RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Its Official
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will You Play NBA Live 18 Now That It Features the WNBA ?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 24 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 40

SCook

PostPosted: 08/03/17 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is so exciting!! As soon as I saw BG, I felt the tears coming on and had to get myself together.

The visuals are so good. I don't play videogames but I'm sure my sister will buy it.

PostPosted: 08/03/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Will it show all the players whining after getting a foul called, or Tip's near death injuries every game? Will DT get a T every game or so and elbow opposing players in the face when no one is watching? Will they show Angel watching the games from the TV in her ice cream store?

Laughing Laughing seems like its just going to be "Play Now" Mode like exhibition games no season or career mode this year.

PostPosted: 08/03/17 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe this will increase the popularity of the league . People will actually be able to recognize and name players . More than just the famous ones so this should definitely drive interest up.

PostPosted: 08/03/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm wonder who the first player to complain about her ratings will be

PostPosted: 08/03/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

That's something to celebrate. Very Happy
pilight

PostPosted: 08/03/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/article/20230642/get-ready-dunk-brittney-griner-dish-sue-bird-wnba-players-coming-nba-live-18

Quote:
Loyd has seen the finished product of her likeness. She only has one complaint: "The socks are a little bit too high," she said. "I look tougher in the game than in real life, but I'll take it. We just gotta fix the socks."

HarryHoops will be pleased

PostPosted: 08/03/17 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad they also included Lori Ann ! She really looks good on this game , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QLVGFzzaGs

PostPosted: 08/03/17 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question , I wonder if the players will be compensated for having there character used in the game . Anyone have an idea ? Pilight ?

Btw they got DT's Nose Right https://twitter.com/WNBA #YAyy lmao

PostPosted: 08/03/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA trending on twitter all day today without even a game being played yet !

https://trends24.in/united-states/

This is awesome !

PostPosted: 08/03/17 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Question , I wonder if the players will be compensated for having there character used in the game . Anyone have an idea ? Pilight ?

I assume this is covered under article XXVI of the CBA. It refers to a side agreement, the "Licensing Agreement", which does not appear to be online. So I really have no idea how this is set up.

PostPosted: 08/03/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't played video games since I was 15 but I would have loved this back then. I always had to pick the female characters otherwise I wouldn't play Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/03/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Looks much better than when I would build my own rosters on the older versions of 2k. Not super keen on live, I prefer 2k, but I will make an exception to support the W. I know what I'm getting all my nephews for Christmas.

Omg u built rosters tooo? Ive built WNBA rosters from hand on from 2K13-16 Im.actually playing 16 right now with my updated WNBa 17 roster wings. Took about 3 months each yr to make each player but it came out great for me really kept me into video games for a while. Glad now i can just play without having to create 200 players plus rookie rosters !!

PostPosted: 08/03/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/893124312235786240

OMG we got video guys !! THIS LOOKS AMAZEBALLS ! WOW Dolsons purple hair ! BG looks like a monster , EDD playing like Edd & Even have stewies funny stance and shape . This made my day

Dolson hasn't had purple hair since like her 2nd year and she never had it with the Sky. Maybe they should have gotten player images from at least the last 2 years.

PostPosted: 08/03/17 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They really should have had me do the player ratings for all the point guards. Most of them would be mad at me though...but the truth hurts Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 08/03/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/893144281791188992

The court looks great, but there should not be a tunnel behind the basket. Razz

Other than the socks, they did a nice job with Jewell.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/03/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
They really should have had me do the player ratings for all the point guards. Most of them would be mad at me though...but the truth hurts Twisted Evil

No offense but you seem bothered by this? Is it because you know who wont be available for play? _____x

PostPosted: 08/03/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

No offense but you seem bothered by this? Is it because you know who wont be available for play? _____x

Oh, man, if they ever let us create players... I'm going to need help rating the Comets to set up the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

(now with spelling variations)
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 08/03/17 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

If they don't let you create players I wonder if they'll let you play NBA players with WNBA players. Then I could just pick Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving and pretend it's her. No one in the WNBA does some of the moves she does, so they would be the next closest thing Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/03/17 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does Borders get any credit for this? Seems like the addition of twitter streaming games, Fan Dual/Draft Kings and now video gaming are all sort of big deals in sports marketing/fan engagement.

Tally24

PostPosted: 08/04/17 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Looks much better than when I would build my own rosters on the older versions of 2k. Not super keen on live, I prefer 2k, but I will make an exception to support the W. I know what I'm getting all my nephews for Christmas.

Omg u built rosters tooo? Ive built WNBA rosters from hand on from 2K13-16 Im.actually playing 16 right now with my updated WNBa 17 roster wings. Took about 3 months each yr to make each player but it came out great for me really kept me into video games for a while. Glad now i can just play without having to create 200 players plus rookie rosters !!

Yes! I would create the teams and players. Only problem is that I was too nice with skills and everyone ended up having a rating of 99

Did anyone notice that they have EDD at the three, Hawkins at the 4 and Emma at center? You will probably have to change starting lineups to reflect the real life rotations instead of based purely upon player rank for some teams.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/04/17 4:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Yes! I would create the teams and players. Only problem is that I was too nice with skills and everyone ended up having a rating of 99

Did anyone notice that they have EDD at the three, Hawkins at the 4 and Emma at center? You will probably have to change starting lineups to reflect the real life rotations instead of based purely upon player rank for some teams.

I saw Dolson at SF in a youtube video, definitely needs some work.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/04/17 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Oh, man, if they ever let us create players... I'm going to need help rating the Comets to set up the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

Hopefully they stated it will be more in depth with future installments so idk if that means Next years game or if they do Updates during the NBA season like 2K does. But heck yeah bring in some WNBA legends or Vintage teams and its over. At that point they might as well give the W there own game if that ever happens. Doubt it though...

PostPosted: 08/04/17 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

If they don't let you create players I wonder if they'll let you play NBA players with WNBA players. Then I could just pick Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving and pretend it's her. No one in the WNBA does some of the moves she does, so they would be the next closest thing Very Happy

its WNBA play now , no men vs women unfortunately Sad More so an Exhibition mode.

PostPosted: 08/04/17 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So does Borders get any credit for this? Seems like the addition of twitter streaming games, Fan Dual/Draft Kings and now video gaming are all sort of big deals in sports marketing/fan engagement.

I was thinking that , but then again this probably has more to do with EA sports & the NBA pushing this than borders. I know this was in the works for the past 2 seasons. NBA live cancelled the game last year because they could not squeeze the W in on time .

PostPosted: 08/04/17 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Looks like they used the beginning of the season like first week of the season line ups lol thus the reason cappie is rated an 85!! Shocked Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: