Lynx
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
Dream
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

Shades

PostPosted: 08/07/17 8:08 pm    ::: Lynx @ Dream - 8/08/17 Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta, GA - 7:00 PM ET
TV: FOX Sports South, Fox Sports North Plus
Online: League Pass

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170808/MINATL

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/07/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This should be an epic tank battle, as the Dream are doing everything possible to make sure they lose as many games as possible in order to maximize the value of their 3rd round pick, and the Lynx are intentionally losing games probably to avoid the potential historic embarassment of winning 30+ games in the regular season and not winning the champioship one year after being the 2nd team in history to win 28 games and not win a title. Smile

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 08/08/17 2:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
This should be an epic tank battle, as the Dream are doing everything possible to make sure they lose as many games as possible in order to maximize the value of their 3rd round pick, and the Lynx are intentionally losing games probably to avoid the potential historic embarassment of winning 30+ games in the regular season and not winning the champioship one year after being the 2nd team in history to win 28 games and not win a title. Smile

Just stop commenting and being ridiculous...smh

PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Yes pls stop. Im not even a Lynx fan and i find it annoying

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like it. Plus, it gives lots of great things for Reeve to post in the Lynx locker room and scream in her players ears during timeouts.

"You losers are as bad as Spacejam says!"

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I like it. Plus, it gives lots of great things for Reeve to post in the Lynx locker room and scream in her players ears during timeouts.

"You losers are as bad as Spacejam says!"

I can see it now. Reeve combing rebkell for bulletin board quotes to fire up the troops. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Yes pls stop. Im not even a Lynx fan and i find it annoying

Ive secretly enjoyed the banter but enough is enough. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

I remember you and other Lynx fans, saying the Lynx would win the WNBA Title last year. Nothing I have said is more ridiculous than that since the Lynx obviously didn't win the WNBA title last year, even if it was because they performed one of the greatest choke jobs in sports history (at least the Falcons losing in the Super Bowl made sure the Lynx losing wasn't the biggest choke job in history). Very Happy

Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Falcon choked in the Superbowl twice. Dream choked in the finals 3 x and I lost count of how many times the Hawks and Braves have choked. Atlanta has a culture that celebrates losers. That's why the drive around town with the losing side's flag in the Civil War on the back of their pickup trucks......

So we are the greatest losers Spacey.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Falcon choked in the Superbowl twice. Dream choked in the finals 3 x and I lost count of how many times the Hawks and Braves have choked. Atlanta has a culture that celebrates losers. That's why the drive around town with the losing side's flag in the Civil War on the back of their pickup trucks......

You have to factor in how many Minnesota sports titles have come from cheating, like that fat pig Hrbek pulling Ron Gant off of first base.

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe our failure to cheat is the reason we lose. Any way we can be proud now that we are just about the only team that has taken the high road and removed all incentives to tank. NY, Dallas, Seattle, Indiana, Chicago and SA can't say that.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

You have to factor in how many Minnesota sports titles have come from cheating, like that fat pig Hrbek pulling Ron Gant off of first base.

At least it's good to know that tepid Atlanta fans are worse than the most notorious & vulgar Lynx fans. Smile

Plus the 1998 Vikings performed the greatest choke-job in Minnesota sports history against Atlanta, so it's all even. 😂

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

My brother is a Marlins fan, so we laugh all the time about how the Marlins have twice as many World Series titles as Braves since the Marlins became a franchise, despite only having 2 seasons in franchise history in which they were any good (and of course, those two years they finished 2nd in the NL East behind the Braves). Very Happy

Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe I should just give up sports or root for a team from another city, like most Atlanta fans do. Tonight the Cult of Maya will probably be in full force outnumbering and drowning out the dozens of Dream fans. I really wish that Indiana would have lost so the Lynx overconfidence would continue. But sadly, they will probably be out for blood donations tonight. I'm betting godsylla will have spent the last two days sharpening her elbows to a fine point.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe I should just give up sports or root for a team from another city, like most Atlanta fans do. Tonight the Cult of Maya will probably be in full force outnumbering and drowning out the dozens of Dream fans. I really wish that Indiana would have lost so the Lynx overconfidence would continue. But sadly, they will probably be out for blood donations tonight. I'm betting godsylla will have spent the last two days sharpening her elbows to a fine point.

Even worse is that a majority of the 20% of the fans at the Dream game tonight who won't be cheering for Maya & her team will probably be cheering for the Lynx to win just so some crazy guy named SpaceJam on RebKell's doesn't go on another drunken rant tonight. Smile

Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be depressing as the scores of Maya fans should drown out the dozens of Dream fans.

But I can't wait anyway to see the reuniting of the Dream and Tamara Young. I'm hoping next season we can sign Erika, Camile, and Ivory to remake the 2008 Dream!!

Last edited by Randy on 08/08/17 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
But I can't wait anyway to see the reuniting of the Dream and Tamara Young. I'm hoping next season we can sign Erika, Camile, and Ivory to remake the 2008 Dream!!

That would explain why I saw Jennifer Lacy at a game recently...

PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Izi is still playing somewhere. For a team that was pretty bad, there are still a lot of players still playing in the WNBA.

scrappy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hahaha, you guys are acting like hockey fans. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/08/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

Hockey fans are so much worse.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe our failure to cheat is the reason we lose. Any way we can be proud now that we are just about the only team that has taken the high road and removed all incentives to tank. NY, Dallas, Seattle, Indiana, Chicago and SA can't say that.

Don't say that tank word too loud. We don't want the Commissioner to hear. Laughing
Now how would Atlanta fans feel if the Dream was in the lottery and the Sky made the playoffs? Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

The only way a Minnesota hockey team ever could win a championship was to move to Texas. Only the State of Hockey can win the Stanley Cup fewer times (zero) than teams in Texas, California, and Florida. Smile

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 08/08/17 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Randy wrote:

Don't say that tank word too loud. We don't want the Commissioner to hear. Laughing
Now how would Atlanta fans feel if the Dream was in the lottery and the Sky made the playoffs? Very Happy

Dream are the only team above suspicion when it comes to tanking. We are the the team of Integrity.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/08/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've had two hockey teams, but they didn't lose often enough in the playoffs so we ran them out of town. In fact, out of the country.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/08/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
We've had two hockey teams, but they didn't lose often enough in the playoffs so we ran them out of town. In fact, out of the country.

Could be worse. Your basketball team could leave and become the Clippers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: