RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Elena Delle Donne thumb injury, out 2-3 weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/03/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka and Griner both average 2 assists per game. We dont hear anything about them. Yes Griner has less talent around her then EDD but what is Nneka's excuse? JJ averages only 1,3 assists per game.. Dont hear a sound about her. Same for Langhorne, Glory Johnson. Fowles is below EDD aswell and she has the most talent around her.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 08/03/17 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Nneka and Griner both average 2 assists per game. We dont hear anything about them. Yes Griner has less talent around her then EDD but what is Nneka's excuse? JJ averages only 1,3 assists per game.. Dont hear a sound about her. Same for Langhorne, Glory Johnson. Fowles is below EDD aswell and she has the most talent around her.

Those are all post players. EDD is not a post player.

PostPosted: 08/03/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

She's played the same position as Nneka this season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/03/17 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
There's no doubt that the presence of EDD greatly increases the chances of her team winning a WNBA game.

She's not a great passer ... get over it.

agree. I don't like the fact she forced herself out of Chicago, just as I didn't like it when Syl, Cappie, and Tina forced trades for themselves...but I really find all the hate for EDD over the top. She often gets the ball late in shot clocks or in situations where she clearly is supposed to create and shoot the ball. And she's usually the best option on her team. In Chicago they seemed to never run plays other than pass the ball to her and see what happens. Before she came to Chicago it was pass the ball to Syl and see what happens. So yes, I would call that Pokey's offense. It is what it is. She's a really excellent player so just enjoy what she does do instead of harping about what she doesn't do.

And if you want comparisons: The only year Tina had a clearly positive assist/TO rate was in '16. This year it's barely in the positive and most years it's been negative. Syl has a hugely negative A/TO....but I don't hear anybody complaining about those numbers or trying to say they are shitty teammates because they don't pass the ball. Nneka included in that conversation. Stewie's A/TO isn't all that great either. So why is it repeated ad nauseum about EDD and not about these other good posts?

Anyway why this comes up in a thread about her being injured is also beyond me.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/03/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Disagree. She is a post player.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/03/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And if you want to call her a SF (in Washington that's clearly been TRP most of the time), then compare her numbers to other SFs. There aren't very many SF's who get great assist or a/TO numbers either, and most of them can't shoot or create nearly as well as EDD can so you would hope they would be contributing something else...

so once again, why is EDD being singled out in this regard? It's like trying to find something to criticize. If you want to criticize, I think it's better to try going after her defense which really ain't that good.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/03/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Disagree. She is a post player.

Just like the other post players that i mentioned she is the end station. She is the player that you want to take the shot

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: