17%  [ 4 ]
Sun
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

Shades

PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Seattle needs a lottery pick more than a playoff berth.

#8 seed. Best of both worlds!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
markinct

PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

They've got three #1 Picks already.....CLEARLY the problem isn't the players, I mean...#1 picks in your backcourt...and at the power forward...you want a 4th one with a coach who can't seem to get it done?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

markinct wrote:
zune69 wrote:

They've got three #1 Picks already.....CLEARLY the problem isn't the players, I mean...#1 picks in your backcourt...and at the power forward...you want a 4th one with a coach who can't seem to get it done?

Acquiring more talent is still beneficial though.

There is very little incentive for a borderline lottery team to fight hard for 7th or 8th place.

PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:58 pm    ::: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

If the Seattle ownership reacts as ownership usually does under these circumstances, look for a change in Storm leadership by Thursday (with the team back home before heading to Phoenix for Saturday's game).

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Seattle needs a coach more than a lottery pick

Chicago needs two lottery picks more than Seattle needs either of these things. GTFO our tank, Storm!

merlina

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:07 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

BobScoutingReport wrote:
If the Seattle ownership reacts as ownership usually does under these circumstances, look for a change in Storm leadership by Thursday (with the team back home before heading to Phoenix for Saturday's game).

I hope that's true. At this point I'm pretty sure I won't renew my season ticket if they haven't taken some serious action before the renewal deadline.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Seattle needs a G.M more than they need a coach.

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I'd prefer to have a lottery pick with a outside shot at Wilson.Better chance of getting a player that fits your roster.For example:Billings and Mitchell would not be good fits on the storm.The last thing seattle wants is a undersized SG or PF.

markinct wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Bird's 36 years old.....And talent is problem.Seattle needs a center and Small forward.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:23 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
BobScoutingReport wrote:

I hope that's true. At this point I'm pretty sure I won't renew my season ticket if they haven't taken some serious action before the renewal deadline.

Wow one bad season and Storm fans are jumping off the bridge. I'd love to be a season ticket holder for the Sun. I'd be one from 2003 and still to this day even through the bad years. God, nothing worse than bandwagon fans. Or as I call them, fans that are not and never have been true fans.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Seattle needs a G.M more than they need a coach.

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I'd prefer to have a lottery pick with a outside shot at Wilson.Better chance of getting a player that fits your roster.For example:Billings and Mitchell would not be good fits on the storm.The last thing seattle wants is a undersized SG or PF.

markinct wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Bird's 36 years old.....And talent is problem.Seattle needs a center and Small forward.

They have a center. Swords, who the stupid coach who cares more about how she looks than whats happening on the court, doesn't even now what to do with.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:25 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
BobScoutingReport wrote:

Wow one bad season and Storm fans are jumping off the bridge.

Well they just read what you wrote in the other thread - that despite being only 22 y.o. there is no improvement left in Stewie. So it's kinda your fault.

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:29 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
BobScoutingReport wrote:

Wow one bad season and Storm fans are jumping off the bridge. I'd love to be a season ticket holder for the Sun. I'd be one from 2003 and still to this day even through the bad years. God, nothing worse than bandwagon fans. Or as I call them, fans that are not and never have been true fans.

Seriously? One bad season?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:30 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
BobScoutingReport wrote:

Wow one bad season and Storm fans are jumping off the bridge.

Well they just read what you wrote in the other thread - that despite being only 22 y.o. there is no improvement left in Stewie. So it's kinda your fault.

Cool

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:33 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
BobScoutingReport wrote:

They made the playoffs last season. That doesn't constitute a bad season. It just means they blew it in the playoffs. Your team has, don't forget, won two championships. I'm never watching another Uconn game in my life and burning all Uconn memorabilia I have and cutting up my Gabby Williams jersey because they lost last year.

merlina

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:36 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
BobScoutingReport wrote:

They made the playoffs last season. That doesn't constitute a bad season. It just means they blew it in the playoffs. Your team has, don't forget, won two championships. I'm never watching another Uconn game in my life and burning all Uconn memorabilia I have and cutting up my Gabby Williams jersey because they lost last year.

Right. There has never been a more apples-to-apples comparison than Uconn and the Seattle Storm.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

They have a center. Swords, who the stupid coach who cares more about how she looks than whats happening on the court, doesn't even now what to do with.

Swords is a foul machine and a backup center at best...........Trading the #6 pick for Swords was just stupid(G.M)....Swords should get more minutes,but she's not a legit starter on a title contender.

merlina

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:42 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

[quote="merlina"]
Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
BobScoutingReport wrote:

Ranking 8th out of 12 with a sub-.500 record is certainly not a good season, playoffs or not.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords was never a star but she did start 100% of games last season and 65% of games in 2015, averaging 16mpg over those 2 seasons.
Now she has gone to a team that desperately needs post play, and she is producing career low scoring & rebounding.
Did she suddenly get worse, or is she just not being used correctly now?

Was trading for Swords stupid, or was trading for someone who produced 12 points & 10.5 rebounds per 40 minutes last season a fairly reasonable move for a team with a big hole in the middle?

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/08/17 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Swords is a foul machine and a backup center at best...........Trading the #6 pick for Swords was just stupid(G.M)....Swords should get more minutes,but she's not a legit starter on a title contender.

The Storm GM/Owners are morons anyways. They fired Agler, their roster is a mess, they hired Boucek who I knew from the day the news broke, would be a complete disaster. They need to hire a new coach, a new GM, and dump the entire roster aside Stewart, Loyd, Bird, KML and Langhorne. But honestly, it's fine with me. The western conference needs to get a bit weaker than it is. It's time the east comes into dominance.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The trouble is that the west teams always win the lotteries.......

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:50 pm    ::: Re: Seattle coaching Reply Reply with quote

BobScoutingReport wrote:

The Phoenix game is also the fan road trip. There is a Q and A with the head coach on Friday night. In that sense, the timing for making a replacement is amplified. I am really dreading this week.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

The Storm GM/Owners are morons anyways. They fired Agler, their roster is a mess, they hired Boucek who I knew from the day the news broke, would be a complete disaster. They need to hire a new coach, a new GM, and dump the entire roster aside Stewart, Loyd, Bird, KML and Langhorne. But honestly, it's fine with me. The western conference needs to get a bit weaker than it is. It's time the east comes into dominance.

Agler quit because he didn't want to coach rookies. If Boucek isn't hired, Sue Bird is wearing a Liberty uniform.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Agler quit because he didn't want to coach rookies. If Boucek isn't hired, Sue Bird is wearing a Liberty uniform.

Doubtful. Sue was retiring in Seattle all along. Nothing was ever going to change that.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

What's that worth in 2017, though? Is Boucek supposed to have job security, until Bird decides to retire? Hope y'all's ticket sales can hold out that long.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

What's that worth in 2017, though? Is Boucek supposed to have job security, until Bird decides to retire? Hope y'all's ticket sales can hold out that long.

Not worth anything anymore since Sue decided to sign a new contract to stay. But it was worth a lot then. I am in favor of a clean sweep too. There is no way the current situation is helping the team establish a culture for the future.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question you always have to ask is - what coach out there is better? And, who would you think you can put in charge the rest of the season and turn things around?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: