Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/01/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Since you all mentioned Vadeeva, when is Cecilia Zandalasini eligible to declare? She's on my radar as well. She's a young, talented player from a European team with very limited success, meaning she'll be more available regularly.

Already been and gone, and therefore a WNBA free agent. Italy have been just as successful as Russia in recent years, though (i.e. not very).

Thanks Richyyy! Someone should def take a chance on her (if she even wants to come over).

PostPosted: 08/01/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Everyone on this board must hate the Chicago Sky. So many of you having us use our pick on DeShields. I want nothing to do with her.

I would love to get Mitchell and a post (I like Billings a lot, btw).

Since you all mentioned Vadeeva, when is Cecilia Zandalasini eligible to declare? She's on my radar as well. She's a young, talented player from a European team with very limited success, meaning she'll be more available regularly.

Everyone on this board does hate the Sky except for the diehard Sky fans. Diehard fans love the Sky, period. They don't jump ship when their favorite player farts her way out of town.

PostPosted: 08/01/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Everyone on this board must hate the Chicago Sky. So many of you having us use our pick on DeShields. I want nothing to do with her.

Everyone here hates Chicago & Diamond so its a perfect match ! Like Diamonds in the Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wink

PostPosted: 08/01/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@DougFeinberg 1h1 hour ago

The two @UCLAWBB players Jordin Canada and Monique Billings have been impressive in this game

I'm surprised more @WNBA teams aren't here for the training camp. It's one cost to see 35 of best college players

Eric‏ @nemchocke 1h1 hour ago

which teams are there?

@DougFeinberg
Replying to @nemchocke @WNBA

I've seen New York and LA

NY Liberty and LA Sparks has scouts at the USA Women’s U23 National Team Training Camp

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Everyone here hates Chicago & Diamond so its a perfect match ! Like Diamonds in the Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wink

Not a Rihanna fan. That female Klingon can't sing.

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

NY Liberty and LA Sparks has scouts at the USA Women’s U23 National Team Training Camp

I'm curious where they're slotting Gabby.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

The two @UCLAWBB players Jordin Canada and Monique Billings have been impressive in this game

I've thought Billings was somewhat similar to Akhator. Athletic but pretty raw. Her shooting is mostly from 4 feet and in unless she has worked to extend it...and at that distance the % aren't very good. I would also be surprised if she is actually 6'4" tall. She does have a LOT of hustle, kinda like a GloJo type player. I'll be interested to see how she does this year in the P12. If she shows well, she could certainly work her way up the draft order.

- Amanda Gorman
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/01/17 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

I've thought Billings was somewhat similar to Akhator. Athletic but pretty raw. Her shooting is mostly from 4 feet and in unless she has worked to extend it...and at that distance the % aren't very good. I would also be surprised if she is actually 6'4" tall. She does have a LOT of hustle, kinda like a GloJo type player. I'll be interested to see how she does this year in the P12. If she shows well, she could certainly work her way up the draft order.

Call me a homer, but I think Billings is closer to GloJo than Ahkator. She's still pretty raw, but she's athletic and the footwork is there. This could be a big year for her. Idk about 6'4 either...

PostPosted: 08/01/17 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a college game expert.

I saw Billing a couple times last year and thought she looked great. I thought she was fast and even if not 6' 4" was legit PF in the W size. GloJo seems like a decent comp. I think if she goes to a team with some strong scorers she'll be a nice fit. I could see her succeeding in PX or Atl, or off the bench in LA or Minn, Chicago could be interesting alongside Dolson, sort of doing what Boyette was supposed to do as a rebounder and rim protector but from the PF spot instead of how Imani pushed Dolson to the PF spot.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/02/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I really like Gabby Williams, but the success rate of 5-11 post players in the WNBA is not all that high. If she can develop a three-point shot, she could be a very valuable wing, and if not, an undersized four who can cause matchup problems, but hard to see her as a post.

She's on same team with Wilson at U23 so one would assume she's playing the 4 at a minimum, not the 5.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/02/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd just note that Billings team got smoked 93-75 in that game and she was outscored by two opposing bigs (Shepard and Stevens).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/02/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I'd just note that Billings team got smoked 93-75 in that game and she was outscored by two opposing bigs (Shepard and Stevens).

Yeah same with Aja & Gabby's team starting off with an early Loss also . Thought there team had the most talent

PostPosted: 08/02/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Yeah Billings had a double-double 14pt 12rebs

Stevens 17pts 9rebs
Shepard 18pts

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/02/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I really like Gabby Williams, but the success rate of 5-11 post players in the WNBA is not all that high. If she can develop a three-point shot, she could be a very valuable wing, and if not, an undersized four who can cause matchup problems, but hard to see her as a post.

She's on same team with Wilson at U23 so one would assume she's playing the 4 at a minimum, not the 5.

Not sure where Gabby is playing but it did look like they used her to guard the low post, I noticed she wasn't in the review they did so maybe she got a little lost out there. Collier had a big game and looks like a top 3 pick in 2018 or 2019.
Billings isn't really a rim protector so i'm not sure she would be a good pick up for the sky if that's what they are looking for, Stevens looks like a bigger version of Dewanna Bonner and even at 6'6 could be more of a small forward then Delle Donne, Stewart, or Jones. Should Stevens declare for 2018, I think she would challenge Wilson for the top pick if a team at the top doesn't need a true big.
root_thing

PostPosted: 08/02/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Billings is bigger and more athletic than Akator. She really impressed me in that February UCLA win over Stanford when she totally outplayed Erica McCall. I say this as someone who went in as a McCall fan. People should remember that Erica is pretty athletic herself. I was looking forward to a competitive match-up, but it really wasn't. McCall had trouble shooting over Billings and ended up with 14 pts on 4-14 shooting. Erica did get 12 boards, but she had no blocks and fouled out. Billings put up 21 pts (6-12), 15 rebounds, and 4 blocks. It's only one outing, but it was an impressive performance from Monique in a big game, matched-up against a quality player.

PostPosted: 08/02/17 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Yeah same with Aja & Gabby's team starting off with an early Loss also . Thought there team had the most talent

I thought the teams were fairly balanced but that if I had to pick a team it was team 2. Great height with McCowan, Stevens and Shepard, and a true point guard in Canada.

And it's turned out that team two has smoked it's first two opponents.

Wilson's team lacks height and a pg, unless you consider Mitchell a true pg.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/02/17 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After the round robin, Team 1 (Billings, Brown, Fluker, McCarty, Nared, Samuelson, Slocum, Vivians, White) is the only team without a win, with the other three teams tied at 2-1 each. In the semifinals, Team 1 plays Team 3 (which badly beat previously unbeaten Team 2 this afternoon), while Teams 2 and 4 face off in the other.

The title game and bronze medal game will be streamed live Friday morning.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/09/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4HTsZdd0LiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qQf5RS407OU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="584" height="328" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BdQtrAjioZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T59MDScsFFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GC5nQ4P5bvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/13/17 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azura & Jordan Looking good here.

PostPosted: 08/13/17 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Azura & Jordan Looking good here.

I think Z can be a small forward once she hits the pros, and not just occasionally play there like EDD.
Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.usab.com/basketball/media/pdfs/2017/wu23-stats/8-13-usa-canpdf.aspx

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/14/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Typical USA: bad three-point shooting, too many turnovers, way too athletic for whoever they're playing.

Sabrina Ionescu and Brittany McPhee both looked good in the box score. McPhee is an interesting player -- up to this point, she has raised her game only when the competition has forced her to, but she has raised her game. She wasn't nearly as good at Stanford as a freshman as she is now, and it's possible she'll keep on improving at the pro level.

Now whether that means she'll be able to start in the WNBA at some point is another question, but she could turn into an Allie Quigley/Anna DeForge kind of player who takes until her mid-20s to make an impact.

PostPosted: 08/17/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got Kalani Brown taken down and Tearica McCowan to replace her. She tore up to #4 in user drafts.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/17/17 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just what we need - another LV.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 8 of 93

Jump to: