SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nobody was wondering.

I thought so! 😂

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/08/17 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cooper has apparently already lost all faith in Boyette. If the Dream wind up in the lottery his seat will be scorching hot.

That happened with such supernatural speed that I have to think there's more to it.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream are doing better then everybody expected at the start of the season. How many people thought they would be in the very bottom of the standings. They are still competing for that 8th place and i dont think a lot of people would of guessed that at the start of the season.
Clarendon, Hayes and Sykes played very well but their play has dropped off a little and they dont use Williams enough IMO. Resulting in these losses.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 08/09/17 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They kept trying to get the ball into Williams and most of the time it didn't get there, and if it did she would get blocked by Fowles or Brunson or both.

I also think it is a little early to say Cooper is done with Boyette. She has been on the team about a week and in that time they have had a few game and probably little practice time. My guess is she probably won't be able to get into the lineup on a regular basis until next season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think cooper has actually overachieved with this team. I had them next to last in my pre-season rankings & there fighting for a playoff spot. I think he's gotten the best out of this team so far , but we all knew when the schedule got tougher they would begin to slide down after an impressive start. Cooper should remain with the team in my opinion , when angel comes back & they get a lottery pick ATL could be dangerous ! Especially if they get Aja !

PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I think cooper has actually overachieved with this team. I had them next to last in my pre-season rankings & there fighting for a playoff spot. I think he's gotten the best out of this team so far , but we all knew when the schedule got tougher they would begin to slide down after an impressive start. Cooper should remain with the team in my opinion , when angel comes back & they get a lottery pick ATL could be dangerous ! Especially if they get Aja !

The Dream just traded their first round pick for Imani Boyette & Tamera Young right before the trading deadline though. Cool

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/09/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The Dream just traded their first round pick for Imani Boyette & Tamera Young right before the trading deadline though. Cool

Oh damn i forget about that idiot move nvm..let the warming begin ! Laughing

PostPosted: 08/09/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Meadors in the house! Cooper, watch out! Razz

Angel McCoughtry was also in attendance. She and Marynell chatted in an apparently friendly manner. Sue Panek was with Meadors, as usual.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just curious: Any estimate as to how many extra fans showed up because of Maya Moore?

I always wonder if where a player goes to high school has any significant impact on attendance.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Just curious: Any estimate as to how many extra fans showed up because of Maya Moore?

I always wonder if where a player goes to high school has any significant impact on attendance.

Not as many as last time the Lynx were here. School started this week in Atlanta, so attendance for this weeknight game was poor even by Dream standards.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

It's not just any player, it's Maya Moore... consistently one of the top players in the league and ultimate role model.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/09/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

It's not just any player, it's Maya Moore... consistently one of the top players in the league and ultimate role model.

Idk about the hometown high school aspect , but i know when LA and candace come in town people show up to see. Same with BG & DT

PostPosted: 08/09/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Idk about the hometown high school aspect , but i know when LA and candace come in town people show up to see. Same with BG & DT

The prior game I felt like the Lynx fans were generally louder and more enthused than the Dream fans. It was quite annoying. Not the case last night. But then the crowd was so small that refs could probably hear the rants and taunts of individual fans.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/09/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Cooper has apparently already lost all faith in Boyette. If the Dream wind up in the lottery his seat will be scorching hot.

That happened with such supernatural speed that I have to think there's more to it.

The Dream fans near me were very down on Boyette, Cooper, and the trade. The way they talked about Boyette was reminiscent of how Lib fans talked about Sidney Spencer.

PostPosted: 08/09/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:

The Dream fans near me were very down on Boyette, Cooper, and the trade. The way they talked about Boyette was reminiscent of how Lib fans talked about Sidney Spencer.

Fans opinions of players, coaches and GM's rise and fall with the last game played. Just look at the NY threads.

The truth is fans don't know shit even us basement geniuses. I'll use myself as a bad example. I loved the Dream drafting Shoni and signing Dumerc. Fail and Fail. I was incensed at the Bentley trade. Pass. I thought the J. Thomas trade might be addition by subtraction. Fail. I liked the Erika deal. Pass. I very much disliked the Williams trade. Fail. I wasn't wild about drafting Holmes. Fail. I hated trading anything for Clarendon. Fail. I thought it was bad idea to waive Wheeler. Pass I was not all that excited about drafting Sykes (I wanted her team mate - Peterson). Fail. I'm ok with the Boyette trade. Incomplete. I'm pretty sure most fans haven't done any better than me. I recall Seattle fans thinking Swords was exactly what they needed just as an example. I recall a Dream fan saying Burdick had more potential than Dantas. Which one has a job now?

So next time you see those folks ask them how they did regarding Bentley, Thomas, Shoni, Dumerc, Holmes, Williams, Erika, Clarendon, Sykes, Wheeler and anyone else I forgot.

Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: