RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/01/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Wait, you stopped throwing shade at Stevens and now you're throwing it at Gabby? First time I was wowed by Gabby was the big regular season game against ND. She singlehandedly dismantled them with a line of 19 points, 12 rebounds, six assists and five steals. She's been wowing me ever since. She's the best defender on a UConn team. Coaches are thirsting for college players willing to put energy into defense. Any team will be lucky to have Gabby.

No shade i think both players are hell of a talents , i just wanted an explanation for the hype . Gabby did dismantle ND i do agree playing the 4 . I stated Gabby playing guard would not benefit her WNBA stock . Geno was reluctant to even use her as a guard , but since she's worked on her shot so vastly i guess this would work ? Although i think shes most effective playing the 4 & Indiana would be the perfect team. Gabby's work ethic is unmatched imo. So no shade please don't misinterpret shades

PostPosted: 08/01/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:

Doesn't Stevens have two years of eligibility left? Has there been any indication if she plans to stay or go after only one?

Yes she does, so you can never tell what might happen.

Here's my rationale for her moving on after one year. That's exactly what both Davis and Gray did after one year at SC. They got their championship and spring-boarded early to the WNBA. If UConn doesn't win next year (they're the prohibited favorite), then she'll have to weigh her options. You never know what's important to individual players, but I gotta believe she didn't transfer from Duke to UConn because education is a priority. She should have enough credits to graduate after this next season. Does she really need another year at UConn?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/01/17 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:

Doesn't Stevens have two years of eligibility left? Has there been any indication if she plans to stay or go after only one?

Here's my rationale for her moving on after one year. That's exactly what both Davis and Gray did after one year at SC. They got their championship and spring-boarded early to the WNBA. If UConn doesn't win next year (they're the prohibited favorite), then she'll have to weigh her options. You never know what's important to individual players, but I gotta believe she didn't transfer from Duke to UConn because education is a priority. She should have enough credits to graduate after this next season. Does she really need another year at UConn?

You read it here first...UConn is not allowed to win this year. They are the prohibited favorite. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/01/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:

Actually, after experiencing the coaching of McCallie, she might benefit from two full years of coaching under Auriemma. She might have moved to UConn not just for a championship but for the coaching and development that she would receive. A post is also usually slower to develop than a shooter anyway. But starting out your statement that she will do it because that was what the other two did last year ignores all the other times when a player did not do that (Candace Parker, Brittney Griner).

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 08/01/17 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby played guard on her fathers AAU team, mostly in lower level tournaments, she has played in the paint as she did not have the guard skills to play that position at Uconn. There are articles quoting Geno about it. That aside, she is an amazing athlete but some are expecting a lot from her if you think she will suddenly be playing guard at the level needed for the W. W teams would want her for her hustle and being a Uconn player as a true teammate and playing the right way, alone.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/01/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is this in the Storms thread?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/01/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Because someone doesn't know how to start a new topic.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/01/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I know, some nice draft talk is kinda wasted on the Storm thread.... but they do seem to need the most help on the subject. Surprised

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/01/17 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I know, some nice draft talk is kinda wasted on the Storm thread.... but they do seem to need the most help on the subject. Surprised

Let me know when the nice and helpful draft talk starts.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/01/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Rebuilding can become a way of life (e.g. the Wings).

The Storm should have snatched up Curt Miller when they had the chance. Hell, they should have kept Brian Agler. Instead, they went with a re-tread shitty coach that was never any good in the past and IS living up to her reputation.

boucek has a long history with seattle and the franchise. after she left ann donovan as assistant, she stayed with the organization as a scout for the sonics. then came back as agler assistant. so the storm's ownership/management might have some loyalty feeling toward her.?

Hmm. Loyalty or being a winning team??

StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/01/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:

The Storm should have snatched up Curt Miller when they had the chance. Hell, they should have kept Brian Agler. Instead, they went with a re-tread shitty coach that was never any good in the past and IS living up to her reputation.

Boucek has a long history with seattle and the franchise. after she left ann donovan as assistant, she stayed with the organization as a scout for the sonics. then came back as agler assistant. so the storm's ownership/management might have some loyalty feeling toward her.?

I suspect Sue Bird wanted Boucek around. Otherwise, Bird probably would have sought free agency and sign with another team. And I doubt the Storm owners wanted that to happen.

But if the Storm don't make the playoffs this season, I think Boucek's time with the team is done, no matter what Sue or any other player says. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/01/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:

Boucek has a long history with seattle and the franchise. after she left ann donovan as assistant, she stayed with the organization as a scout for the sonics. then came back as agler assistant. so the storm's ownership/management might have some loyalty feeling toward her.?

I suspect Sue Bird wanted Boucek around. Otherwise, Bird probably would have sought free agency and sign with another team. And I doubt the Storm owners wanted that to happen.

But if the Storm don't make the playoffs this season, I think Boucek's time with the team is done, no matter what Sue or any other player says. Rolling Eyes

From what I understand, Sue did stay in part because they hired Jenny but did not have any direct input at the time. Seattle no longer has any beat reporters so we have no insight into the dynamics to know who is responsible for the personnel decisions which I think is at the heart of the issue. I didn't like the Swords trade when it was made but convinced myself that the team saw something I didn't. So, who brought in a player who was so ill-suited to the system? Who was responsible for not being able to bring in any decent free agents in the last 3 years? I am sick of seeing marvelously athletic opponents shoot freely and confidently while the Storm throw an undersized and average (but very basketball-savvy) group in and hope the system can generate enough offense.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/01/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A good coach, to at least some extent, fits the system to the players rather than blithely hoping it'll work the other way around. You have to build the right holes for your pegs, rather than just jamming them in whether they're square, round, hexagonal or whatever.

PostPosted: 08/01/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why in the world would Bird feel that kind of loyalty to such a mediocre coach?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/01/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Loyalty to city, team, and maybe establishing the next generation. Also maybe she has a higher opinion of what they are trying to do than a bunch of basement warriors.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/01/17 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Loyalty to city, team, and maybe establishing the next generation. Also maybe she has a higher opinion of what they are trying to do than a bunch of basement warriors.

I prefer cellar commandos.......

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/01/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

First of all, my house doesn't have a basement. :P Second of all, believing in what they're trying to do is all well and to the good, but it doesn't magically make Boucek anything other than the mediocre coach that she is.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
sigur3

PostPosted: 08/01/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I prefer cellar commandos.......

Let me know when you n00bs graduate to the first floor like me.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/01/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My house doesn't even have a first floor. Its all basement.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/renovation/videos/a26227/missle-silo-house/

RP

PostPosted: 08/01/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I live in a crackhouse. With a family of 12. Every night we spoon for warmth. Everybody fights for Noelle. She's the fattest. There's nothing that we don't share. Floor space, dental floss, even condoms.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
I live in a crackhouse. With a family of 12. Every night we spoon for warmth. Everybody fights for Noelle. She's the fattest. There's nothing that we don't share. Floor space, dental floss, even condoms.

Yeah, and even with all the advantages Miller has as a WNBA coach, you'll still be a better player scout. Wink

pilight

PostPosted: 08/10/17 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boucek fired. Kloppenburg is interim coach.

PostPosted: 08/10/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Boucek fired. Kloppenburg is interim coach.

Newbie Megdal can move mountains

pilight

PostPosted: 08/10/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering WNBA coaches have been fired based on anonymous message board threads, it's not a high bar to clear.

PostPosted: 08/10/17 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it will be difficult to feel much optimism until we get a better GM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: