ago? And what is that location again even if it is?

If the Libs go 0-3 or 1-2 it's moot and I'll watch on TV. 2-1 and I'm thinking about it. 3-0 I'm definitely going.

PostPosted: 08/07/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Sun were to make the Final this year I was considering a road trip. What's the details on this bus to Mohegan Sun?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/07/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one I know of leaves from Flushing.

PostPosted: 08/07/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The bus company is VMC East Coast, they leave out of Flushing (135-08 Roosevelt Ave. #203), the tickets cost $13 going up and a $2 "tip" going back (which can be more depending on how generous one feels, and/or how lucky one has been, and/or whether one has had to throw oneself at the mercy of the tour coordinator {the person, usually female except for the one dude} who takes tickets and assigns seats), you get a voucher for $15 food and $20 matchplay.

They also have a Manhattan location, and there's a route out of Brooklyn as well, but I know far less about either of those.

(now with spelling variations)
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/08/17 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks! So no Golden Global anymore I guess.

PostPosted: 08/08/17 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Thanks! So no Golden Global anymore I guess.

Golden Global got bought out. These guys are pretty professional, though.

Schedule has been somewhat reduced- I'd say go to the office the day before if you can, buy your tickets then, and get a copy of the schedule. There are only a couple of buses that really work for going up to night games.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/08/17 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. If I wind up going I'll definitely go the day before. What about the timeliness of the return buses? Is there any danger of the end of the game conflicting with that if say the game goes into triple OT or such?

PostPosted: 08/09/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
The bus company is VMC East Coast, they leave out of Flushing (135-08 Roosevelt Ave. #203), the tickets cost $13 going up and a $2 "tip" going back (which can be more depending on how generous one feels, and/or how lucky one has been, and/or whether one has had to throw oneself at the mercy of the tour coordinator {the person, usually female except for the one dude} who takes tickets and assigns seats), you get a voucher for $15 food and $20 matchplay.

They also have a Manhattan location, and there's a route out of Brooklyn as well, but I know far less about either of those.

I caught a bus from Providence once. cost was about the same w/same perks, w/o the assigned seat ish..

PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coming from Jersey, I'm wondering if it would be easier to just drive there. I'll cross this path if the Sun make the finals.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Metro North still have the Mohegan train / bus package ?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/12/17 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Does Metro North still have the Mohegan train / bus package ?

I've never traveled that way before but the last schedule I could find on the internet was from 2015.

PostPosted: 08/13/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One more question. I found a bus schedule. Like the old company, there were 8 hour time frames provided from NYC departure to Mohegan pickup. I'm assuming that it's ok if you come back on a bus after the 8 hour window? I intend to come back on the 10:30 bus, but I certainly don't want to go up on the 2:30 bus for obvious reasons as that's just cutting it way too close. I'd rather go up at noon or so just in case there's some type of crazy traffic.

PostPosted: 08/14/17 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
One more question. I found a bus schedule. Like the old company, there were 8 hour time frames provided from NYC departure to Mohegan pickup. I'm assuming that it's ok if you come back on a bus after the 8 hour window? I intend to come back on the 10:30 bus, but I certainly don't want to go up on the 2:30 bus for obvious reasons as that's just cutting it way too close. I'd rather go up at noon or so just in case there's some type of crazy traffic.

You'll have to ride standby, and that's always risky. On a Friday night you should be fine (you get people going up for the weekend, so the last buses out are emptier).

Also, yes, beware crazy traffic. I still remember that time the truck was on fire and it took six and a half hours to get to Mohegan.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/15/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and yes I remember you saying that about the traffic. We will likely go up on the 11 am bus. Between the voucher for games and food I imagine we can occupy ourselves should we get up there at 2 or so.

PostPosted: 08/16/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got my bus tickets today. I asked if the bus stops directly outside that address. I think it does but the woman behind the counter didn't seem to understand my question. Do you guys know if it stops directly outside the address?

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I got my bus tickets today. I asked if the bus stops directly outside that address. I think it does but the woman behind the counter didn't seem to understand my question. Do you guys know if it stops directly outside the address?

It has the last couple of times we've taken it. When in doubt, hang out over there and look for the dude/dudette with the clipboard who has the tickets that match yours. (Probably dudette. You might see the one dude on the return trip, though.)

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: