RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Company Wants to Microchip Employees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you agree to be microchipped by your employer?
Yes, I'm all in!!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No way in hell!
85%
 85%  [ 23 ]
Undecided
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Undecided - Leaning Yes
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Undecided - Leaning No
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/24/17 8:21 am    ::: Company Wants to Microchip Employees Reply Reply with quote

I don't see myself agreeing to this.

Quote:
"It's the next thing that's inevitably going to happen, and we want to be a part of it," Three Square Market Chief Executive Officer Todd Westby told the station.

Quote:
"We foresee the use of RFID technology to drive everything from making purchases in our office break room market, opening doors, use of copy machines, logging into our office computers, unlocking phones, sharing business cards, storing medical/health information, and used as payment at other RFID terminals," Westby said in a company statement. "Eventually, this technology will become standardized allowing you to use this as your passport, public transit, all purchasing opportunities, etc."

Quote:
Employees are not required to get the microchips, and Westby told the station there is no GPS tracking.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2017/07/24/wisconsin-company-install-rice-sized-microchips-employees/503867001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/24/17 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad I won't be around when this is standard practice.

PostPosted: 07/24/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is insane.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/24/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a neighbor who sits in a sales booth (some home product like windows) at a Costco. He was upset that his boss had put an app on his phone that tracks his location. At other sales jobs he was used to leaving early after a particularly good day, and this forced him to stick around till the end.

One thing companies could do to track employees more is force them to use their badge to get out of the building, in addition to using it to get in.

Someone on TV said the other day that people at work are wasting 8 hours a week not doing work-related things. It was implied that a lot of that is on their cell phones.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/24/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I have a neighbor who sits in a sales booth (some home product like windows) at a Costco. He was upset that his boss had put an app on his phone that tracks his location. At other sales jobs he was used to leaving early after a particularly good day, and this forced him to stick around till the end.

If it's his personal phone he should delete the app. My boss doesn't even have my cell number. If they need to call me they have to use my landline number.

PostPosted: 07/24/17 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Someone on TV said the other day that people at work are wasting 8 hours a week not doing work-related things. It was implied that a lot of that is on their cell phones.

As a person who logged many hours of sound sleep in a roaring steel mill Embarassed and after living in California for 30 years, it has long been my position that American workers, out there, not so much in LA, have a long and very hard reset to do on their attitudes toward work, hard work, the job, etc. in order to continue to compete with both countries around the world where people, to a degree that is cultural, bust their asses non stop to earn a living, as well as competing here on their own soil with those who are migrating here, legally and otherwise, from countries like Mexico and many other places.

So these (ranging to the very unacceptable thread title here) electronic means of monitoring employees movements is a lot less necessary when employers have an army of hard-working, self-motivated employees. Slackers stand out without these technologies and problems very often take care of themselves.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/24/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very quick story. I used to work at a car wash briefly when I was a teenager. The way it works, at least in the Western PA area is this. Cars line up, driver takes the car all the way to the guiding rails and gets out, car goes through the car wash and there's like... six of us with towels who do a quick drying and then the owners jumped in and drive off and the air does the rest. You're in and out basically in the time it takes to wait in line, for the car to make it through the car wash, and however long it takes you to get in the car and get off the lot. 5 minutes tops.

When I first moved out here I hadn't had my car washed in ages and mrs jammer was coming to visit. So on the way to the airport to pick her up I decided to make a quick stop at a car wash. That was my first experience at an LA car wash. lol. So ... they vacuumed the damn thing thoroughly, goes through the wash, some guys are there to do the initial drying, and then your car is parked while one or maybe two guys dries the door jams and trunk lid, does the windows on the inside, all of them, cleans the interior surfaces, does the wheels and tires, etc. Normally takes about 25 minutes, that time seemed like about a half hour. I was late picking her up, etc.

Just a small example of a constellation of differences when it comes to work, what is expected, and not even getting into the attitudes (positive) of so many if not most of the people here doing hard work.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/24/17 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
tfan wrote:

As a person who logged many hours of sound sleep in a roaring steel mill Embarassed and after living in California for 30 years, it has long been my position that American workers, out there, not so much in LA, have a long and very hard reset to do on their attitudes toward work, hard work, the job, etc. in order to continue to compete with both countries around the world where people, to a degree that is cultural, bust their asses non stop to earn a living, as well as competing here on their own soil with those who are migrating here, legally and otherwise, from countries like Mexico and many other places.

So these (ranging to the very unacceptable thread title here) electronic means of monitoring employees movements is a lot less necessary when employers have an army of hard-working, self-motivated employees. Slackers stand out without these technologies and problems very often take care of themselves.

What's wrong with the thread title? Confused

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/31/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The next phase is when the government decides to micochip every citizen and do away with currency. Can we say 666?

PostPosted: 07/31/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The next phase is when the government decides to micochip every citizen and do away with currency. Can we say 666?

They'll use 666 bit encryption

PostPosted: 08/03/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw this story on PBS recently. Clearly one of those 'double-edged' innovations. All I could think of was how, in the future, you won't need to steal a credit card, wallet, etc.: just chop their hand off and go to town!

Sad.

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/03/17 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I saw this story on PBS recently. Clearly one of those 'double-edged' innovations. All I could think of was how, in the future, you won't need to steal a credit card, wallet, etc.: just chop their hand off and go to town!

Sad.

You kinda make it sound like demanding a person's severed hand is more convenient for a crook than demanding their wallet Laughing

PostPosted: 08/04/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Howee wrote:

Sad.

You kinda make it sound like demanding a person's severed hand is more convenient for a crook than demanding their wallet Laughing

Laughing True! Yes, the 'convenience' factor is a problem. But I'm just thinking in terms of how tough it is to get their PINs, etc. Razz

PostPosted: 08/06/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a related note...

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article165311362.html

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: